Doormat Three: Return of the Welcome

Started by Aethyrium, September 26, 2022, 04:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HospitalGhost

Anyone doing anything interesting today? My day has been filled with watching sitcoms and this evening I’m going wedding dress shopping. 

RedPhoenix

Sadly will be at work most of the day. Hopefully it won't be the wrong kind of interesting. :P
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

ChaoticDreamSystem

So far today has been a good day. I managed to get a chapter of my new book completed. May everyone have a day full of good blessings and positive interactions.

clark

Hello all! Fellow newcomer I am. Hope you’re all doing well. Question for anybody who cares to answer: how long has your longest roleplay lasted? Cheers.
﹒﹒★﹒──────────
Live long and propagate.
See this thread for the O/O's.
──────────﹒★﹒﹒

RedPhoenix

Interesting question! If you mean continuously active probably three years or so. If you include breaks probably double that! My currently longest rp I think will turn two soon.

Curious to see other people’s answers now.

ChaoticDreamSystem

My longest active roleplay without breaks lasted twelve and a half years.

My most current one is going on three months.

hilou10

I got a roleplay that went for a year and a half and that's the longest for me unfortunately. You'd think with my long presence in roleplaying, I'd find partners who'd be committed, but the search continues!

Hello everyone.

Hilou here and I am new to the site but not new to the wonderful passionate hobby we all share, looking forward to making some lasting friendships here with y'all and dive into some wonderful stories as well.
O/O
RP Request

"I touched the stars, and saw the glorious light of a thousand suns!
Now, blinded by this elegance, how could my purpose be anything... but dark..."

TheZplit

Hello Im TheZplit! Im excited to get started writing here and RPing with some of you😁. As a quick introduction outside my introduction im 22 male; i would call myself an avid game enjoyer of both tabletop (dnd/warhammer40k) and video (Souls games/dishonored/and several more feel free to ask), I also enjoy working out. While im not new to roleplaying i feel i will probably be a bit of an amateur but im eager to improve while Rping with you guys!😁
Never Tire, Never Hunger, Never Fear, Never Give in!

RedPhoenix

Welcome! Glad you came to join us! :D What's your favorite thing to play in D&D? :D

imalux

Hello! I'm Imalux, you can call me Imi or 'you', whichever fits the conversational bill. I figured I'd make the rounds in trying to introduce myself and partake in some of the games and the welcome mat, so hi! I'm really hoping to meet the qualifications for approval so I can hang out with all you wonderful people, build some stories, build some worlds. 

Outside of writing; I've recently gotten into D&D, mostly because my love of Baldurs Gate 3 introduced me to it, and a couple of friends were starting a campaign - I'm loving it so far. I also love animals, I work with a local TNR group to help feral cats get fixed and vaccinated, and I'm going to be fostering a mama cat and her babies soon. Anything outdoors or nature related will instantly pique my interest, staying active and cooking are really important to me! That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but again i'm looking forward to a chance to create here, thank you all for your time!

RedPhoenix

Welcome! So glad you came to join us! Bless you for taking care of the cat! I also love Baldur's Gate 3! What is your favorite character to play in it? Mine was a tiefling monk! :D

imalux

So, funny story - I went into the game completely blind and my first character was a Tiefling druid; which sort've made the Act I conflict perfectly ironic. Druids are a lot of fun, but I think my favorite so far was my draconic ancestry drow durge play-through! 

RedPhoenix

Oooh that sounds cool! There are so many characters I want to play through as! :D

I went in blind too so yeah, being a tiefling ended being a big deal which I was super happy about!

imalux

It's a fantastic game but it definitely gave me the RP bug, and I've missed having a place to write so I'm hoping it all works out here. It also is what got me into D&D and that's been a lot of fun too.

RedPhoenix

Sweet! I hope it works out too! Good luck with the application! :D

imalux

Sorlo

Hi! Just wanted to hop on the Baldurs Gate 3 chat (I think it's gotta be my favourite game)! I just love wizards. Maybe sorcerers are more powerful, and warlocks got the swagger, but I just love being able to adapt to any situation and prepare for each encounter by arranging the spellbook before leaving camp each day. I guess it's a solid amount of FOMO as well. Which spell do you want to learn next? The answer is "yes." 

Question for the room: what's something that inspires you to write? Could be book, movie, game, anything. 

RedPhoenix

I find reading is often one of my best inspiration sources as far as getting myself to want to write. When I read a really good author I get inspired thinking of what words can do and want to give it a shot myself! And then to get in a mood for a particular thing music works really well for that!

And I want to play as a wizard too now! :D

imalux

I definitely think BG3 is one of my all time favorite games (Mass Effect holds the current title at #1, though), but I also love Dragon Age, Skyrim, Oblivion, Warframe and Soulsborne games! 

As far as magic users go; I've played sorcerer, warlock, druid and cleric and I think like, just dynamically speaking I preferred druid, I liked how connected the magic felt to the character and the ability to take wild shape is of course, super cool (who doesn't want to be able to turn into an owl bear??). Wizards are very cool, though, there's definitely a nobility in taking the time to study and learn, rather than a gift that's born or bought into. I respect that take, honestly. 

A lot of my writing inspiration comes from my current hyperfixations; but I generally love to listen to ambient music and make "aesthetic" boards of photos and tie it all together to be an immersive little niche, and that actively gives me inspiration, but I tend to draw it from existing worlds or build my own based off of them roughly.