You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 09:34:25 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Date with Destiny - Official Game Rules & System Mechanics  (Read 1120 times)

Offline DallasTopic starter

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • "Don't push your luck..."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Date with Destiny - Official Game Rules & System Mechanics
« on: June 14, 2015, 06:16:37 PM »
Discussions can now be made below... now that I have the placeholder posts that I needed. :-)

Recruiting & Discussion! (Submit Characters here & Chat or ask questions about the game if you want)

PAST REFERENCES & INFORMATION

DWD: The Off-Season (Freeform Group) (Do not bump. Reference only)
Old Character Archive (Do not bump this thread. This is a reference for people from the past that want to use old characters for the new system in place)

I'm leaving the defunct character creation thread up here in case people from the past return and wish to fish out their old character. It will have to be converted into the new system, but it's there for information purposes.

Player Rules of Conduct (Please Read)

PLAYER RULES OF CONDUCT

By joining this group game, you are expected to honor these simple rules. Most of which is basically following Elliquiy's Rules anyway:

1. Respect Fellow Players, Respect Your GM(s) - You are expected to treat other players and the GM(s) with respect, no different than you are expected to behave on the rest of Elliquiy. There will be absolutely zero drama out of game. Players that are causing problems, throwing fits, harassing players or the like will be politely asked to leave the group. We are all adults, so let's please act like it and have fun.

2. This is a Game with Non-Con - There are Non-Con (& Semi-Con, etc.) sexual elements and scenes present in Date with Destiny. Considering that this is part of the point of the game, please do not join with the expectation of this not being present.

3. Dicebot Use & Cheating: All system aspects in Date with Destiny will use Elliquiy's Dicebot. Any rolls made are expected to be linked if they are successful rolls. Failed rolls can simply have the written result (i.e., 'Attack Roll: 2, Miss!'). While players can choose to "trust" each other on an honor system, it is generally expected to link significant dice rolls to set a good example and practice. Cheating (if somehow made an issue) will be dealt with in a way that the lead GM sees fit. This may even lead to being asked to leave. We are on a trust system and the roleplaying, action, writing and fun is what is most important here. So seriously, just link successful dice rolls within action posts.

4. Posting Content & Format: Date with Destiny is not going to radically enforce post length or formats. However, the general expectation is that posts are reasonable for the situation (fight posts and social media "tweets" can be as short as a few sentences, while interviews, intros, promos and mock "Magazine articles" can be several paragraphs long). This is mostly a common sense thing. It is one thing to politely ask partners to tweak things a bit to help you work something of your own in there, it's another thing to be a grammar Nazi or bash writing styles. As far as formats go, I am not going to be super-strict. As long as important information is displayed and it is legible, then I probably won't care how you format your posts.

5 Post Frequency: While Date with Destiny is designed to be flexible for those that are busy, a reasonable post frequency is expected if characters are currently in a fight. Due to the fact that DWD is currently a small group, there are only so many "Arena Spots" for other players to participate in. These rooms will grow as more players join. Occasional activity outside of fights can be done at any Player's pace. However, please try to see fights to their conclusion over a reasonable time period.

6. OOC Chat: Please keep OOC talk in the OOC Thread when at all possible. Breaking this isn't quite so serious, but please use the OOC thread for this kind of stuff.

7. Participation is Desired: Please engage and participate with other players. Do not exclude anyone that has been approved into the game. Having people you like to play with is fine, having a rivalry/story you want to continue is fine. But do not exclude others. This is still a group game.

7. Communicate, Please Don't Just 'Flake': Please. Please keep people in the know. We don't have to know all of your personal business and we don't have to know why you need a break. But please just take a minute to let a GM (and your partners) know that you are stepping away (either for good or temporarily) so that I know what to do with your characters and any current RP segments that they may be involved in. "Flaking" can really slow and bog the flow of the game, considering that it puts everyone in this unnecessary moment of pause. Just let us know that you're leaving or taking a break and things will be dealt with accordingly. It's really no big deal, just don't leave us in the dark. :-)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 04:15:22 PM by Dallas »

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Date with Destiny & The World of 2043
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 06:17:33 PM »
DATE WITH DESTINY & THE WORLD OF 2043

America in 2043

America -- The "Land of Opportunity" is mired with corporate scandals, ruthless betrayals and sprawling criminal enterprises far worse than any could have imagined in years past. The independent career hub it once was has fractured into a few titanic monopolies, spurring a corporate warfare between rival executives and feuding administrators. The concept of a middle class is nearly diminished, as most either accept work as an underling of these corporations, resort to crime or find whatever day-to-day labor to barely scratch out a living.

There is another alternative for those skilled in both hand-to-hand combat, showmanship and lewd, degenerate behavior.

It was a public spectacle spurned by Simon North, a man that packaged the drama of Reality TV, electric action, shocking violence, sex and uncompromising public humiliation into a single televised sensation. It was called the Date With Destiny Tournament.

Two competitors would enter an arena packed with fans, cameras and announcers. One would leave as the winner, and the other would be lucky to leave with their pride still intact. Friendships shattered in betrayals, honor gained through redemption, good vanquishing evil… and even the malevolent dominating the virtuous. Every fight had a story to tell and plenty of shocking, tantalizing content to indulge an audience that was desensitized to the media of old. This was now one of the juggernauts in entertainment, sports and reality television.

As companies flocked to sponsor and get in on this rapidly expanding cash cow, Simon took advantage in promoting this product as a mainstay on television. If a person's dream was to be independently wealthy and famous, then odds are, their dream is to be a fighter in this immoral but successful sport. Fighting through the exhibition season to accumulate fame and status, qualifying for the tournament itself and winning championship gold… it would take survival of the fittest, a heart of stone or perhaps the grit and determination of those that believe they still have an ounce of decency left.

The question is…... …how much of that remains true to you? What do you fight for? The money? The fame? The glory? Or is it the pleasure of doing whatever you want to your defeated opponent on live television?

There are many kinds of ambitions and motives within the darkest pit of every fighters soul.

About The Game

About The Game

Date With Destiny is a sandbox system game that mainly deals with 1-on-1 televised fights that uses a turn-based d20 combat system (similar to the pace of the old Pokémon games on Gameboy), but in a streamlined d20 system formula. With a simple approach, it provides roleplaying, action, potential for both story and drama, character development, customization, and an evolving experience as characters come and go in the roster with time. It also is kept open in ways so that players can write the character they want without feeling quite as conformed by statistics.

Fighters go through careers similar to MMA Fighters or Boxers in real life. They fight, they train, promote themselves, interview, ignite rivalries and even make friends along the way. However, there is only so long a fighter can go before they have to retire. This is kind of how I have characters come and go, but the career length is flexible and it allows plenty of time for a player to grow and develop their character in the world and "on paper". I encourage role play to be important, despite this being a system game.

It starts with players creating their first character, training them, laying it on the line on fight night and learning from their experiences. In general, I'm thinking that a player can assume the role of at least one fighter, male or female. I haven't yet decided if I want trans or cross-gendered fighters in the league given the world and the actual culture of the league. While this isn't an absolute "No" at the moment, I just can't really see where they would fit in collectively as a fighter in this world's culture. Although I'm not opposed to transgendered managers and other minor characters later, it is just a difficult cultural fit for what I have in mind. Besides, with sincere respects to it; other games like this seem to have plenty of this from what I've seen. I'd rather do something a little different.

Mind you, this applies to characters, not writers. Any writer can participate in DWD provided that they agree to and follow the rules.

Reasons on DWD being a System game
So... Why is Date with Destiny a System game?

Heh. Look, I know that "System" is that word on Elliquiy that tends to either intimidate or turn people away for various reasons. The reason why I push this as a system is because they push players to improvise beyond deciding an outcome beforehand. They have a distinct unpredictability that could sway a story in any direction. For a game like this where good and evil can easily be blurred, I feel that having that unpredictable feeling brings a sense of excitement in participants involved. There are stakes wagered and I feel more interested in where and how the story is going go with every roll of the dice. I understand that not everyone shares this fascination of mine, and some like to try to steer things in a particular direction (after all, I also like doing the same thing in freeform). So in an attempt to draw anyone in (system nuts like me, casual gamers or newbies), I have been working to streamline this as much as possible. So that it doesn't feel like a big chore to manage multiple rulebooks with statistics.

Most of DWD's system comes down to a roll of a dice, straight simple math and a result. Afterward, the player improvises and writes out the action as they want that correspond with the result. So if they "hit" their opponent, a player can write the play-by-play and describe how they did so. If they fail, again, they shoot from the hip and describe how their character failed in their action so that other players organically write with it. Most group freeform games I've seen tend to have character customization, and really... this game is not all that different. The only key difference is that a die is rolled to determine a result. That's pretty much it. :-)

What to Expect: Ons & Offs in a Non-Con Game
While Date With Destiny is considered a Non-Con game, it is important to to be considerate of fellow E members and their Ons and Offs. However, I have to maintain an appropriate and compatible audience that could ideally work for most of respective members in a group. Therefore, expect to see a list of minimum "pre-requisites" for players that are interested in the game and its world.

But please also keep in mind that while some of this has a bit of tongue-in-cheek: This is still a game with non-con (or dubious/semi consent, at best) with staged violence. This does not mean every encounter (fight) must end this way, but do not join in expecting these elements to be absent. :-)

Characters in Date with Destiny

Characters in Date with Destiny

Characters in the world of Date With Destiny are fighters that live in mixed fortune. While some fight and enjoy the fame, independent wealth and everyday thrill of their careers, a lot is laid on the line reputation-wise. Some career fighters quickly realize that they are not cut out for the life, others struggle with not knowing who to trust. Some managers have even "sexploited" their own prospects by placing them in match-ups where a loss and rape was almost assured. Other fighters have had the desire to be "world-savers" only to have the "reality" of the world laugh at them. But even still, a fighter somehow finds an audience and a way to accumulate fans no matter what they believe in or how they contain themselves. Even in retirement, some still find a way to come back to the business and play a role in it.

Charts & References
XP Chart

Variety is how many different Fighting Styles a character can have at once.
10th is max level for any character in the game. You could say that a level 10 character is like Muhammad Ali in his prime.

Rewards Chart

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:35:16 AM by Dallas »

• Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Character Creation & Growth
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 06:17:54 PM »
These sections are everything needed to get started on creating a Date With Destiny character. All character sheets require the following:

Character Information

INFORMATION

Name: Your character's full name. You can also include a nickname if you wish, but a full name is required.
Sex: Your character's physical gender. I am only allowing mono-genders for now for various reasons. The only options available are Male or Female. Mixed gender declarations can be placed in parentheses, but anatomy must be monogender. If you wish to play a futa character or something... ask me first. I want this to be a reasonable limit in terms of the roster.
Orientation: Your characters sexual orientation. Players are expected to honor NC situations maturely regarding sexual orientation. If the potential R/H victim is a male Hetero and the winner is a male Homosexual or Bisexual, then an R/H sequence would require an "Out-of-character consent" on both players.
HT: Height, preferably in feet and inches if possible. But not required to be, metric works too.
Build: Overall, physical description of your characters build in just a few words (a la "Stocky", "Muscular", "Slender", etc.)
Ethnicity: Your character's ethnicity/race/etc.
From: This is where your character comes from in the world, as in... their hometown or homeland. It is optional for immigrated fighters (from out of the states) to place where they came from before and where they live now. For those that want to live near a local DWD arena, DWD has three arenas: Houston (TX), Seattle (WA) & Vancouver (B.C., Canada).
Hair: Hair color (and style, if prefered)
Eyes: Eye (iris) color.

Career Statistics
STATS

Level (Starts at 1) All 'Date with Destiny' fighters begin their careers at 1st Level (or Level: 1). When a character gains a level, their statistics and abilities grow and they may learn a few powerful abilities to use in future matches. The maximum level for any DWD competitor is 10th (Level: 10). Levels are increased by gaining Experience (XP) after fighting and training. It is quick to gain levels early in ones career, but every fighter must struggle and work extra hard to perfect their art. Note: A 10th level character in Date with Destiny takes time and dedication to achieve, whereas it is reasonably quick for one to reach mid-level (5th), for example. 10th level competitors are very rare in Date with Destiny.

Experience (or 'XP'): Experience begins with 0. When a character has accumulated enough XP, they gain a level to increase their overall strength and skill.

Aspect: Choose between 3 Aspects (see spoiler tag below)
Aspects (Alignments)

Aspects

An Aspect is an overall description of your characters personal goals, tendencies and moral values. This is essentially an "alignment" found in other roleplaying games. In terms of roleplaying this determines how your character should act in certain situations. There are currently 3 basic Aspects to choose from. Generally, there are pros and cons to any of these three. You must select between Career-Driven, Class Act or Ruthless. Here is a breakdown of each Aspect:

Career-Driven

The Career-Driven or "neutral" fighter is typically the most unpredictable. They may pose heroics one moment and decide to turn around and do something different the next. They are free to act as they please and generally suffer no consequences for their actions. Due to the economy, some fighters tend to be in "just to get by." They may only care about financial success and not place priority on how their opponent feels or acts. Although they could have a heart and show mercy... as long as their career or job security is not threatened or effected in their eyes, everything else usually comes second. They could also only care about ratings, fans and wealth that comes only through success.

Some possess a "decent" or neutral heart or a conflicted feeling that prioritizes survival. If they participate in R/H, the reasons could greatly vary. Some may find it to be "good fun" and try to steer their opponent in a dubious consent ("You say no, but your body says yes"). Some could be playful, others could think it would be great for ratings ("Give the fans what they want"). This is the most flexible alignment to play in terms of freedom, as they are not penalized for actions they take. On the downside, however... they do not gain any bonus rewards after a match because (technically) anything they do could be justified as "within character".

Class Act

The Class-Act fighter typically favors technique and perfection in their art, accompanied by appreciation for good competition. As such, most like them possess a strong, personal collective honor. While not completely uniform, most Class-Acts generally get along with one another -- as they are almost always respectful. Some could only seek victory and identify them as milestones in their accomplishment while others could care about honor and have a love for the fight itself. Class-Acts in Date with Destiny sometimes tend to be idealists, suggesting that their skill alone should be enough to leave spectators in awe.

Despite some popular beliefs, Class-Act fighters can attract quite a crowd and build a respectable fan-base. Whether it is due to the crowd waiting to enjoy their failures or if it is because their skill and deeds are legitimately treasured... this tends to be a subject of mixed opinion in social media. Class-Acts can also be trying to survive on noble intentions and uniquely gifted skill (similar, but not quite identical to Career-Driven characters). The main distinction is that their conscience and ideals come before any ambitions or desires that may arise. Generally, the only thing that may cause them to slip is if they felt greatly insulted or disrespected. Defeat is one thing; insult to injury and pride is something else.

For those seeking a "Good" aligned character, the Class-Act is the closest in this regard. They are rewarded when they simply fight and leave respectfully (without going any further than acknowledging success). They are penalized when they deviate from honor by doing "shameful" deeds (like R/H and lewd behavior).

