|Who: This event is a Community-Wide Event. It is open to everyone and anyone. If you are a captive, in the barn or not, you are more than welcome to participate. If you do not wish to participate, you can have your character remain where they are in their stall, or dwelling.|
What: A group of captives from the Barn have surprised the guards on duty and have staged a breakout from the barn. Most of the stalls have been opened by these would-be liberators, allowing those who wish to fight for freedom a chance to escape, and others, who know better, and are too fearful of retribution, to remain in their stalls. Some stalls may be overlooked, depending on the captive character writer's preference.
When: Midnight, Morning of the Fourth of July. Lasting anywhere from a few hours IC to a day, depending on participation, interest, and the like.
Where: This event will take place throughout the Community. From the Public Areas, the Residences, and the Rural Sections. Alarms will be going off to alert citizens of an emergency.
No one really knows what truly happened, or how it began. When it would all be over, when the inquiries and questions raised, few answers could truly be found.
It began sometime after midnight. The Church Community peaceful and quiet in the darkness as the sabbath came to an end. Nearly everyone seemed to be snug and comfortable in their houses, enjoying the remaining hours of rest before the dawn of a new day and new week. For most, the most troubling and stressful of thoughts were with work, whether at home being dutiful wives, or in their crafts and trades, providing for a good and happy life for their family and wives.
A few of the guards were on patrol in the streets. On Sunday nights, it was a skeleton crew of armed guards who patrolled and kept the peace in the quiet streets of the town and distant roads that led into the farmlands. For there were few incidents, if any, that needed a full patrol.
For Residents and Believers
The first sign of trouble, for most of the residents, came in the form of gunfire. Shots ringing out in the streets. A lone shot, followed by more and more. A great many of the men rose to the defense of their homes and family, many taking the rifles and guns kept ready for that fateful day when the Outsiders would come to take their homes, their families, and Church away from them.
But few, at first, would know that the threat came not from the outside of the Community, but from the inside, and those wicked souls who dared try and run.
Orders would be sent out, demands from the Prophet himself to not harm the Captives who tried to escape, a demand that would undoubtedly bring cracks and fractures into the Community. Harm, and death, may be given to those trying to escape only in self and home defense, a rule that, undoubtedly, would be interpreted in a variety of ways.
It was around midnight when the sounds could be heard, the groans and thuds of a struggle and conflict within the lower depths of the Barn. In the otherwise quiet Barn, where only the occasional sobs and hushed conversations between neighbors in their respective stalls were the only sounds in the dead of night, the sounds of struggle and fighting could be heard from somewhere beyond the doors of the stall.
Heavy footsteps would approach, the doors to every stall opened with the keys. Two men, two captives, going from stall to stall, throwing open the various doors, allowing all the chance to fight for the freedom so many desired.
It would only be a matter of time before the barn door would be opened, and the poor, lonely soul on watch overtaken by the swarm of captive guests seeking their freedom. Taking off into the dead of night, for many the first time they would be given a chance to see light beyond the Barn, all looking for a way out in the closest moment they would all have for freedom.
Rules and Reminders
- The Rules and Regulations of this game still apply!
- Writers have the right of refusal to any non-con scenes. If you have your character rape/attack another character, without that writer's permission, and it's brought to my attention, you will be asked to leave the game. If it is not brought to my attention, if no word is said, I will assume that the scene is consensual between the writers.
- This event is completely optional. You don't have to go out there with your guns to round up captives, and you don't have to join in the breakout if you're a captive character.
- The length/duration of this game will depend upon the participation and interest of the members as a whole. Your captive can remain at-large for as long as you wish. Just know that your character will be hunted down until they are captured.
- If you have your character, some how, escape the Community, and the fences around the perimeter, I will remind you that your character will not make it to town. They will be run down, or killed.
- If you feel as if this event "ruins your game" for your characters, I urge that you contact me. Talk to me. I don't want you to feel as if my event to attempt to get some life and energy going again in my group and world is destroying what plots and angles you may be working on. I am always willing to help out people with their plots, and always willing to help people get on track, and even willing to try and move my characters and do stuff to foster interactions and plots with/for you.
- Interactions between captives and believers are strongly encouraged! Whether it's fighting, (previously agreed to) non-con sexual scenes, or even breaking into homes looking for refuge and safety.
- The Community and Residences may take damage in this escape attempt/riot. NPC businesses, homes, etc., can be broken into, looted, and/or burned. However, if it is a PC's house or business, please check with them and be courteous about it.
- You're also encouraged to make use of the NPCs that are open to you if you wish to get in on this event but do not have a character that would be a good fit.
- This event is scheduled to take place, IC, at around 00:37 a.m., July 4th. There will be about a fifteen minute window, IC, for captives to escape and run around before the alarms are raised. Please keep this in mind.