And the new list of who'd like to play:
- Beguile's Mistress
I have some roles listed below. If the game is going to run with over twenty people, though, or even close to that, I'll probably add some other roles to help things go more quickly. There again, I'll take votes -- I'm thinking of the Executioner, perhaps, or maybe the Alchemist.
It could also be possible to add a Rebel Leader, who would be the equivalent of the Alpha in the Werewolf version -- this person, once during the game, could choose someone to bribe, threaten, or otherwise coerce over to the rebels' cause.
- A group of important citizens who have banded together in a time of political crisis. The king has just died, leaving a daughter as the new queen; but she is too young to rule alone. The councilors (led by an elected Regent) have gathered to protect and advise their new ruler... but they soon learn that there is a rebel faction that hopes to seize the throne.Rebels (3-5)
- Though the world thinks they are loyal subjects, they know the hazards of having such a youthful ruler, and would prefer to have an adult of their choosing on the throne. And if this new ruler is willing to reward their support, so much the better. Each night, they may vote to remove one other player.Weaponsmaster (1)
- This person's skill with weapons is matched only by their loyalty to the Queen. Once each night, this person may protect one fellow player from harm at the rebels' hands.Historian (1)
- No ordinary academic, this person's knowledge of noble geneaologies and history is second to none -- and there is a good deal of useful information to be found in the pages of some books. Once each night, this person may request to learn one other player's role from the GM (Val).Regent (1)
- An elected role. In the case of a tie in the lynch votes, this person will decide who shall be escorted to Tower Green to meet the headsman's sword.Edit: Corrected, because Val apparently needs her eyes checked.