Ruthless

The Ruthless Fighter tends to cares little for the well-being of other competitors. All that matters is their own satisfaction, be it money or a sadistic obsession of breaking an opponent's spirit. Many Ruthless characters enjoy the methodical rush of annihilating a strong foe through might, skill and even sex. With that said, they also tend to "secretly" crave the thought of conflict and making enemies -- sometimes even other Ruthless competitors. This can also sometimes extend to their own fanbase (or be seen that way).

However, a somewhat common misconception (particularly with Class-Act characters) is that they hate their own fans. This isn't necessarily the case, as some can also be roused by devoted spectators that need to see them obliterate opponents without compromise. This is the counter-part (and frequently the rival) of the Class-Act fighter. They are almost always complete opposites from one another. However they are alike in a sense in one important way; there is still a standard and awareness in them and they are not stupidly careless. They are smart enough to know that acting like a lowly thug toward others in public (on the street) would do them more harm than benefit. Ruthless characters take a twisted pride in settling their scores and agenda in the ring. To them, that is the entire point! As such, if a Class-Act were to try to wish a Ruthless fighter luck before a match with a handshake... they would probably brush the "do-gooder" away or ignore them. Perhaps they would insult them with a snide comment or simply knock their silly handshake aside and walk away.

The DWD take on "Evil", a Ruthless character is rewarded when they go the "extra mile" after defeating an opponent (often through Rape/Humiliation). They are penalized for not indulging this need when possible, unless it is due to a draw or a loss. Also, they do not suffer a penalty when their opponent is an "unappealing" prospect in some way (for instance, if a Ruthless hetero male fights and defeats another male). Despite appearances, Ruthless fighters can be difficult to play at times due to less reward for doing what is most expected. However, they are not penalized as much for deviating from their initial tendencies when possible.

Fighting Style: Mostly for roleplay and flavor purposes, this is a name or description of your character's fighting style. This is more about how you write what happens when the dice start rolling. A wrestler's strike attacks could be a clothesline or a dropkick. A master in Judo could rely on elaborate tosses and sweeps for grabbing and throwing. It is ultimately up to you on how you want to describe how your character fights in the ring.

Record: Either put "0-0-0 (0)" which basically means 0 Wins, 0 Loses, 0 Draws and 0 total matches in parentheses. Alternatively, you can have it like this:

W: 0
L: 0
D: 0
Matches: 0

The fight record is used as a reference to determine your character's career life. Fighters are expected to retire in between 30-50 matches. There is no hard number set for this yet, but expect one in the future.

Fighter Attributes
ATTRIBUTES

The following is upgraded with points at character creation and as you level. You get 30 points to spend on your attributes at creation. However, depending on the stat you can only invest so much at character creation. These are the limits on the point system when allocating them. For those leveling up, see the 'Character Growth' section.

Vitals : Base 20 + a maximum of 15 points on Creation.

Stamina: (20 + Points)
Stamina
Base: 20
Creation Spending Limit: +15
Normal Maximum: 65

Stamina starts at 20 and up to 15 points can be spent into it on Character Creation. This is the pool of your fighter's overall endurance and remaining energy. It determines how long you can keep fighting and how much action you can take before tiring out. Getting hit and taking actions both reduce Stamina. When Stamina is depleted down to 1 or 0, that character can no longer act and is considered defeated. Needless to say, all fighters benefit from having a high Stamina.

Heat: (20 + Points)
Heat
Base: 20
Creation Spending Limit: +15
Normal Maximum: 65

Heat starts at 20. 15 points can be invested in Heat on creation. This is a combination of your character's morale and threshold for arousal. When reduced to 0 once, it is considered a 'Morale Failure' (clothes can be ripped away and the fighter suffers penalties to fight back). It refills at this point and if depleted to 0 again, this is an 'Orgasm'. If filled again and bottomed out a final 3rd time, it is an automatic defeat (a second orgasm). Heat can also be spent to restore Stamina by taking a 'Rest' action.

Defense & Awareness: Base 10 + up to 5 points spent on Creation.

Defense: (Base 10 + Points)
Defense
Base: 10
Creation Spending Limit: +5
Normal Maximum: 20

Base Defense is always 10. Up to 5 points can be spent to increase Defense at character creation. This is your fixed ground defense the character receives against strikes and grabs. When a situation leaves a fighter vulnerable, their defense is reduced to 10.

Alertness: (Base 10 + Points)
Alertness:
Base: 10
Creation Spending Limit: +5
Normal Maximum: 20

Base Alertness is always 10. Up to 5 points can be spent to increase Alertness at character creation. This statistic is the fixed defense the character receives against all aerial attacks. When a situation leaves a fighter vulnerable, their alertness is reduced to 10. The Initiative Phase is also now influenced by this stat and added to a d20 roll to determine Initiative.

Core Offense: Up to 5 points can be spent on any in Creation.

Accuracy: This is your bonus "to-hit" with strikes and added to a 1d20 roll. When rolling over an opponents Defense stat, this is considered a "hit".
Striking: This is strike damage upon successfully hitting the opponent with such attacks.
Grab/Throw: This is your bonus "to-hit" on Grabs (d20 roll) and your base damage used on Throws. Damage from a "Power Throw" is also influenced by this stat.
Submission: This is your damage when applying a submission hold. This is also added to Hold Strength checks. Note that a successful grab must be made in order to apply a Submission Hold.
Aerial Moves: This is your roll to determine success (to hit) when using an Aerial Move (diving moves, springboard attacks, etc). Damage is determined by the nature of the attack when executing this move (Strike, Grab/Throw, etc).
Sex: This is how much Heat is affected during R/H moves in the middle of the match. Note that in most cases, a successful Grab is required to do an R/H move.

Special Abilities: All DWD competitors start with one (1) Special Ability to choose from at 1st level. These were previously called 'Traits'. Special Abilities are unique additions and options to add to your character that provide a variety of bonuses when fighting a match.

Flavor & Background

Bio & Physical Details: Optional biographies and other notable information/features (physical, personal, etc.), it all goes here.
Pictures: Optional pictures, though highly encouraged. It is preferred to include this in a spoiler tag. These can also be put at the top below the name and placed in a spoiler tag.

Character Growth ("Leveling Up")
CHARACTER GROWTH

Leveling up your Character!
When a character gains a level, they receive the following:

-- Stamina & Climax are both increased by 2.
-- 5 total points on Level Up to spend on their statistics. They cannot spend more than 2 on each stat per level. The exception to this is Stamina or Climax. All 5 points can be spent on Stamina or Climax. Without Traits, statistics cannot exceed their natural maximum (see below).
-- Note that Stamina & Climax have a soft cap of 65.
-- Note that every other stat (besides Stamina & Climax) have a soft cap of 10.
-- If they advanced to 3rd, 5th, 7th or 9th Level, they receive an additional Trait (see Traits below).

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 05:16:39 AM by Dallas »

• Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
DWD System Rules
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 06:18:17 PM »
DWD SYSTEM RULES

Note: As of 12/5/2015, this system is going to be updated to reflect the new overhaul (including Grabs, Throws, Aerial Moves) and more consistency with descriptions.

-Dallas

PRE-MATCH

Match Stipulations
Before every fight begins, both participants must agree to the stipulations (via PMs or on the board). They must both agree to (currently) one of three Match stipulations (or a test round):

Sparring (Training): Sometimes fighters need to keep their skills sharp before getting into the ring for real. This is what practice is all about. R/H Finishes are not allowed and Charity Bonuses do not apply. Light R/H moves are still allowed during the match (groping, rubbing, etc). Training or sparring rounds receive a smaller base XP reward and they do not count toward a fighter's career record. However these are events that take place for both characters (so roleplay it, in other words). No additional bonuses can be applied to training matches unless a trait specifically allows it. A player character only has time for one (1) training/sparring round in their schedule before having to fight in a career match.

