|High Concept ||Fugitive Async Assassin|
|Trouble||You'd Be Messed Up Too|
|Loyalty||Because Fuck Cognite|
|Other||The Lost Were The Future, Once|
Deceive (+2), Willpower+3
Athletics, Infiltrate, Kinesics+2
Hardware, Medicine, Notice (+2)+1
Investigate (+1), Provoke, Somatics, ShootStuntsEgo
2 Skill PointsEgo
Psi-Gamma Psychic StabEgo
Psi-Gamma Sensory BoostEgo
|Aspects||Original Futura; Liar, Liar|
|Traits||Essential Biomorph Traits, Mnemonic Augmentation, Stigma (Lost)|
|Custom Traits||Bodysculpting, Environmental Adaptation (Cold), Environmental Adaptation (Thin Atmosphere)|
|Cred/Civ Rep Cost ||Great (+3)|
* Everyday tech (smart vac clothing, utilitool, specs)
* Assistant bot (creepy or servitor)
* Light pistol, a variety of grenades/mines.Background
* A member of the Lost Generation.
* Taken into Cognite custody.
* Converted into an Async assassin.
* Escaped with assistance from Firewall.
* Her 'day job' is as an exotic prostitute; Futura morphs are incredibly rare and expensive, and command a premium price. She's probably been moved to Antimony's group.Notes
* Aside from her Async abilities, her skill at keeping her self alive/functionally sane has her serve as a sort of designated survivor to deliver information from a failed op.
* Anyone can make an assassin that shoots with perfect accuracy and can move around invisibly. Only Cognite can make an Async that can kill them with her brain and get past security simply by asking. Or so the marketing pamphlet says.
* Psychic Stab is her primary offensive tool, and Subliminal is her primary defensive tool. Against synths, she has to resort to running away or laying traps with Infiltration/Hardware. Fortunately, the guy in charge is usually in a biomorph.
* She has pretty huge holes when it comes to Mesh interactions. Presumably, this was where her support could come in; cover, infosec, programming, etc. could be provided by a dedicated hacker as an assassin, and now that she's on the run whoever the hacker is can cover them better than she could. From Cognite's perspective, it's also better if their assassin doesn't function super well on her own. Same goes for Cred/Rep; these are not things she ever really handled herself.
* Liar, Liar aspect's intent is to focus on how Futuras are pretty good at deception, but that this is a known quantity. So they may be really good at hiding things, but also be heavily suspect.
|Ego Stress||1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] 4[ ]|
|Morph Stress||1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]|
|Muse Stress||1[ ] 2[ ]|
|Mild Consequence (2)||---|
|Moderate Consequence (4) ||---|
|Major Consequence (6)||---|
With a touch, the async can cause physical damage in the form of internal hemorrhaging, massive cell death, or other disruption of metabolic processes. The async may use Willpower instead of Fight to attack or create an advantage in physical conflict, dealing stress as if they were mounting a normal attack. Psychic Stab can't be employed to use Willpower to defend. It doesn't work on non-biological targets, although it is effective against pods because it doesn't exclusively target the brain.
When taken as a stunt rather than a trait, this sleight confers +2 to Notice actions when the async focuses on a sense relevant to what they're attempting to perceive.
I'm focusing more on the Pattern Recognition sleight aspect from the core rules for this one. The fluff around is more interesting than just 'being really good at noticing stuff'. Like the An Infinite Horizon story at the beginning of Gatecrashing, and the idea of Asyncs using stenography to send messages to each other only they can even notice mentioned in Transhuman (p. 152-153).
The Subliminal sleight confers Fair (+2) ability, or a +2 bonus on Deceive actions, to influence another person by implementing a single post-hypnotic suggestion. For nameless NPCs, this is a simple overcome action opposed by Willpower. For PCs and named NPCs, it's a contest. If the async succeeds, the recipient will carry out this suggestion as if it were their own idea. Implanted suggestions must be encompassed in a short sentence (for example: “open the airlock,” or “hand over the weapon”). Suggestions may be implanted with a short trigger condition (“when the alarm goes off, ignore it”).
The async must succeed with style to make the target do anything immediately life threatening (“jump off the bridge”) or that violate their motivations or personal strictures. PCs and named NPCs can't be given such commands at all.
On a tie, the target might have a vague intuition that they're being manipulated, or might not take the action precisely according to the trigger condition the async specified.
* Tentacles (Octomorphs)
* Toys/Robots (Synths)
* Orgasm Denial/Edging
* Mind Control (Receiving)
* I like the idea of having a Creepy that's basically a tiny tentacle monster made out of smart materials. And sorta acts like this: