You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 04:40:41 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!  (Read 23512 times)

Offline Amelita

I'm kind of thinking about a male Storm or a Black Panther.

But I'm also kind of thinking Hawkeye or Gambit.

And... I can't decide -snicker-

Gonna think about it some.

Or ooooooh if Wolverine is back up for grabs...

This is my first interest post. Tons has happened since xD

Storm would be such a hunk, but I do like the idea of Gambit too >.>

I don't know.

Offline Bloodied Porcelain

• E's Masked Lady ~ Swamp Witch ~ Sisterkitten ~ Little Red ~ Crowley ~ Baby Girl ~ Muse Crack ~ Code Monkey ~ LLS ~ Favorite ~ Good Girl ~ Pointe Shoes & Combat Boots
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Captain Of Team Fuck Up Your Sheets
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Here is a question... If we want to snag a cannon and do it our way... how do we handle the fact that so many cannons are SO different depending on the comic/show/movie you're dealing with?

I'm considering fem!Pyro... but the Pyro in the movies is NOTHING like the one in the old Fox show is nothing like the one in the new comics is nothing like the one in the old comics...

Online Rave

This is my first interest post. Tons has happened since xD

Storm would be such a hunk, but I do like the idea of Gambit too >.>

I don't know.

Geezus, who is that model for Storm?

I would not fuck with him >_>

Offline Amelita

That would be gorgeous Broderick Hunter, but don't worry, he's not really all that scary ::)

• E's Masked Lady ~ Swamp Witch ~ Sisterkitten ~ Little Red ~ Crowley ~ Baby Girl ~ Muse Crack ~ Code Monkey ~ LLS ~ Favorite ~ Good Girl ~ Pointe Shoes & Combat Boots
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Is it weird that this picture makes him more appealing to me than the other ones you sent me? >.>

Offline Kuroneko

Haha, if you'll notice in the CS, even though he's a teacher I enrolled him in Lady Wolverine's Self Defense class. Just because the Deadpool/Wolverine dynamic is hilarious and I couldn't resist :P

I did notice that.  I think it's hilarious.  ;D

Offline Amelita

Is it weird that this picture makes him more appealing to me than the other ones you sent me? >.>
Not at all. It's the one that made me start looking for more pics of him in the first place.

Offline AribethAmkiir

Here is a question... If we want to snag a cannon and do it our way... how do we handle the fact that so many cannons are SO different depending on the comic/show/movie you're dealing with?

I'm considering fem!Pyro... but the Pyro in the movies is NOTHING like the one in the old Fox show is nothing like the one in the new comics is nothing like the one in the old comics...

Pick the one you like best.. or a bit from all, and make him/her your own?  Usually, though, the first appearance (usually the comic) is canon and everything else is another rendition on the character.

Offline yasarra

Whichever you decide, Ame.  :)  Just let me know what you decide so I know which to make, a female Gambit, or an OC.

Offline MasterOfMyFate

Pick the one you like best.. or a bit from all, and make him/her your own?  Usually, though, the first appearance (usually the comic) is canon and everything else is another rendition on the character.

Basically what I did. You could always take inspiration from other pyrokinesis users from any fandom and use factors from them to create your own Pyro. That's what I did with my Juggernaut/Superboy character. I honor both original sources by using their names as my own.

Side note, I think we have a hellva X-men team now. :D

Offline Lockepick

I was curious for my own sake, so I thought I'd share my findings with everybody. I included cross-gendered canon as part of canon.
EDIT: Obviously, I have no clue who is and isn't accepted. This is just a running list, not anything official.

Canon:8
OC:3

Male:6
Female:5

HS Sophomore:1
HS Senior:2
College Freshman:4
College Sophomore:1
Instructors:2
???:1

I counted Cain Marko as a Freshman -- since his profile just says 'High School Graduate.'
Put Misery as Question Marks because no clue where to go.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:43:33 PM by lockepick »

Offline SpiralSpider

Ahem... I'll just drop this here for no reason...

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
I've been thinking about combining Pyro and Flamefist powers wise, and taking bits and pieces from comic Pyro's personality (namely the part about writing). She wouldn't be a terribly physical character, though, to offset the fact that Pyro can't create fire, only control it.

Offline Ryven

• Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
I'm really surprised no one is trying to play a male Mystique.  Do you know the fun you'd have?

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
I'm really surprised no one is trying to play a male Mystique.  Do you know the fun you'd have?

You mean... Morph? >.>

Offline AribethAmkiir

Might be wrong, but I thought Morph could only change into other humans/mutants. 

Offline Ryven

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
You mean... Morph? >.>

Is Morph as badass as Mystique?

Offline Saphir

Is Morph as badass as Mystique?

I'd say he's not. Morph is either one of those characters you love or hate because his personality is kinda obnoxious. >.<

Offline Ryven

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
I'd say he's not. Morph is either one of those characters you love or hate because his personality is kinda obnoxious. >.<

That's why I said Mystique.

Offline Kuroneko

Morph's powers are pretty similar to Mystique's with some limited telepathy, but he's a practical joker and all around clown as well.

There was a male Mystique on my board that totally kicked ass ;).

Offline AribethAmkiir

He was pretty badass by the end of his story-arc but that was after Mr. Sinister did stuff to him.  *shrugs*

He was an X-Man, too, which means he may have been able to do that stuff from the beginning.  Being able to adopt the powers, as well as, the appearance of other mutants is pretty awesome, and unlike Rogue, he doesn't have to touch them.

Offline Kuroneko

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:11:52 AM by Kuroneko »

Offline Orange MarmaladeTopic starter

Still stuck with work, which is lame! But seeing a lot of awesome stuff.

For folks still working on characters, I'd love to see some more students at the younger end of the spectrum (16-18) range in High school to really give it that Xavier's feel!

Also I'll be posting a little more clear of a timeline about the school and stuff so people have a clearer idea of when things happened, how long its been around, etc.

Offline MasterOfMyFate

Ahem... I'll just drop this here for no reason...

Wouldn't Rogue be really blue-balled in that case? I don't remember Gambit being promiscuous, but I remember he'd always tempt Rogue, but hardly touch besides some kisses. (May need to start reading more source material derp)

Offline Ryven

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Wouldn't Rogue be really blue-balled in that case? I don't remember Gambit being promiscuous, but I remember he'd always tempt Rogue, but hardly touch besides some kisses. (May need to start reading more source material derp)

Rogue has no problems touching him/herself.  ::)