You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 23, 2020, 07:24:43 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: College of Blackreach (Skyrim game - Recruiting)  (Read 2080 times)

Offline AmbrosiaPuddingTopic starter

College of Blackreach (Skyrim game - Recruiting)
« on: May 14, 2017, 04:51:35 PM »
College of Blackreach

The tales of the Dragonborn's great quests have always been many, as well as vast. Everyone knows the story. Most are still alive to speak of when the Greybeards summoned him. Each remembers the thundering sound of their voice shouting, summoning him to their mountain on high. When the Dragonborn defeated Alduin, all celebrated him. He furthered his reputation with the College of Winterhold after becoming the Arch-Mage. The tales of his glory only spread further, among a certain crowd, after his defeat of the vampire king Harkon. While inside the soul cairn though the Dragonborn defeated the dragon Durnehviir. Durnehviir didn’t die after his defeat, no his soul was bound by the creators. Instead he became ensnared unable to die. Together, fighting alongside Durnehviir at his request, the Dragonborn learned much in the way of necromancy. It was through these lessons that the Dragonborn knew another mages college was required. One that allowed the teachings of necromancy. Not to abuse it, but to respect it. With the help of Durnehviir, the Dragonborn began creating a new college.

The College of Blackreach

Deep in the Dwarven ruins Blackreach held notes of mystery, wonder, intrigue, and magic. The very mushrooms that grew tall, luminous were essences of magic. The rare wispmother could even be found wandering the dark stretches. The Falmer were cleared out, along with the Dwarven remains. New areas of study were cleaned up and created. Different living quarters were cleaned up. An Arcanium and Arch-Mage quarters were built to mimic those of the College of Winterhold. The College of Blackreach offered more areas of study though. The Dragonborn felt it important that mages not be bound by magic alone. Hand to hand combat was also something they should be encouraged to study. So, it became something they taught.

Those who found their way to Blackreach, down into it's depths were offered a place among the school. After all, if they had trekked through the snowy lands of Skyrim to find the black called Blackreach, they had what it took to survive. Those who show they have a yearning to learn are accepted into the college even if they are dreadful with magic. So far very few have been turned away.

Rules & Character Sheet

No drama. Good for game, bad for OOC. If you're mad or frustrated, step away, calm down, and come back later. If anyone in the game makes you angry, then PM the GM. If the GM makes you angry, then again, PM the GM. I’m more than willing to listen if I’ve upset someone We're all adults here please act like it.
Activity & Pace. My requirements for games are 1, one, post a week per character. I’m not saying that’s how everyone will post but that’s what I require. I will ask what’s up if you haven’t responded or written in that time. If you are stuck please, message me. I’ll pull off an arm and a leg trying to help.
God-moding/Over-powered characters. Need I say more about this?
Respect. Be respectful to each other even if you don't like the person. If something bothers you, you can vent to me in PMs. Please do not vent in the OOC.
Interact. If you are joining this game, then you are joining to interact with everyone. I understand some people's characters mesh well and you want to RP all up and down with that person. That's wonderful! We all like that but do not act like other characters are not there if they’ve spoke to your character. Please notice everyone. If someone posts before you do, and you get the alert please READ what they’ve written.
Sex. Sex will happen, it is afterall an Adult thread. It’s not the main focus of the game though. 
Be Willing to Create As the GM I can only guide the story so much. Please come here willing to bring something to the table! Do not come here expecting me to hold you by the hand and give you things to respond and react to constantly. There will be times that I do this, yes but there is so much you can do.

Code: [Select]
[floatleft] Appearance, can be description real photo of animated [/floatleft]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] (Altmer, Bosmer, etc)
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Divine:[/b] (Which of the 9 Divine’s do you pray to?)
[b]House:[/b]
[b]Area of Study:[/b] (specific skills you’ve chosen to enhance)
[b]Weapon of Choice:[/b] (Whether this be a physical weapon or something of magicka)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Likes & Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Why Blackreach?:[/b]

Disclaimer: All information that is cultivated or taken has come this http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:36:02 PM by CarnageIncarnate »

Re: College of Blackreach (Skyrim game - Interest Check)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »
More information can be found Here in the World Building thread.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 05:51:04 PM »
Here is the profile that I've created for a Student so that others can see and gauge kind of what I'm looking for.

