: The Guilty Gear
Homeworld was attacked but not conquered, currently under the Grand Alliance's watchful radar, but there is no military presence at the moment. Though Sol does not visit home for a number of other reasons. Sol has over 10 separate bounties on his head by various companies and crime bosses, not including the 100,000,000 dollars the Grand Alliance placed on him. Which was honestly only the second biggest reason he had to leave home. The biggest one was a close guarded secret, that caught up to him in the end, and eventually landed him in the service of the Dark Syndicate. Sol had earned the ire of a woman on the Tribunal of the Grand Alliance. APPEARANCE
: Sol is a tall man with brown hair and reddish-brown or golden eyes with slit pupils (which is due to his true nature as a Gear), wearing a tight, black undershirt with the top half covered by a red, sleeveless jacket along and white jeans. He tends to keep a rock and roll theme about his dress and demeanor. His headband bears the words 'Rock You', while his belt buckle has the word 'FREE'. Sol also wears a pair of black, fingerless gloves, red shoes, a drape of red cloth hanging down beneath his buckle and a multitude of belts, including a lone one on his left bicep. Sol fights using a blunt, rectangular sword known as Fuuenken (Fireseal) through which he releases a range of fire-based attacks. He is also very defensive about his square sword. Though his appearance changes greatly when he is in his Gear form, the Dragon Install
: He likes the ladies PERSONALITY
: Sullen and unrefined, Sol rarely speaks to people he does not like, often disregarding their presence entirely. Sol tends to be rude and impatient to those who interact with him, whether they are friend or foe. He is also quite stubborn when he is in pursuit of a goal or when he decides to take action regarding certain matters, never allowing the opinions of others to dissuade him once he's made up his mind. He is an individual who prefers to convey his intent through actions than words. And while he cynically mocks those who speak of "justice", he is not without mercy. Overall, Sol is not a friendly man, but he is not an inherently evil. His deeds tend to make him more of a "Badguy" than an honest one, but as a mercenary, it is hard to be anything else. For this reason he is often looked down upon by many of the other members of the Dark Council, but he fit in here more than the Grand Alliance.
Sol Badguy also tends to be a womanizer of sorts, which consistently gets him into trouble. It is not that he treats women badly, but he is just easily seduced, and often fraternizes with people he should not. However, he will frequently describe his ordeals later as "worth it", and rarely regrets them no matter the consequences. Preferring to take his punishment head on... Like the time he bravely and boldly ran away from the royal guards after seducing the princess, or when he nobly reclaimed a vessel from an struggling merchant. He is not always proud of the life choices he has made, but he has always made it by. Sol brutish mannerisms will be difficult for some to get used to, but others who earn his respect may eventually find his attitude charming.HISTORY
: Sol left his homeworld in a hurry on a stolen ship with several tons of illegal weapons, drugs, and even a nuclear warhead. So he does does not visit home for a number of reasons. Sol has over 10 separate bounties on his head by various companies and crime bosses, not including the 100,000,000 dollars the Grand Alliance placed on him. Which was honestly only the second biggest reason he had to leave home. For the biggest on was a close guarded secret, that caught up to him in the end, and eventually landed him in the service of the Dark Syndicate. For Sol had earned the ire of a woman on the Tribunal of the Grand Alliance.
Sol is known as the most wanted Bounty Hunter in the Grand Alliance due to the fact that he did some very bad things to a very important lady, but only after doing some very good things to her first. He was pursued relentlessly throughout every Alliance world and even many of the contested ones as well. The only relief he was granted was when he entered the war ravaged worlds of the Dark Syndicate. Which landed him in a Sith Prison, a hellsih realm of nightmares, and even a dark god's mandibles. Though he made daring escapes each time, he has seen shit that has messed him up for life. Seeking to drink the memories away, he had entered another bar just like so many times before. However, he pasted by a poster on the outside of a bar, saying Bad Guys Wanted
, and reflexively thought it was another one of his Wanted Posters. So he generally ignored it, ordering a drink from the bar tender and having a decent conversation. In this discussion, he had accidentally mentioned a secret pass code, and mistakenly entered into an interview to be hired under the Dark Council. The bartender worked for an organization known as the Blind Conclave, and the rest is history.POWERS
- Sol Badguy's signature weapon and his creation, the Fuuenken. Also known as the Fire Seal (封炎剣), this legendary weapon was the strongest fire weapon from his homeworld. It allows Sol to use his fire powers to the fullest. It was originally owned by the Sacred Order of Holy Knights for safe-keeping and was “stolen” by Sol Badguy when he deserted the organization (though Kliff Undersn intended to give it to him from the start.) The theft of the Fireseal is one of the reasons of Ky Kiske's animosity towards Sol Badguy. Though that is a small drop in the bucket by comparison to his new crimes.
