Putting this back on the map with an Interest Check
. And there is an announcement that I'm re-working the game setting and some mechanics. The goal is not to make another "wrasslin game", although... it's similar to Pro Wrestling but not quite wrestling. This is more like Dead or Alive (or Best of the Best) meets reality TV in a cheeky, yet unforgiving show.Things I want to expand on
- Setting & Story
: Long story short, Aya
gave me a few ideas on how to flesh out DWD's setting and certain NPCs a while back (prior to my hiatus). These are some things that I'd like to work in that give the show and setting story hooks. To be specific on one: A drug that basically increases sexual drive and endurance (like by a lot
). The fact that it isn't technically legal, but allowed gives the management a bit more of a "crooked connections" hook and could add a bit of drama and craziness outside of the fights themselves. Honestly, it made me think on Simon North in a whole new light. There will still be stories within character rivalries and actual in-ring drama, but I feel like this adds a cherry on top of things. Similarly, there is more to write on how the show prevents female competitors from conceiving as a result of a match outcome and more World and Show Lore for me to touch on now that I've been inspired on this.
- Streamlining some things, but adding a "Strip Clothes Action
" feature (partly borrowing this from another game idea I'm working on).
- The game's action (both fighting and sex) might also "bend" realism (and physics) a bit more than it did in the past. We aren't talking Hadoukens and Sonic Booms (Street Fighter
) or The Matrix
sort of stuff. Instead, something more like Dead or Alive
sort of action. Something that would need a bit of suspension of disbelief, but not much. These are supposed to be super-skilled athletes nearly bordering on superhuman, so I'm thinking of adding a few things to make them feel like they are
- The possibility of including mixed handicap matches
(2 on 1 action).
- Adding more optional stakes to fights where new sorts of scenes could be involved. One such example is a "Wager/Bet
" type of stipulation: "Loser comes with me to X
, bringing/wearing only Y
- Yes! I want to add a money/wage system
where player characters can actually buy things (or even place wagers in their own fights, perhaps). They should be getting paid, and adding this as an incentive for players is a no-brainer to me. These things to purchase should be practical to encourage players to make money, by winning... or at least participating in matches.
- A rework of how characters receive experience and gain levels
- More options for O/O flexibility.
- A rewards system to encourage activity, as well as encourage roleplaying O/O compatibility with other partners.
- A basic "Hardcore Finisher
" option that somewhat ups the ante and smooth the transition from the Fight to R/H (sex) to be more seamless and more "in your face" with it.
- A rework, expansion (and simplifying) of character alignments and motivation. One example would be a new "Exhibitionist" alignment, that somewhat craves R/H... either being on the giving or receiving end of it. I am thinking
of making this more of a roleplaying reference and less of an actual game mechanic.
- There is also more but, I can't quite remember all of it. I've been writing these things down and I feel like I need a nap from this multitasking that I've been doing.