You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 01:40:25 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Noticing Some Unapproved People in Parts of the Site That Aren't Public  (Read 434 times)

Offline LostInTheMistTopic starter

Most specifically, right at the moment "Transformation" who posted just half an hour ago for his approval was perusing the One-on-One Roleplay Requests board. I noticed because his icon is black, as opposed to colors and when I clicked on him, it revealed he had posted only once, his introduction.

I'm not trying to get him in trouble or anything. I'm just saying that if new members can see the whole site now for some reason, that might be a problem.

Online Nicholas

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #ReallyIAm #BlameMads
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Unapproved members can read those boards at any time, but they cannot post in them.

Online AmberStarfire

• Rogue Starlight ~ Fantasy Novelist ~ This Is Who We Are ~ Scully to his Mulder
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ❤ Snuggler of the Wyld and Hairy ❤
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Out of curiousity, can those same boards be accessed from links on Google search results where the person in question hasn't applied to be a member?

Offline Rogue

• The Bratling ~ her Mx ~ they/them unless other pronouns/gender are specified please~
  • Champion
  • Addict
  • ~Edenmon Master~ ~GenderFluid~
  • View My Rolls
From my experience, there's a "you are not approved" message when links are given to approved only areas. I'm not sure it you can Google anything from the approved area.... will check and get back to you. 

Edit: just Googled my user name and a story and the only things that popped up were unrestricted areas. :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:58:06 PM by Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff »

Online Oreo

Everything in the private area is Google proof.

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Everything in the private area is Google proof.
E: "I told you my Google-fu was better, didn't I?" *Bruce Lee hand gesture*

Offline wander

The entire left-most column can be seen by google and unapproved members, though signatures can only be seen by approved members, so if there is a link to another part of the board in it, only approved members can see and click on them.

Offline Rhedyn

The entire left-most column can be seen by google and unapproved members, though signatures can only be seen by approved members, so if there is a link to another part of the board in it, only approved members can see and click on them.

Except for the Non-Forum Roleplay Requests board, which I believe can only be seen by approved members as well.

Online Oreo

E: "I told you my Google-fu was better, didn't I?" *Bruce Lee hand gesture*

Indeed, their bots shall not pass. ;D

Online AmberStarfire

• Rogue Starlight ~ Fantasy Novelist ~ This Is Who We Are ~ Scully to his Mulder
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ❤ Snuggler of the Wyld and Hairy ❤
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Okay. :/

Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate it.

Online Nicholas

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #ReallyIAm #BlameMads
  • View My Rolls
Re: Noticing Some Unapproved People in Parts of the Site That Aren't Public
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 10:17:12 AM »
Except for the Non-Forum Roleplay Requests board, which I believe can only be seen by approved members as well.
Yes, those are only visible to approved members. ~nodnod~ Because people often post their offsite contact information (aka IM) there.

Online Mintprincess

• Addiction Personified * Full of WINCEST * Baby Spice Gem
  • Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • Always and In All Ways
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Noticing Some Unapproved People in Parts of the Site That Aren't Public
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 10:36:49 AM »
The entire left can been seen by guests too. :). Just log out and you are looking at the 'unapproved member' board.

<3