Win or Lose (Career): These are sometimes meant to stuff the Match Card in the business. No Rape/Humiliation Finishes are allowed. "Light" R/H Moves (groping, rubbing, etc) are still allowed, though. Because of this stipulation, Class Acts cannot receive Bonus XP for Charity and Ruthless fighters cannot receive their bonus because R/H is restricted. The difference between this and training/sparring is that it is still a Career Match, so full base XP rewards are given. The only XP penalty that applies is if one flees the Match and exits the ring or disqualifies themselves through another way.

No Limits (Career): What fans pay to see and the example of a "true" DWD fight night. R/H Finishes are fair game and Charity Bonuses apply. Base XP rewards are granted along with any modifiers that apply with the match result and aftermath. The only rule that applies is that there is no biting that draws blood (in any situation).

Test Round (Special): This is a special OOC option for players that want to get a grasp or feel for the system. If two players wish to test out their characters without worrying too much about roleplay or just so they don't feel overwhelmed, they can have test rounds (in PMs too, if they want). These work exactly the same way as Training/Sparring, except no XP is gained at all. Since it is largely OOC, this is optionally treated as an event that "didn't happen" in DWD. If doing a special Round, play with someone that knows the system well and include me in looking over the match as it unfolds. This is so that I can correct any mistakes or answer any questions based on what is happening.

Introductions & The Initiative Phase

Introductions (Freeform)

This can be optionally done by both players in a variety of ways. They can introduce themselves during a flashy entrance and announcement, they can include an early interview before they even walk out to the ring... this is optional but greatly encouraged. Aside from the other optional free-form "areas" I plan on making in the game later, these is one of the few big ones at the moment.

The Initiative Phase

This is considered the match beginning. After introductions are over with, the match always begins with both fighter's rolling initiative. The highest roll determines who acts first in the fight. This is also a guaranteed success on a first strike or grab attempt. In the event of a natural 20, the "auto-success" becomes an "auto-critical" (more on criticals below). Needless to say, there is a reason for any fighter to win the Initiative Phase.

Once this is finished, the standard fight actions can be resumed until one fighter is defeated (or if the match ends in a draw). Continue below to read more on how the rest of the match is played in these actions:

FIGHT ACTIONS & MECHANICS

Normal ("Static") Defense

Normal Defense (or Static Defense) is what all attacks must roll against. It is always the base value of 10 with that character's Defense Bonus added to it. So if Rioka has 4 in Defense (this is her Bonus) on her Character Sheet, her Normal Defense total would be 14. In order to successfully land a strike or a grab, her opponent Jacob would have to roll at least a 14 or higher on his turn.

There are some situations (called Vulnerability) where your character can lose their Defense Bonus for a turn. At that point, the Normal/Static Defense is dropped to 10 and returns to its normal value on your character's next turn. But more on that later... what you need to know from this section is this:

Normal/Static Defense = 10 + Your Defense Bonus. This is what attackers roll against.

Strikes (Basic Attacks)

Strikes cost 1 stamina to attempt, writers can choose whether this is a single strike or multiple light hits (i.e, chops, for example) in writing, but as far as mechanics go? A strike treated as a single attack. When trying to hit with a strike, the player rolls 1d20 and adds their Accuracy statistic to the total. This is the result and must at least match (equal) or best their opponents (Normal) Defense statistic. If the strike hits, the damage inflicted is based on their Strike statistic. So if it is a 4, they would inflict 4 damage to their opponents stamina. The attacker will lose 1 stamina for attempting a strike whether it hits or not:

On Jacob's turn, he tries to strike Rioka.

[Strike: Jacob rolls 1d20+5 roll (vs 14 defense), he rolls 10 and gets +5. So he gets 15; a hit. His striking score is 5. So he inflicts 5 stamina damage to Rioka. He loses 1 stamina for the strike attempt.]

Grabs/Grapples

In terms of attempting grabs, they work almost the same as strikes (see above). The only difference is that Grabs or Grapples do no damage at first (if they are successful). The attacker rolls a 1d20 + Accuracy against the opponents Defense score. If it is successful, the grab becomes a hold. On success, the fighter rolls 1d20 again (adding his/her Grab/Submission score) to determine Hold Strength. For instance, if the attacker rolls a total of 16, the Hold Strength becomes 16. The opponent being held must roll against this number to escape the hold (see "Escaping Holds", below).

On Jacob's turn, he tries to grab Rioka. Grabs cost 1 stamina to attempt.

[Grab: 1d20+5 vs. her 14 defense, he rolls 9 with +5 and gets 14, a hit (because it matches her Defense). Grabs do no damage at first, it becomes a hold.
[Hold Strength roll: 1d20+5 = 16]
Hold Strength: 16

He loses 1 stamina for the grab attempt. His grab strength is set to 16, in order for Rioka to escape, she must attempt to escape and roll a 16 or higher on her turn.]

Escaping Holds

If a player character is held, they cannot attack or move. They can only attempt to break a hold or submit to their opponent applying the hold. Struggling to escape costs 2 stamina. They must roll 1d20 + their Defense Bonus against their opposing Hold Strength. Meaning they don't apply their total static defense to the roll, only their bonus on their character sheet. If the roll matches the Hold Strength or bests it, then that character successfully escapes on that turn and gets a free strike at the opponent at no stamina cost. They can also act on that turn as well after this. If one fails to best the hold strength, they remain held that turn and Hold Strength is decreased by 1:

Rioka attempts to escape the hold on her turn. Escapes cost 2 stamina to attempt. Since Jabob's Hold Strength is 16, she must roll 16 or higher to escape. If she escapes, she gets a free strike attempt at Jacob on her turn. Otherwise, she takes damage from the hold as long as it is maintained.

[Escape: 1d20+4 vs his grab strength of 15, she rolls 10 to get 14 total, which fails. She loses 2 stamina and she is still considered held. Held characters cannot attack or move. They can only attempt an escape or submit.]

Hold Strength & Damage

After a successful grab, the opponent is considered held. On the following round, the one performing the hold can choose to apply pressure to the hold at a cost of 1 stamina. After the opponent fails an Escape attempt, the Hold Strength decreases (by 1) and the one in control of the hold can spend 1 stamina to inflict submission damage. This damage is derived from their Grab/Submission stat. This cannot be resisted, the only thing the held character can do is attempt an escape on their turn (or choose to give up):

Rioka fails to escape the hold on her turn, Jacob can either choose to apply pressure (maintain the wear-down hold on her) at a cost of 1 stamina, attempt a throw at a cost of 2 stamina, or let her go at no cost. Rioka cannot attack on her turn until she escapes the hold.

[Hold/Pressure] Jacob loses 1 of his own stamina to apply pressure to the hold. His Grab/Submission skill is a 3, so he automatically inflicts 3 stamina damage to Rioka, as held characters lose their defense entirely to those applying the hold.

Throws & Damage

Throws can be literal or the equivalent to a wrestling move (be them authentic or "non-stunted" professional style). They are risky but can pay off if timed well. They are useful in inflicting more damage when it appears that hold strength is getting low (as it becomes easier for an opponent to escape). These can have a powerful affect on a match if they pay off. They can only be performed on held characters, so a grab attempt must be successful first. On a throw attempt, the holding character spends 2 stamina and "throws" the opponent, ending their turn. On the opponent's turn, they must roll against the Hold Strength to avoid some of the damage. If successful, they only take half of this damage rounded down. They can then act on their turn normally. If they fail to match or best Hold Strength, they take full damage from the throw and they are considered Dazed. Dazed opponents can still act, but they lose their Accuracy bonus for one turn.

Rioka fails again to escape Jacob's hold on her turn. Jacob decides to perform a throw on her at a cost of 2 stamina. On Rioka's next turn, she must roll against Jacob's remaining hold strength of 15 (from before) to escape the throw and avoid some of the damage.