The blunt sword is capable of channeling and enhancing Sol's fire magic. Allowing him to strike with flaming attacks, that engulf the defender even if they manage to parry the Fuuenken. He is very protective of this weapon and never lets it leave his side. Before he left his homeworld, he kept it by his bedside when he slept. Although he can now just keep it in his Inventory, having the ability to summon and dismiss it at will. He does like to always have it out anyways. This weapon does a great deal of damage, but is very heavy. Fuuenken often helps in taking down even stronger opponents, though it offers nothing in the way of speed or accuracy. The sword is meant to be an offensive weapon, but could be used to block a few stray attacks. Just nothing too big or he risks the weapon breaking, and needing to be repaired.Firaga Materia
- When the great Fire Materia was socketed into the sword Fuuenken (Fire Seal), the result was an over specialization of devastating proportions. The sword intensifies the power of fire already in Sol, and apparently works with Fire Materia as well. Although Sol could technically create fire from his own body, the triple combo made the heat of his flames boil metal and ash bone in seconds. The heat reaches degres of small stars, though on a much smaller scale. Due to the magical nature of this combo, he can even summon the flames in places that fire normally could not be sustained. Such as in space with no oxygen, or under water with no fuel. His most common uses of his Fire Magic, would be the Dragon Fist. Which he learned from his travels through various homeworlds. Though his most powerful techniques are still the Flame Distortion, and Napalm Death. Which are really just edgy names for fighting maneuvers he invented.
For the most part, Sol's regular fire magic is always going to be active in a fight. As he does not run out of it, and he doesn't hurt allies with the flames. He never needs to recharge his powers other then resting. So he rarely holds back, preferring to unleash everything he has in a fight and keep his victims form coming up with something that could defeat him. Rush them down and kill them before they find a way to kill you first. This philosophy has also followed him around in life. Taking a shoot first, ask questions later mentality. Which fit the Fire Magic nature, burning everything around him. However, if he uses his Fire MAteria to activate the spell Firaga
, there is a cooldown effect, keeping him from casting it over and over again.Dragon Install
- Sol Badguy can transform into a Gear of fire using the Dragon Install
. The Dragon Install is the name of Sol Badguy's ability to access a portion of his Gear powers while donning his Gear-Cell Suppression Device. When activated, he gains a substantial boost in strength, speed, power, regeneration and durability. The power of his fire magic and special techniques are also increased dramatically. The drawback is that he cannot sustain this level of strength for an extended period of time because of the limiter he wears on his forehead. Throughout Sol's past, his Dragon Install is steadily becoming closer to his natural Gear form due to the fact that his Gear-Cell suppression device is beginning to malfunction, which is attributed to his body and powers' continuous evolution and growth. So the Dragon Install is the greatest display of his Gear form, but it will one day consume him, and the more he uses it, the faster the Dragon Install will become his true form. Taking on the Gear visage permanently.
This form is a last resort, but it is his trump card when he needs a short term boost of power, This is also the only time when his fire magic can reach upwards of 3,000 degrees. Melting and burning everything around him when he begins to fight in this form. When he transforms into the Dragon, he is no longer worried about collateral damage, and is seeking to kill his opponent at all cost.SKILLS
- Sol Badguy is very strong for his size, as most fighting game characters tend to be. Clever
- Sol is brash, but deceptively intelligent. He hides it well, but he can analyze a situation with gut instincts, and often ends up being right without any proof of how.FLAWS
- Sol has a thing for the ladies, often getting into trouble when he hits on them at inappropriate times. Even getting seduced or manipulated by more nefarious females.Cooldown
- When using high level Materia, it cannot be used again until it recharges. Though it does not take too long, the cooldown time can feel like an eternity in a battle.Meltdown
- When in the Dragon Install, Sol begins to break down his body. It is very powerful, but will take a toll on his body almost immediately. While in Dragon Install, Sol will begin to loose health.INVENTORY
side arm, ammo bandolier, Ragnarok
starship (Currently owned by the Blind Conclave)