Game Rules and Regulations, or "The Thirteen Sacred and Undeniable Rules for This Game"
- Real life ALWAYS comes first! This is just writing, and having fun. If you need to step away, feel free to step away. We'll always be around, and there is no rush. But if you're going to be away, please let it be known either to the GM or in the OOC.
- Be respectful of your fellow writers! No Godmodding! Always check to see if the other person is alright with something when it comes to kinks, whether through PMs, Character Sheets, or their On's and Off's thread.
- Characters MUST be eighteen years of age or older. This is for the comfort of everyone involved.
- List the content of your post in the warning section of the header if it's something sexual or violent. While this game is pretty relaxed about story elements, as long as they fit within the site rules, some individuals may not be alright with reading over certain elements and kinks. It's totally fine to make fun of the warning section and put jokes in there. I do it all the time myself, but please list extreme elements or sexual elements.
- Character Death MUST be decided beforehand! Even if a writer is open to having their character killed, please be respectful and discuss it with them beforehand.
- Humans only! No mythical creatures, aliens, etc. Mortal humans only.
- Follow the Site Rules. Needless to say.
- Keep your characters within the community, unless discussed with the GM. This is for the sake of the story and everyone involved. There is plenty of places, within both the stone walls surrounding the community, as well as the outer fences. If you want to try some escape, or town trip, and write it out in the game, please talk to the GM(s) beforehand.
- Don't force sex scenes on writers. Again, please be respectful of your fellow writers. While this is a group with a focus in many places on non-con situations, please check with your fellow writer before introducing a sexual scene instead of just jumping in without asking. It's rude and inconsiderate. Not everyone is looking for smut at any given moment.
- Don't be afraid to speak up. If something is bothering you, you're feeling left out, or you want to get out, don't hesitate to let the GM(s) know. I for one would be more than happy to help out with anything, and am understanding when it comes to needing to leave. I'll do whatever I can to help out.
- Let the GM(s) know, or post in the OOC, if you are going to be away for an extended amount of time. This is mainly for the sake of everyone involved. If you're having muse issues, need to take a bit of a break, unable to post, or just want to leave, please at least let it be known in the OOC. The muse comes and goes. I know that all too well.
- Leave the drama at the door. Leave the drama at the door. If you can't get along with an individual, then don't interact with them. I am not choosing individuals as to who stays and who goes. I'm not getting into the middle of others' drama. If you can't handle being in the same game as another individual, don't bother.
- Keep it civil. There's no need for arguing. I'm a firm believer in the saying that, if you have nothing good to say, it's better to not say anything. And although this is a story about a fictitious religion and a fictitious cult with fictitious beliefs, this is by no means a forum to discuss religion.
Question and Answer SectionQ: What section is this story going be placed in?A:
Extreme Small SolosQ: Who are the GMs?A:
For now, myself. That is subject to change though. (*eyes one person in particular with the open invite to co-GM this*)Q: What is the focus of this story?A:
This is largely a tale of abduction and brainwashing. It involves a cult/church that is in a crisis. After declining births within the community, and a sickness which helped to decrease the population, the churc begins to abduct individuals from various places, in a reasonable vicinity, and brings them back to the church to "save" them by making them see the true light and wisdom of the church.Q: What is an Outsider?A:
Outsider is a broad term for those who have not grown up in the faith of the Church of the Sacred Union, and those who do not believe in the teachings. They are "outside" the walls of the Church of the Sacred Union.Q: Why is the Church bringing in people who don't believe in their faith?A:
In essence, the Church is at a moment of crisis.