[Throw] Jacob loses 2 stamina and ends his turn.
[Throw Resist] Rioka rolls a 1d20+4, resulting in a total of 13 -- failing again. Jacob's Throw Power is at a 7, so she takes 7 stamina damage and loses her Accuracy bonus. If she would have succeeded, she would have only taken half of the damage rounded down (3) and would not suffer any additional effects.

Critical Effects

In the event of a natural 20 on a 1d20 roll, it is counted as a critical and automatic success (regardless of the math saying differently). Critical successes also ignore normal stamina costs where they would normally apply. For example a critical grab attempt would cost no stamina and a critical success in escaping a hold would cost no stamina, etc.

A critical strike occurs on a natural 20 during a strike attempt. The attacker can choose between 2 effects to occur:

1. Stun: Rioka's strike automatically hits Jacob and stuns him for one turn. Characters cannot attack while stunned.

2. Keen (or Double Damage): Rioka's strike automatically hits Jacob, inflicting double damage.

A critical grab occurs on a natural 20 during a grab attempt. A second roll must be made to determine hold strength. If this is also a natural 20, the attacker can choose to dominate the opponent (see new post on Domination). The attacker bypasses the opponents defense with a choice of 3 effects:

1. Damage: Jacob's grab inflicts hold damage instantly on that turn, as one normally would when applying hold on the next turn.

2. Lock-In: Jacob's grab behaves normally, inflicting no damage that round. However, Rioka does not receive a chance to escape for the first turn during the hold. She must wait until her next turn.

3. Powerful Throw: Jacob's grab behaves normally, however if Jacob decides to attempt a throw during this hold, it is an automatic success. Rioka gets no roll on her turn to minimize the effect. If Rioka escapes, this effect is lost.

Fumbles (or Critical Failures) & Vulnerability

A 1 on a d20 is considered an critical failure and it automatically fails. Fumbles cause characters to be vulnerable on that turn, losing their defense bonus..

> For example, a fumbled strike leaves Rioka vulnerable, losing her +4 defense bonus to her static score of 10 for Jacob's next turn. And a fumbled grab would leave Jacob vulnerable to Rioka, losing his defense bonus to the static score of 10 on Rioka's turn. As always, defense goes back to normal afterward.

>Fumbled escape attempts add 1 stamina to the original cost. After fumbling this, Rioka would lose 3 stamina instead of 2. Hold Strength is not decreased (for 1 turn) after a fumbled escape attempt.

Climax, R/H Moves & Recovery

Climax is a fighter's heat pool of both their morale & arousal. Climax can be used to replenish stamina. This takes a turn. Up to 10 Climax can be reduced to replenish 10 Stamina. A fighter can only reduce their own Climax down to a minimum of 1. For those that wish to attack Climax, a decent Sex stat is needed and (in most cases) a successful grab is required.

During a Hold, the attacker can apply hold damage (as described above) or choose to reduce their opponent's Climax. This works identical to Hold Damage, except Climax is affected by the Sex stat (instead of Stamina being affected by Grab/Submission). This act is called an R/H Move. R/H Moves can be repeated as long as the hold is applied and the victim does not escape. When attempting to win by reducing Climax, you must completely reduce your opponents Climax three (3) times. Each time Climax is bottomed out, the opponent's Climax resets and they suffer a status that applies for the rest of the match. In return, your stamina is recovered by 20. The following statuses are applied in succession:

At 1st Climax Drop, the victim opponent suffers Morale Failure. They can only make d10 rolls (instead of normal d20) and they can no longer replenish their Stamina at this point. They still retain their normal bonuses when available. They cannot critical at all, although they cannot fumble.

At 2nd Climax Drop, your victim opponent Orgasms. As the 1st Climax Drop but in addition they lose all of their normal bonuses, including defense (as one does when Vulnerable). A 1 on a d10 is treated as a fumble.

At 3rd Climax Drop, your opponent can no longer attempt an escape or take action. This is considered an instant Defeat (and counts as an 'R/H Finish' for the winner)

END OF THE ROUND

Draws, Charity & R/H Finishes

Draw (Draw Contests)

If a fighter's stamina is reduced to 1 or 0, they are considered defeated. However if both fighters end with 1 or 0 stamina, the match ends in a draw. In terms of determining experience rewards, Draws are considered losses at 50 XP (or 30 XP in training matches) with neither fighter gaining other normal rewards (other than what Traits may provide).

Victory: Charity & R/H Finishes

When defeating an opponent, the dice stop rolling. If the stipulation is open the winning player gets to choose between Charity & an R/H Finish. During Charity, a character leaves the defeated opponent to collect their winnings, interview backstage if they want or go home. If the character decides to Rape or Humiliate their opponent after winning, the players continue to write this in freeform. This is a typical R/H finish. This 'R/H Finish' phase can also occur (during a match) in two other cases:

1. The victim opponent suffers a 3rd complete Climax drop.
2. The winner opponent succeeds in Domination.

Tweaks as of Test Fight #1
-Based on the test with my new partner, Stamina and Climax is being shortened to a base of 20 at level 1. This was due to our strikefest taking a while to complete. ;-) Due to this, Stamina costs have been reduced (pretty much) across the board.
-The rules in general have been revised and updated (see reply #96 above).
-Critical Strikes have been tweaked for balancing, particularly with Stunning strikes. Stunned opponents no longer lose their defense bonus on the next turn. Losing a turn is enough.
-Fumbles no longer increase stamina costs for now.
-Domination is almost fininished as a mechanic concept (in the event of back-to-back criticals with grabs and hold strength):

Domination
Domination Phase:

If a character gets a natural 20 on a d20 roll to grab, the grab automatically succeeds. As usual, they must roll again on that turn to determine Hold Strength. If this also turns out to be a natural 20 (max Hold Strength) this triggers the Domination Phase. They can choose to dominate (and how they do so) for a fast win. Depending on the character's Aspect, it is more likely for one to do one outcome or the other. They must declare whether they want a straight submission victory or if they'd more rather go directly to an R/H Phase:

Submission: The held character must choose to continue to escape or submit. If the held character's concedes defeat or fails to roll against the hold strength in a "do-or-die" fashion, they receive double the normal hold damage. This is most likely something that an honorable Class Act would do or a Career-Driven character that has some mercy to them. A Ruthless/Perverted character is less likely, but might also do this if they feel like there opponents struggle was "less than exciting".

Instant R/H Phase: As with Submission, above... the helpless character can choose to go straight to an R/H Finish (submit), or continue to lose Climax at twice the normal rate. Obviously, a Ruthless or Perverted character is most likely to do this, although a Career Driven character might also do this if they felt it would be good for ratings or if it was simply "in the heat of the moment". Class Acts are the least likely to go this route, but it can still happen.

Tweaks as of Test Fights #2 & #3

Hold Strength Degrading/Decay

TC's Comments
From my experience, Grabs & Holds seem to work fairly well and feel surprisingly more fun and interesting than expected. However they seem a tiny bit overpowered in one way. If one achieves a near-maxed Hold Strength (which happened at least twice in our 2nd test fight), the held character literally has to roll against the same high-ass static number on every turn. While I like this possibility on a critical grab (see below), this is a bit too powerful for normal grabs and critical holds wouldn't be that much more rewarding by comparison. While my partner at the time seemed to like the second test better, we both felt that the one being held needed a bit more of a fighting chance. So, as a result...

