Lucian Than ValdisAge:
Staff – Works with students on Necromancy. What he deems as “work” seems to be little more than “follow me on this excursion, carry my books and if you slow me down I'm leaving you behind.”Race:
Caucasian – Speaks with the faintest traces of a Scandinavian accent.Height:
Rather slim and lithe, but the hidden muscle beneathe has put him on par with a standard gymnast or dancer in shape.Body-Hair:
Has been known to occasionally entertain the use of facial hair, but often decides against it. He prefers himself smoothe so no body hair catches in anything he happens to be working on at the time. Tattoos:
Lucian is the owner of an Yggdrasil Tree tattoo
that spans across his upper back. He sometimes chooses to conceal this with his Shapeshifting, though.Piercings:
Occasionally his ears are pierced. Sometimes they are closed. Lucian changes his subtle exterior appearance through his shapeshifting talent so often that it can never be confirmed.Powers:
17/18 points spent, 1 remaining.
- Cost : 5
- Skill Level : Mastered. This is the one talent that Lucian is, above all else, truly proud of himself for mastering. He finds a high level of fascination in raising the dead – be it deceased animals to humans – and seeing how far he can push them. He is constantly re-animating things, only to kill them and repeat the process. He is currently working on raising entire hoardes of the deceased instead of only one or two while maintaining his full control over them. Is also interested in attempting to infuse his talent with someone who can use Resurrection to see exactly what could come of it.
- Shadow Shade
- Cost : 2
- Skill Level : Mastered. Shadow Shade was an ability Lucian harnessed quickly on as being able to blend in with the darkness surrounding him would be critical in his early stages for acquiring corpses to raise. He still uses this gift to sneak around, often to burial grounds but sometimes around the campus to avoid being seen by students and staff alike.
- Cost : 4.5
- Skill Level : Average. While he has the ability to use this to change his form over into an animal or completely altering his appearance, Lucian prefers using it to change his hair length, presence of facial hair, or camouflaging his heterochromia. Mind, sometimes the eyes he chooses to use are even more startling than his natural ones, but. . . In a panic for escape if Shadow Shade is not available to him, Lucian has been known to take on the form of an animal or two. He is tell-tale from the animal he is attempting to mimic, however, because he cannot hide his heterochromia in their forms.
- Cost : 3.5
- Skill Level : Average. Raising the dead is a risky business and Lucian is not without his uncomfortable bumps and scrapes with the very creatures he attempts to harness control over. Learning how to heal himself in case of attack became paramount. He had begun working on attempting to use the Healing talent on the deceased he raises – sometimes trying to close old wounds and make a more efficient corpse, sometimes trying to heal closed a wound he purposefully inflicted on the target.
- Soul Tapping
- Cost : 2
- Skill Level : Minor. Though he isn't the best at tapping energy from others, Lucian finds it a helpful thing to have learned. Soul Tapping doesn't do much for him, but it has been known to sustain him in long bouts of work over a body.
Lucian, in a word, is a bit of a prick.
Cocky and arrogant to a fault, it cannot clearly be stated why
he is actually even around the school grounds except that they happen to be close enough to a cemetery to work well for his own purposes and gain. Lucian treats many of the new students with a sense of disdain, often looking down on them and has been known to mock their talents from time to time. It is unknown if he actually believes himself superior to them or if it is some part of an inane welcoming ritual he has concocted over the years. Some students do get close to him, usually those that show any talent with the darker art aspects or have exceptional drive and cunning. These are the sort he prefers to take under wing.
The others. . Well, he'll bring you along and provide you with knowledge to succeed, but those that show no interest in his art are quickly pushed aside or simply put on pack mule duty on the outings to the burial sites.
There is certainly something very off
to his behaviour, sometimes ranging from him appearing to only give someone half of his attention to a fast and hard swing into a more eccentric and uncontrolled mood. He has been known to switch between manic stages so quick that if you blink you miss the subtle shift, though he usually attempts to reign himself in around new students.
- Dead things
- The smell of formaldehyde
- The period of the night between midnight and three in the morning
- Messing with the new students (and some old)
- Being told that his practice is “inhumane” or otherwise being barred from work
- Rain. Mud makes it so much harder to dig up a corpse
- People staring at his eyes
- For that matter, making eye contact
- Straight-and-narrow path students and faculty
Lucian Valdis does not
discuss his past with others, and as such relatively little is known about this enigma of a character. It can be assumed by the slight trace of accent and his surname that his family hails from – and he possibly was raised in – Scandinavia at some point in time. Lucian neither confirms nor denies these allegations. Once, when intoxicated, he idly stated that he was descended from a long line of Volva
users during the high Viking Age. Perhaps its true. Maybe it was a lie. The tattoo on his back is suggestive otherwise. . .
known was that he presented at an early age and was trained under his parents. This much he confesses to and states that his parents were two of the greatest, and strongest, users he has ever met. It could be Lucian simply attempting to brag about his family, or the statement could hold grains of truth. Regardless, in a child's eyes they were great and benethe them he learned much of what he knows today.
At some point he ended up within the United States and accepted a position “teaching” students at the school. His paperwork shows that he has been doing this since he was twenty-four, a rather young age for a staff member with his particular talents. . Beyond that, Lucian either side-directs the information about him in a different direction or spreads so many lies about his history that wading through the fake statements to find the glimmer of truth becomes impossible. Perhaps someone can get close enough to worm the truth from him, or simply pry from his hands the leather-bound book he is constantly writing in. . .That
might hold the key to understanding the man.Between The Sheets:
Lucian has been very actively known to switch his roles depending on his mood and the appearance he has taken on that day. Facial hair is a pretty good sign that he is feeling more dominant on that day, while clean may be more suggestive of submission or power-bottoming. He is unpredictable by nature and should not be assumed for either.Role:
Switch. Some days he is 50/50, some days it may be more 70/30. 90/10. 100/0. You never know until you try.Turn On(s):
Being worshiped or praised during sex, bondage, D/s relationships. He is curious about
partners who are willing to let him injure them, then test his healing on them. In return, he is equally intrigued by a partner who is willing to rough him
and let him test his own personal capabilities. Wax play. Biting. Hair pulling. Using his scientific equipment in ways that is normally dissuaded
. Turn Off(s):
Whiny partners that expect him to cater to their needs. Commitments. Those that look down on his work with disdain or refer to it in derogatory fashion. He is a highly proud individual, so he isn't keen on being humiliated either.
Mun Notation : While Lucian doesn't like it, his player encourages this behaviour if you want. I would love to see him taken down a notch or six.
So, I noticed we were lacking in the staff member category, so I supplied my own. Forgive Lucian, he's a bit of a nutter who might make more sense as the game goes on. We'll see.