~ Muffet ~
"If she invites you to her parlor, excuse yourself."MASTER
: Giovanni, The Lord of the LandHOMEWORLD
: The Underground- a world where monsters have been sealed away by man forever.APPEARANCE
: Muffet is a petite spider-monster with periwinkle skin and six slender arms. She stands in at only 5 foot 4 four, and always wears elegant silk clothes lovingly fashioned by her brothers and sisters. Her expression always seems fascinated and delighted, but the moment her mouth opens, two long fangs are revealed.SEXUALITY
: Muffet is a lesbian and a Dominatrix. She delights in taking and training slaves, both willing and unwilling. Unfortunately for her victims, submitting to Muffet can be very
addicting, due to the unique properties of her venom. Once a slave has been fully broken, it is not rare for her to resell them for a profit if they are weak. She is running a buisness, after all~! PERSONALITY
: Muffet loves money. She is incredibly stingy when it comes to spending, and will always try to work an angle that will net her more wealth. She is easily bribed, and even easier to hire. As always, she is driven by a need to increase her own power and influence, so she can further help her fellow arachnids. Her dream is to unite all the spiders of the multiverse together under her banner, ending the oppression and extermination of her people that the Alliance threatens to incur. She will stop at nothing to pursue this goal.
Muffet has a coy personality. She speaks in an educated tone, but her voice always bears a hint of unabashed whimsy. This innocent style of talking belies an extremely manipulative nature. In truth, Muffet loves nothing more than to trap others in webs, both figuratively and literally.
Though she was once much kinder (at least, to those who liked spiders), the subtle guidance of a fellow sister
from a different council member has unlocked Muffet's sadistic side. She has found a particular delight in enslavement and selling slaves for profit. Just baking pastries isn't enough to fuel her cause anymore. Drugs, People, and Weapons are much more profitable commodities.
Despite her devotion to the Spider cause, Muffet's favorite food, ironically, is spiders. Arachnids are known to engage in passive cannibalism, and she is no exception to the rule. Most of the pastries she bakes are made with spider-based flour. Though the ingredient is offputting, her baked treats taste pretty good. All spiders under her banner are willing to fight and die for Muffet and her cause. She considers each pastry she makes a worthy sacrifice.HISTORY
: In her homeworld, Muffet was the leader of all spiders in the Underground. The spiders in that world used to be divided in two. Two clans of spiders were separated by a large, frigid wasteland known as 'Snowdin.' Snowdin was too cold for any normal spider to pass and survive. Muffet, the only humanoid spider throughout the spider clans, made it her solemn duty to reunite these groups. She started small, running a bake-sale in Hotland to raise the funds to transport all the spiders of one clan to her side of the frigid divide.
She was eventually successful, but it wasn't long before more hardship befell her kind. The Alliance.
In the Multiverse, Spiders have always had a bad rap. Most videogames with a spider depict them a staunch, mindless enemies. When the Alliance began protecting her world, they had little love for her people. Muffet was treated just like any other Giant Spider and hunted, while her brothers and sisters were mistaken for common insects.
The same story played out throughout the multiverse. The Alliance singlehandedly brought about the oppression and near-genocide of all spider kind. Muffet, playing witness to this gross mistreatment, hid away with her easily ignored family. On behalf of all spider kind, she swore, come hell or high water, arachnids would rise again.