Hold Strength is adjusted for a bit of realism and balance. Instead of Hold Strength staying at a fixed amount, it gradually degrades (or "decays") each turn. This gives the held character a bit of an easier chance at escaping each time. Meaning that in normal cases: If my hold strength is at 16 at the first escape attempt; it becomes a 15 on the following turn, etc. This keeps holds powerful and something to be feared while giving the poor held person more of a fighting chance. I think it may also give grappler players that extra "need" to roll high on their grab attempts. After all, the better the hold - the better the chances they have at wearing down their opponent for longer. ;)

Critical Grabs

-The Locked-In Grab is being adjusted. Instead of behaving how it is written, we are thinking on it behaving as an automatic success that removes the held character's first die roll to escape (treating it as rolling a standard failed attempt). On their following turn, they get their first real chance to escape with a die roll. Here's where I'm conflicted though. I imagine implementing one of the two other additions to give it a bit more reward:

1. Alternatively, the held character's "denied escape roll" is treated as an automatic fumble instead. They still get no roll, but it is treated as if they had rolled a 1. This would instead increase the Hold Strength by 1 rather than degrading it on the next turn (as it is now written). So instead of normally chipping it from 16 to 15 on the next turn... it instead becomes 17 on the next turn and decays normally after that (provided that no more fumbles/critical failures are rolled by the one being held). I won't lie. I think this adds a little bit more "Uoomph!" to this, but I'm going to get other opinions before making this official for now.

2. Another way of adding some weight to this critical is that it's Hold Strength would not degrade at all. By default, I was personally having fun with it staying static and our match was still particularly exciting (my partner still managed to eventually escape a few holds, although we were both rolling like demons in that test). So I do also like this idea, but only applying to Locked-In Holds. For better or worse, it could add some "Oh crap" factor for the held character if this happened. It is only more bearable to consider this due to the fact that criticals are significantly less likely to happen than normal successful grabs with high Hold Strength... which those would still degrade normally.

Considering making the Strike style more dynamic and entertaining

As it is, Strikes are straightforward. They work and they are not difficult. Roll, Attack, Damage, Done. But that's part of the problem. With two strikers going at it, it is somewhat stale and needs a bit of flavor without getting overly complicated by current fight conditions and contingencies. Athough this isn't an actual adjustment, these are just what I've been thinking ever since our first test match. Possible solutions to this in the future one or some of the following:

1. Suggested by the partner I've done the first two fights with so far: Possibly intergrate a simple chain-strike (or combo) system. Enough to give strikes a bit more options and variation (as grabs, holds and throws seem to) but not too much to overwhelm/distract players with keeping up with too much.

2. Implement a big payoff attack (as holds and throws do). Spend a little more stamina to unleash a heavier attack, or a flurry of blows like combo.

3. Create a relatively basic "class system". One that is fairly dynamic without going completely overboard. In a way this would bring the old "Styles" idea back but in a more unique and diverse way than what it was ("+1 to this stat, +1 to that stat"). Instead, different styles would change the way strikes, holds, throws and/or even how defense behaved in (ideally) a simple but fun way. For instance (just brainstorming and throwing ideas around here); a fighter specializing in Kung Fu could have immunity to fumbling on strike attempts, their critical strikes could be fixed to automatically stun and/or if an opponent rolled their exact defense... they would "Parry" instead of be hit normally. Whereas a Boxer could theoretically have "keen/powerful" critical blows, and/or have a "Counter Punch" ability that triggered when their opponents fumble a grab or a strike. These would basically be fixed aspects, but people would be likely limited to certain fighting styles at selection until more were later imagined and implemented for balance (and in a way that would in someway make sense for the style). While I like this as an idea, it is still just an idea at the moment. But this could make matches a bit more dynamic without getting too advanced both on the creative and playing side. It would just take some imagination. At the moment though, strikes are what need this the most.

The "In-Match" NC System:

I'm thinking of adding a new "perversion" related statistic for the purpose of R/H attacks during the match, which is what Climax was originally for. Erotic moves/attacks would add points to get closer to their opponent's Climax Threshold. Still working on the details on that system and which options we like best, but the general goal is for one fighter to have the option of going for "Climax Wins" instead of just having the option of working the opponents stamina. If one "orgasms" during the fight, they are weakened in some way for the rest of the fight. If they orgasm a second time, they are further weakened (and probably screwed at that point). If this happens a third time, it is treated as an automatic win for the attacker. At this point, they can immediate perform an R/H Finish on their opponent. I might have more to write on this in my next update once we decide on the how. :-)

I am truly appreciative of my new friends here that have been helping me test. While this was a dream about a year ago, I almost can't believe that this is becoming more of a reality! ;D

Speaking of, while I think the testing team is covered, I think we can handle up to two (2) more. I think we have plenty of diversity now. There are spots still available for this playtesting phase, however.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 05:45:05 AM by Dallas »

• Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Special Abilities (or 'Traits')
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 06:18:41 PM »
SPECIAL ABILITIES

Note: Due to their nature, the same Special Ability cannot be taken multiple times. Special Abilities may likely be changed and tweaked as the game is played. If players add one to their character and it is later changed, this applies to all characters with it. If a Special Ability happens to be completely removed, players can select another on the list to replace the one lost. There may be rare cases where one Special Ability is split into two, if this happens I might allow players to retrain them (within reason).

ASPECT-BASED

Fan Favorite (Class-Act)
Fan Favorite

Requires: Class-Act

No matter what, this character is loved and respected by some very loyal fans. This can sometimes be enough to help maintain her resolve. This loyalty works in her favor in a way if she suffers a cruel and humiliating fate after a match. In all of the drama that ensues, the sadistic foes are somewhat distracted by the ire of her fans than reflecting on their bouts against her.

Effect: Ruthless characters that defeat a 'Fan-Favorite' do not gain bonus experience for an 'R/H Finish' victory (as they normally would). Career-Driven characters receive an XP penalty for R/H Finishes as if they were a Class-Act doing it.

Paragon (Class-Act)
Paragon

Requires: Class-Act

This fighter is more intently opposed to what he feels is wrong or evil. In fact, nothing brings out the best in him more than fighting villainous opponents.

Effect: A 'Paragon' gains a +5 Stamina, +5 Climax and +1 to all rolls and statistics when facing a Ruthless opponent. This lasts for the entire match. If facing any other opponent, they receive no additional bonuses unless that opponent successfully uses an R/H move (this includes the 'Lewd Touch' effect) during the match. They then receive these bonuses (for the entire match) as if the opponent were Ruthless.

Icon of Evil (Ruthless)
Icon of Evil

Requires: Ruthless

Fans especially enjoy this ruthless character, and it leaves the more idealistic "do-gooders" in disappointment after they fight him... even if they somehow toppled him. Perhaps it may pertain to the fact that they are unwilling to let themselves be free... Free from their delusions.

Effect: Class-Acts do not gain bonus experience from acts of Charity (as they normally would).

You Are Not Worthy (Ruthless)
You Are Not Worthy

Requires: Ruthless

Some think she is sour, self-absorbed or vain, but she doesn't care. Some opponents are simply too weak for her time, as she doesn't even bother unleashing her full wrath upon them. Sometimes a shake of the head with a laugh is all that needs doing to make her point.

Effect: Ruthless characters with 'You Are Not Worthy' do not suffer an XP penalty for passing up on an R/H Finish after a match. If they are stronger in a DVG scenario, they gain bonus XP for doing this (as if they had performed an R/H finish) and do not suffer penalties for being stronger (unless they perform an R/H finish). R/H Moves during a match are allowed without consequence unless it ends in a R/H Finish.

Grandstanding (Career-Driven)
Grandstanding

Requires: Career-Driven

He loves to show off! Whether it is to entertain a crowd with dancing, annoy his opponent with trash talk and/or amuse himself with crazy miming antics... he just has to do it.