Outsiders are being brought in for a variety of reasons. Recent sicknesses have devastated the population, bringing the town's population down significantly. That, coupled with high rates of birthing issues (i.e., defects, miscarriages, health complications, SIDs, etc), have left the church in a dwindling state in recent years. To combat this, and inspired to help save Outsiders, the Church has begun to bring them in, often by force, in order to make them see the light, and to get them on the right path in life.Q: Is there going to be sex involved?A:
Without a doubt. This is going to have a considerable amount of sexual activity, but it is not the primary focus of the story. The story, and the storytelling, is the primary focus.Q: Do True Believers have to have been born within the Community?A:
No. The Church have welcomed Outsiders who have seen the light. It is not easy to join. One does not simply walk into the Church of the Sacred Union. There are deep background checks, probationary periods spent under the watchful eye of a chosen mentor, etc. before one can be fully welcomed into the Church.Q: Is this LGBTQ friendly?A:
Absolutely! The Church itself may not be the most forward thinking of people, however, to warn you. Q: Can I make a character that has been born into the Faith of the Church?A:
Absolutely! It's encouraged, in fact. Q: What limitations are there on characters?A:
As long as your character is eighteen (18) years of age, or older, and is a mortal human, you're going to be just fine. Q: Is this a real church?A:
This is purely fictitious, with beliefs that are purely fictitious. I am not a religious cult leader, but if you feel like donating to the First Church of Gnothi, please PM me for details.Q: What kind of story is this?A:
A free form story, focusing on abduction, incest, forced incest, brainwashing, religious cults, etc.Q: Will there be any sort of GM events?A:
From time to time there will be GM events, but I would rather have people make up their own story lines within the community, rather than be solely dependent on the GM for stories and such.Q: How many characters can I have?A:
The limit is four. Four characters per writer. That is, however, subject to change, depending upon the number of interested people.
The current limit of characters available depends on how much you can handle. If it is the view of the GM, or the popular opinion of the group, that you're going a little overboard with characters, or unable to keep up with the amount you have, you may be told no to future characters.Q: Where is this game taking place?A:
Somewhere in the American west. Think rural areas of Wyoming, Montana, etc.Q: How, in terms of time frame, is this going to play out?A:
I believe in a fluid time frame for groups. I know for some, it's preferred, and easier, to try and keep everyone on a single day. While it's not without it's merits, I prefer to give people an opportunity to write, instead of being locked down on one single day, or stuck in a single scene. There will be three open days, IC (In-Character) to post and have fun, before, after some time, one or more days of that open three days will be closed, and the next section of days will be open.Q: What's going to be the start of the story?A:
While some captives have already been there, there will be an opening of sorts, for a large group of new captives being brought into the community. After being abducted and drugged, they will wake up in a restrained state, wherein their situation will be explained, and it will go from there.Q: How graphic and extreme is this going to be?A:
That is up to the writers and any partners you might have. This is being posted in the Extreme section because I believe in giving every writer the chance and opportunity to do what they want, within the site's rules. I don't believe in limiting someone by, say, putting this in the Bondage, and eliminating any and all darker themes and kinks.
With that said, this story does have some pretty dark and gruesome events in mind. The justice in the Community can be very harsh and very graphic. They will be spoilered for those who do not wish to read such things, but this is not a story for the faint of heart.Q: Will there be characters under 18 in the story, or in the Community?A:
I will only be accepting characters 18 years of age or older. Any and all characters, NPC or otherwise, under the age of 18, have been sent away to a satellite compound out of the country. This is in response to the increasing crisis, the rising number of captives, as well as increasing Federal Government scrutiny. Babies may be allowed (in non sexual situations of course) on a case-by-case basis.Q: How are non-sibling marriages viewed?A:
Marriages between individuals who are not siblings are allowed and are not looked down upon to the point of shame or discrimination.
Some individuals, older ones, might view such relations as ungodly, but today, with the evolving of the Church and it's people, such relationships would be viewed as acceptable. There might be some talk and gossip, but nothing too harmful and malicious.
The men in such relationships would be viewed as heroes of sorts, for stepping in and saving unmarried women from damnation and undesirable lives of living their lives in such a wayward and sinful way. Q: Can I create my own family within the Church?A:
Absolutely! You're more than encourage to create your own family within the community of the church.