Outfit

Faceclaim

Name: Illianna, Anna, Blackraven

Race: Breton

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Divine: Mara and Julianos

House: Combat

Area of Studies: Archery, Sneak, Enchanting, and Alchemy

Weapon of Choice: An ebony bow she gained from one of the Draugr crypts that’s been enchanted to inflict stamina and frost damages on her opponents. 

Personality:
In a word Anna is, intimidating. Strong, independent, sassy, and sarcastic. A bit dark, cynical, with a streak of mischief in her. Anna doesn’t have many friends for a good reason. While she believes loyalty is important she is distrustful by nature. In the past she has found that the only ones self can be trusted. Though it’s up to debate on whether or not her background has turned her into the cynical woman she is. 

Background:
Anna had your stereotypical hard background for a girl. Raised by her parents until their untimely death. Sent to an orphanage where she endured many hardships. Before the orphanage though, Illianna’s life had been a thing of happiness. Her mother, Olivana a Nord, had moved to High Rock to learn the ways of magicka from the Bretons. It was there that Olivana met Hercin. Together the two of them married under the view of Mara, their love true. From the grace of Mara they were graced with Illianna. Learning of the death of her parents in Olivana, her husband, and daughter all moved to Skyrim together where they took up in Markarth.

Caught up in the ongoing cold war between the Forsworn and the residents of Markarth, Illianna’s parents were a casualty of the cold war. Slaughtered in their very home, the city didn’t want to care for Illianna and sent her instead to the Orphanage in Riften. With a pretty face, being an older child around 15, Illianna suffered at Grelod the Kind’s hands. When Aventus Aretino prayed to Sithis to have a member of the Dark Brotherhood come and take care of Grelod, Illianna took her moment.

Illianna followed Astrid, unseen, the whole way to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. Astounded that the young child had been able to follow her, sympathetic to her plight for revenge, Astrid took Illianna under her wing. With a sweet face, an innate ability to remain unseen, Astrid quickly molded Illianna into a deadly foe. Illianna remained with the Dark Brotherhood, doing the bidding of the Night Mother. On her 23th birthday, Cicero arrived to the Sanctuary with the body of the Night Mother. Things seemed to happen rather quickly after that, a Listner was named and Illianna found that her mentor, Astrid was beginning to do sneaky things. Terrible things.

Illianna wasn’t in the Sanctuary when the Imperial soldiers marched in and burned it to the ground. She had been out fulfilling a contract. She returned to find many of her Brother’s and Sister’s had perished. Having no home, no family, Illianna contemplated on whether or not being a member of the Dark Brotherhood was worth it. Hearing chatter of a new college being opened up, one that allowed the study of more than just Magicka, Illianna gathered the loot she could carry and made her way toward Blackreach. Where she had every intention of learning how to be a better archer and if capable, how to use her Thu’um.

Likes & Dislikes:
Likes: Archery, reading, collecting rare artifacts, cats, women, men,
Dislikes: Blondes, two-handed weapons, bigots, cruelty to children.

Why Blackreach?: Illianna had no other place to go and felt the need to make sure that killing wasn’t the only thing she was good at.

Offline Argent Adonis

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 07:11:39 PM »
Always happy to return to Skyrim!  My W.I.P. so far, to be completed:

Name: Alanon,
Race: Nord (werewolf)
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Divine: Talos
House: Magic
Area of Study: Conjuration, Destruction, One-Handed, Smithing
Weapon of Choice: Dawnbreaker

Personality:
W.I.P.

Background:
W.I.P.

Why Blackreach?:
W.I.P.

Dislikes: W.I.P.

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 07:13:45 PM »
Just so you know, if you're wanting to play a Werewolf and have Dawnbreaker as your weapon, you're really gonna have to sell it well. Atm I'd rather not have many werewolf or vampire characters.