Effect: 'Grandstanding' characters have a choice to act out in some big way in during a match (sultry dancing, taunting, etc.). This takes a turn, but requires no stamina. Each time they do this, they temporarily add +1 to either Accuracy, Defense or Sex for the match. This can be used 3 times and can only affect one stat per match. Once the first stat boost is decided, the remaining 2 uses are invested into this stat. This also cannot exceed that stat's maximum. This action takes a turn, giving their opponent a chance to attack. Grandstanding also gives +5 XP per use (maximum +15 XP) after the match is over.

Entertaining (Career-Driven)
Entertaining

Requires: Career-Driven

It doesn't seem like it matters what happens for her. Whether she is loved, hated, beautiful, crazy, skilled or even awful... this career-driven fighter is simply good at drawing a crowd! Win or Lose, the fans seem to come back for more when she's next in line on the match card.

Effect: 'Entertaining' competitors always receive a minor experience bonus of +5 at the end of a career match (regardless of the outcome). They also receive a bonus +1 to Popularity at the end of a career match. None of this applies to training matches.

Lewd Touch (Not Class Act)
Lewd Touch

Requires: Career Driven or Ruthless

This character knows just how to tease and please, whether her touch is welcomed or not. Regardless, it's just in good fun... ... sometimes?

Effect: Strikes can optionally become a "Lewd Touch" with this ability. A Lewd Touch affects Heat (instead of Stamina). This effect is based on the character's Sex stat (instead of Striking). Successful grabs can also count as a Lewd Touch. On a grab, critical rolls do not have any additional effect.

Ratings Anomaly (Not Career-Driven)
Ratings Anomaly

Requires: Class Act or Ruthless

Sometimes an R/H Finish is great for ratings, but in the case of this one... not so much. Whether it is because the fans admire her or expect her opponent to behave differently, no one really seems to be sure. But regardless, the numbers don't seem to lie. Career-Driven competitors are more inclined to just take their money and go..

Effect: Normally Career-Driven characters are not rewarded or punished for their actions unless it is a special case. Those with 'Ratings Anomaly' give them a rare moment to think about their actions. If a Career-Driven star performs an R/H finish against them, they receive a penalty of -20 XP and -2 Popularity.

Good Sport (Not Ruthless)
Good Sport

Requires: Class Act or Career-Driven

Some male fighters don't hit girls, and some female fighters avoid the cheap "kick to groin" methods against male opponents. Generally, there are still a few fighters that have a very chivalrous or good nature. Even in DWD.

Effect: When facing an opponent of the opposite sex, you can choose to swap your own Strike and Grab/Throw scores during initiative if you wish. This is a choice but it lasts for the entire course of the fight and cannot be changed. If both fighters in the match are 'Good Sports' they receive +10 XP at the end of a match (even if they do not choose to swap these attributes). This also applies to Training Matches.

CONDITIONAL ABILITIES

Quick-Learner
Quick-Learner

This fighter is extra committed to his craft, taking any opportunity and focusing on every moment to learn. His introspection helps him learn more from his success and failures than some normally could at a given moment.

Effect: This character receives +10 experience in all matches (including training or sparring sessions) regardless of the result.

Quote from: Twisted Crow
This can add up significant experience over time and it can also add a bit of a "warm fuzzy" at the end of every fight.  Quick-Learners can gain levels quicker than other characters (especially when combined with similar traits that add or affect experience gained by yourself or other characters). However it has a bit of diminishing return once those levels are gained. You exchange a bit of dynamic potential for the boon of raising to the top more quickly than others.

Escape Artist
Escape Artist

It is difficult for grapplers to get a firm, dominant hold on this competitor. Even the most skilled and powerful submission specialists admit that she has a knack for slipping out of their grasp -- and in some cases in DWD, rather "sticky" situations.

Effect: If this character is successfully grabbed and put into a submission hold, their opponent's Hold Strength roll is automatically reduced by 2 (to a minimum of 2). Escape-Artists can never fumble (or critically fail) an escape attempt and all attempts to do escape cost only 1 stamina.

This can be a sound defensive choice against submission specialists. It could be 2 turns less where the dominant opponent could dish out easy damage (or arousal). It also helps hold out a little bit longer, as one doesn't have to exert themselves as much or worry about fumbling an escape attempt. It could also cause the opponent to re-think before attempting a grab. However, the weakness here is obvious, this alone would not phase most strike-oriented builds. In addition, critical grabs and high Hold Strengths can still potentially be a problem for an Escape Artist.

Quick Combo
Quick Combo

This fighter just really knows how to chain attacks together.

Effect: Those with 'Quick Combo', can now strike twice (2 times) in a turn at the cost of 1 stamina. Normally, a fighter would have to spend 2 points of stamina to strike twice on their turn.

Strike Mastery
Strike Mastery

Whatever martial art or fighting style it may be, this fighter is a bit more adept at utilizing this offense more than others. They can find key weaknesses in their opponent and exploit them faster

Effect: For those with Strike Mastery, strikes now critical on a 19 and 20 (instead of just 20). This does not apply to initiative or grabs at all (for obvious reasons).

Brutal Grappler
Brutal Grappler

This fighter is a natural and sometimes even a powerful grappler, able to sometimes put grabs to devastating effect.

Effect: For the Brutal Grappler, grabs now critical on a 19 and 20 (instead of just 20). This does not apply to initiative or strikes.

Attack of Opportunity
Attack of Opportunity

When fighting her, people find themselves extra careful. She is known for making her opponents pay the price for over-extending themselves. Anytime they leave themselves open, her attacks are quick to reply.

Effect: After an opponent fumbles a strike or a grab attempt, characters with 'Attack of Opportunity' can start their turn with a free strike attempt at no stamina cost. This is rolled normally and can still be a critical hit. Any additional actions can be done normally (including an additional strike or a grab attempt at normal stamina cost).

Throw Specialist
Throw Specialist

A Throw Specialist always finds a way to toss others around with greater impact. From Wrestlers, to former bouncers to judo experts... people know not to let this one put their hands on them.

Effect: Throws now cost 1 stamina to perform instead of 2. They also add +5 bonus damage. You can put this bonus in parentheses next to your raw throw statistic (+5) as a reminder.

ABILITIES THAT AFFECT INITIATIVE

First Attack!
First Attack!

When this fighter is quick to act, they make sure it counts. Sometimes they can take control of the match the moment the bell rings.

Effect: This character can critical on Initiative with a natural 19, instead of 20. Of course, this does not take effect if they still lose initiative on this roll. Additionally, this gives them an Initiative bonus of +1 (which can exceed the normal cap on Initiative).

Alert & Focused
Alert & Focused

Opponents just can't seem to get the easy advantage against her when the bell rings. Whether she's slow or quick to act, she's definitely attentive. It seems like she simply can't be caught by surprise when a match starts.

Effect: This trait affects the character during the initiative phase. If they lose initiative, they are immune to all automatic effects on that turn. This includes strikes, grabs and criticals that would be made from the opponent on that turn. The effect applies on this turn only. Opponents that win initiative must make a second roll to strike or grab (as a normal attempt). The attack roll behaves normally (even if a natural 20 is rolled).

This is a great choice for potentially taking the power out of opponents that rely on hitting first. This can also be especially effective in temporarily shutting down powerful grapplers that like to try to control early. It also forces opponents to "earn" their results in the beginning by crippling usual guarantees with initiative. Of course, the key weakness is that it is a trait that completely rides on that. It does not necessarily nullify your opponent's offense on that turn. It simply hinders it in a significant way (temporarily). After Initiative, this has no further use. If both competitors have this trait, it literally works both ways.

STAT-INCREASING ABILITIES

Boosted Stamina (+10)
Boosted Stamina

This competitor is built and trained to last. After all, fighting is frequently a game of endurance.