And so, Muffet began funding her cause once more. At first, she merely sold pastries, but with time she found illegal dealings to be more profitable. She began running deals with Team Rocket, selling anything dangerous or profitable she caught in her web. Narcotics, weapons, you name it. Eventually, she proved herself reliable enough to be welcomed into their fold as a fully-fledged member.POWERS
:Queen of Spiders
- Muffet is able to convert and control lesser spiders that she encounters, or are born under her banner. Additionally, she also has a degree of shared empathy with spiders higher up on the invisible spider-hierarchy than she, and can persuade them to join her cause with the right prompting. As a Spider Queen, her worth is determined by the strength and span of her following. That influence will grow as she gains more followers. Currently, Muffet leads an army of thousands. Unfortunately, most of her soldiers are about the size of a centimeter. She is able to command her forces to organize and do her bidding, even when she is not present. The size of her army swells and shrinks as she bakes pastries, sets up bases, and endangers her spiders. Her current army is as follows:
Vile Venom; Wicked Webs
|As Muffet's original followers, these tiny soldiers are (literally) Muffet's bread and butter. Though they are smaller than many of the gigantic spiders out in the multiverse, they are fiercely loyal and possess unusual amounts of intelligence. They cannot speak, but are appraising enough to run small-scale smuggling operations without Muffet's supervision. These spiders are her scouts, emissaries and craftsmen all in one. They can even be crushed into powder and baked into magical, healing pastries. Tragically, they instantly die in colder temperatures.|
|Using her own magic and the bodies of countless Underground Spiders, Muffet has created Arachnids made entirely from baked goods. Muffin-top spiders are the voracious and valiant guardians of all spider-kind. These breaded golems are only about five feet tall and eight feet in diameter. Their skin is soft and easily broken, but their jaws are strong and capable of devouring almost anything organic. They are, however, very stupid and unable to spin webs. Muffin-tops require the orders of Muffet or other Underground Spiders to not make a mess of everything. For traveling long distances, smaller spiders are able to hitch rides in a muffin-top's mouth, making them ideal for transportation. Currently, Muffet only has one Muffin-Top spider, whom she keeps as a pet.|
- Muffet is made purely of magic and dust. As such, she can spin more than your average web. From her fingers, she is able to weave enchanted gossamer of any length and knitting from any of her hands. Though this gossamer can be burned away or dissolved with acid, it is highly resistant to magical spells. Most importantly, Muffet is able to choose who
gets caught in her webs, and she can decide for it to become sticky and restrictive to anyone at the drop of a hat.
Her Venom is equally versatile. If Muffet successfully bites an enemy, the battle is all but over. She quickly incapacitates her prey by injecting them with an intricate spell-poison bearing an effect of her choosing. It can even nullify magical abilities. The potency and duration of these effects depend on how much venom she was able to inject, and how large her prey is. However, though powerful, her venom is exceedingly difficult to apply. Muffet has to physically deliver her venom via bite, and she's very easy to overpower. It is most effective on prey already caught, or nearly defeated.Galvantua
- Muffet was gifted a Galvantua as part of her acceptance into Team Rocket. She quickly found great delight in its ability to deliver painful shocks to prey caught in its web. What better companion could a sadistic spider woman ask for? The Galvantua, whom she renamed "Sparky," became a dearly loved pet. Sparky and Muffin, Muffet's other large pet, often work against each other to vie for their mistress's affection. Sparky currently knows 2 moves:
|Electroweb||Galvantula fires an electric web from it's mandables that delivers incapacitating shocks, wounding and slowing an enemy at once. It works well with Muffet's own webs to further entangle a foe.|
|Protect||Galvantula protects itself from all damage for a small amount of time. It cannot use other abilities while using protect.|
: Defensive specialist, Manipulative, Black Market Dealer, Magic ResistanceFLAWS
- Muffet isn't a physically strong fighter. If separated from her webs and her spiders, she becomes a very easy enemy to manage. Just like any spider, Muffet has to rely on traps, webs, and deceit to claim victory. Even her venomous finishing move can be stopped if her enemy isn't otherwise distracted.Easily Bribed
- Muffet will do almost anything if given enough money. This includes turning on her teammates, if enough coin is proffered. However, she will never, ever turn on her cause for the advancement of spider-kind.Unabashed Cannibal
- Muffet is willing to eat anything lively enough to be caught in her webs. Especially you. Her occasional, "accidental" hungry looks can appear eerie and terrifying at to others.INVENTORY
: Plenty of ill-begotten Money
- If nothing else, being a member of Team Rocket pays well. Giovanni is generous to the business minded. Unlike other council members, there is good money to be made within Giovanni's crime syndicate; so long as he has a stake in all profits, of course. In such a profitable career, Muffet collects wealth like a feverish magpie and uses it to devastating effect. It is her one and only true weapon.
This Muffet is brought over from another game, but I modified her a good bit to fit the setting.
Overall, Muffet is basically a fantastic support character. She ties up enemies so other people can come smash them. Plus, many of her abilities have great out-of-combat applications. Scouting, Base-building, Bartering, Enslaving, Torturing, etc. Just like Giovanni, what she lacks in power she makes up for with money and a wide array of utility.