Offline Argent Adonis

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 07:36:36 PM »
Lol!  Yes, I thought any combination of those two might raise eyebrows, especially without elaboration, but since I'm missing on a bit of sleep, I thought it better to fill in the rest when I'm more clear headed.

Either way, I'm not hard pressed to have both, or even either, of those two - merely builds I usually favour when playing Skyrim, and could do without if needed.

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 07:59:44 PM »
Lol!  Yes, I thought any combination of those two might raise eyebrows, especially without elaboration, but since I'm missing on a bit of sleep, I thought it better to fill in the rest when I'm more clear headed.

Either way, I'm not hard pressed to have both, or even either, of those two - merely builds I usually favour when playing Skyrim, and could do without if needed.

That's fine with me, just giving you and anyone else who might be interested a heads up.

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 03:45:11 PM »
I just wanted to add that my additional character has been put into the WB page.

The game is seeking students as well as teachers. Though there will be GM monitored quests that students get sent on.

Offline ZephySempai

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 05:46:33 PM »
Expressing interest. I'll happily throw a sheet up for a female assassin once I get one put together :)

Haven't played skyrim in forever, but when I did play, best believe I've done EVERYTHING lol. How will this game handle enchantments? All vanilla ones free game or are there certain ones that are off limits for characters? I really have my eye only on soul trap and paralysis in particular.

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 05:49:28 PM »
Expressing interest. I'll happily throw a sheet up for a female assassin once I get one put together :)

Haven't played skyrim in forever, but when I did play, best believe I've done EVERYTHING lol. How will this game handle enchantments? All vanilla ones free game or are there certain ones that are off limits for characters? I really have my eye only on soul trap and paralysis in particular.

As far as the harder enchantments go those are the kind of things that will be taught, or depending on what they are, learned in solo training.

Online Rummy Tum Tum

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 07:09:52 PM »
Name: Amara
Race: Bosmer
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Divine: Mara
House: Magic
Area of Study: Illusion, Sneak, Conjuration, Restoration
Weapon of Choice: Minions and trickery
Personality: Amara has always considered herself something of a storyteller. One of her favorite pasttimes is getting drunk and weaving boisterous tales that inspire hope (or grief and sorrow, depending on her mood). She is disreputable by choice, and finds lies and trickery to be preferable to things like honesty and valor.
Background: WIP
Likes & Dislikes:
Likes: Trickery, Mead, Singing, Animals, Summoning destructive creatures from other planes, Making a mockery of death through necromancy
Dislikes: Bland conversations, Paying for things, Overly perceptive marks people, Sweetrolls
Why Blackreach?: Magic is the gateway to many fantastic and entertaining skills. How else would one be able to trick a room full of people into thinking a fire atronach was capable of singing heartwarming ballads? In honesty, Necromancy also has plenty to do with her interest in this particular college.

Re: College of Blackreach (Skyrim game - Recruiting)
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 07:39:02 PM »
Good gravy I'm already scared of what you'll do with her.

Online Rummy Tum Tum

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 07:46:33 PM »
Hehehe >:)

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 07:59:14 PM »
Now we just need more players for her to torture.

Online Rummy Tum Tum

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 08:03:02 PM »
Torture? What ever do you mean? It's more like playful hijinks :P

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 08:06:29 PM »
My ass.

Online Rummy Tum Tum

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 08:12:45 PM »
A fairer counterpoint has never been presented.

Offline Relikai

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 08:18:11 PM »
Placing interest for an Elder Scrolls RP :)

Online Rummy Tum Tum

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 08:23:58 PM »
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your concept :D

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 08:27:23 PM »
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your concept :D

That's my line. Thief.

Online Rummy Tum Tum

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 08:36:17 PM »
I'm a man of many talents. Stealing is one of them ;)

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 09:42:00 PM »
This ain't the Thieves Guild sir.

Online Rummy Tum Tum

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 09:53:40 PM »
That makes it all the easier, no?

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 10:11:16 PM »
That makes it all the easier, no?

It could, but it probably won't. Not if I have anything to say about it.

Online Rummy Tum Tum

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 10:42:22 PM »
Aww, but thievery is fun *puppy dog eyes*