Effect: Characters that take 'Boosted Stamina' immediately gain +10 to their base Stamina. This changes their Maximum to 70 (rather than the normal 60) if they wish to put points into it as they level.

Increased Climax (+10)
Increased Climax

When a perverted jerk takes a hold on her, they have their work cut out for them. She is harder to push to Morale Failure and Orgasm. She either possesses great willpower or she could just be harder to "please" in that area.

Effect: Characters that take 'Increased Climax' immediately gain +10 to their base Climax. This changes their Maximum to 70 (rather than the normal 60) if they wish to put points into it as they level.

Precision (+1 Accuracy)
Precision

This fighter has focused on a more successful and solid offense in her training regimen. Accuracy is important for any fighter, regardless of the plan of attack.

Effect: Characters taking Precision receive +1 to their Accuracy. As a result, this also increases their maximum by 1. Accuracy is normally maxed at 10, it becomes 11 when taking this trait.

Evasion (+1 Defense)
Evasion

This fighter has focused on improving his overall defensive techniques, avoiding strikes or grabs made against him. Opponents know that he is usually more tricky to crack down.

Effect: Characters taking Evasion receive +1 to their Defense. As a result, this also increases their maximum by 1. Defense is normally maxed at 10, it becomes 11 when taking this trait.

Heavy-Hitter (+1 Striking)
Heavy-Hitter (+1 Striking)

This fighter has focused on building his striking power. Be it a punch, kick, knee, chop or whatever it may be; whenever he lands a blow... he makes it count.

Effect: Characters taking Heavy-Hitter receives +1 to their Striking. As a result, this also increases their maximum by 1. Striking is normally maxed at 10, it becomes 11 when taking this trait.

Iron Grip(+1 Grab/Submission)
Iron Grip(+1 Grab/Submission)

This fighter has focused on building her hold strength and power. She is better with applying holds and can sometimes keep them locked in for a bit longer.

Effect: Characters taking 'Iron Grip' receive +1 to their Grab/Submission. As a result, this also increases their maximum by 1. Grab/Submission is normally maxed at 10, it becomes 11 when taking this trait.

Milk & Honey (+1 Sex)
Milk & Honey (+1 Sex)

This fighter has spent her free time working on new tricks in the bedroom, either with others involved with the show or not. Whether she surprises her next opponent with them on stage or not is something for many to find out.

Effect: Characters taking 'Milk & Honey' receive +1 to their Sex stat. As a result, this also increases their maximum by 1. Sex is normally maxed at 10, it becomes 11 when taking this trait.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 06:54:38 AM by Dallas »

• Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Re: Date with Destiny (Revived, Revised and Reimagined)
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 06:24:50 PM »
TOOLS, CHARTS & QUICK REFERENCES

Level & Experience Point (XP) Table
Level|XP (Total)|Special Abilities
1|0|1st
2|50|----
3|150|2nd
4|300|----
5|500|3rd
6|750|----
7|1,050|4th
8|1,400|----
9|1800|5th
10|2,250|----

Experience Rewards & Penalties
Match Result|Base Awarded Experience
Win the Match|75 XP
Lose the Match|50 XP
Win a Training Match*|40 XP
Lose a Training Match*|30 XP
Achievements/Events*|Bonus/Penalized XP
R/H Victim|+15 XP
Class Act Charity|+30 XP
Ruthless Finish|+20 XP
Flee/Forfeit the Match|-20 XP
Dishonorable Act (Class-Act)|-25 XP
No R/H Finish (Ruthless)|-15 XP
*Additional rewards/penalties (anything under 'Achievements/Events') do not apply to Training Matches. R/H Finishes are not rewarded. The Class Act does not receive their usual Charity Bonus, either. The only XP Bonus that can be gained in a Training Match is if a fighter has a Special Ability associated with it.

David Versus Goliath (Handicap Chart)

David Versus Goliath XP Bonus/Penalties

Stronger Level vs Weaker Level|XP Bonus/Penalty (Weaker/Stronger)
+2|+/- 10 XP
+3|+/- 20 XP
+4|+/- 30 XP
+5|+/- 40 XP
+6|+/- 50 XP
+7|+/- 60 XP
+8|+/- 70 XP
+9|+/- 80 XP

Basically the chart is measuring the Stronger fighter's level versus the weaker fighter's level. If the stronger opponent is 2 levels higher than their opponent, then David Versus Goliath (or 'DVG') calculations take into effect. The Stronger fighter is considered "Goliath", and the weaker fighter is considered "David". So if a level 1 character faces a level 3 opponent (or higher), this calculation would take effect. If the gap between the opponents is at least 2 levels or more, this is calculated last; after all other awards (see above chart) are figured.

David receives an XP Bonus in relation to how many levels lower they are compared to Goliath. Goliath receives the exact opposite in penalty. They cannot lose experience that they already had before the match started. They can lose all experience points that are awarded to them for the fight, however. So essentially, a 'Goliath' can receive no (0) experience for fighting the opponent, whether they win or lose.

Retraining (Character Re-spec)
If a Player wishes to change or "re-spec" their character in the middle of their DWD Career, they must spend XP to do so. You cannot "lose" levels this way, but it will make it harder for a character to reach the next level if the player does this. This is called "Retraining" a fighter. This becomes an option for characters between Levels 2-9. 10th level characters cannot Respec for various reasons, one of which being that XP becomes pointless for them. Always notify a GM before retraining a character!

The XP Costs are as follows:

A fighter can reset and re-allocate character points at the cost of 1/5 (one-fifth) of his/her current XP. Total character points are allotted back to spend how the player chooses (30 for first level + 5 for each level gained). Stat Minimums and Maximums are still enforced. Both Stamina and Climax, for example, cannot fall below 20 nor exceed 65. Other stats cannot exceed 10. The only thing that can exceed these limits are associated special abilities that allow the maximum to be increased. Because of this, apply these bonuses after points have been allocated.

A character can also change one (or multiple) special abilities at the cost of XP. This costs 1/4 (one-fourth) of their current XP per trait changed. This is costly to enforce a bit of realism and to further limit power gaming.

A 1st level character can also make changes to their character's points at no cost. They lose this exclusive privilege once they gain a level.

I may also be lenient and allow minor changes at no cost if we are talking 1 or 2 points. Anything more than that will likely demand a re-spec cost, however.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 07:31:13 AM by Dallas »

• Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Re: Date with Destiny (Revived, Revised and Reimagined)
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 06:26:05 PM »
DISCUSSION

|
|
|
V
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:19:43 PM by Twisted Crow »

• Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Re: Date with Destiny - Official Game Rules & System Mechanics
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 07:44:29 PM »
Expect a few slight tweaks to traits and minimum stat requirements in the future. ::)

• Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 09:10:56 PM »
[Place Holder, Currently shifting things around a bit and need another post slot to move them]

Offline Vercile

• ♔ Princess of Peril ♔
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Location: Stone walls echoing naught but ecstasy, rattling chains restricting fear, the mind's eye dazed in exquisite miasma
  • ☠ Spank me teacher, it's the only way i'll learn ☠
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 09:15:22 PM »
Hey, you're back! Is there any chance of getting my spot back?

• Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 09:38:31 PM »
Your spot? I'm not sure what you mean. As player or Co-GM? Heh. You did both, if memory serves.  :P

Offline Vercile

• ♔ Princess of Peril ♔
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Location: Stone walls echoing naught but ecstasy, rattling chains restricting fear, the mind's eye dazed in exquisite miasma
  • ☠ Spank me teacher, it's the only way i'll learn ☠
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 10:07:40 PM »
At this point in time, just as a player. :)

• Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 10:21:47 PM »
Of course! There is plenty of room at the moment, and I'd be happy to see you as a part of this. :D