Okay, current listing:
- Beguile's Mistress*
- Esoteric Myobi
Background and tentative roles:In 570 BCE, the ruler of Egypt was a man called Wahibre Haaibre, known to the Greeks as Apries, son of Psamtik II and Queen Takhut. Though he was known for his building programs and other public works, greatly encouraging the arts under his reign, he wasn't much of a strategist when it came to warfare. An ill-advised foray into the Kingdom of Judah, followed by a dramatic loss to Dorian Greek invaders, led to a civil war between native Egyptian troops and the unpopular Greek mercenaries Apries often used.
Apries sent Ahmose (also called Amasis), his most trusted general, to put down this rebellion. Swept up by a tide of popular support, for Ahmose was very well-liked, he instead gave in to the pleadings of those who disliked and distrusted Apries and declared himself king.
History shows that the general, after defeating Apries in battle, became the unchallenged ruler of Egypt as Ahmose II. But during those early days, the succession was still very uncertain. Perhaps this time, the rebels will not take the throne so easily.Fan-Bearers
- To be a Fan-Bearer meant that one was a courtier, greatly favored by the king, and in return, this group is deeply loyal to Apries. Whatever his mistakes, he is the embodiment of the gods on earth, and deserves the respect and loyalty of his people. And the king is still young, needing only the guidance of his more experienced advisors to make Egypt strong again.Grand Vizier
- Most senior advisor, second only to the king himself, there is little this person does not know. Once each night, the Vizier may learn the role of another player.Royal Guard
- Though many of the soldiers favor Ahmose, who is after all a soldier like them, this person is still fiercely dedicated to the rightful king. Once each night, this player may protect one other player from the rebels.Follower of Isis
- The goddess Isis was most commonly invoked by those who practiced the arts of magic. Once during the game, during a night phase, this player may choose one other player to remove through magic. It will appear as though that person was struck down by the deities themselves...Soldiers of the Moon
- Taking their name from Ahmose (whose name means "the moon is born"), these rebels believe that Ahmose is the only person who can keep the kingdom safe from the threats of the Greeks and the Persians. Once each night, they will attempt to remove one of the loyalists.