BASIC INFO:Legal Name:
CyclopsCitizenship and other legal info:
US Citizen, OrphanPlace of Birth:
Public school survivor
128 lbs.Hair color:
Auburn, shaded red in the summer.Eye color:
Salem's eyes would be green if she had never been afflicted with her destructive mutation. Her eyes are red mostly now. :(Gender:
British Lineage. However, this knowledge is entirely unknown to her.Age:
Salem is long, lean, strong, muscular, and otherwise rather petite. She has narrow hips for a woman. Her buttocks is small, and round. Her chest is not nearly as large as the picture to the right is implying. Although, they are definitely as perky! If not more perky. So, the following picture should do well to describe how Salem/Cyclops prefers to dress. It's in the spoilerOTHER INFORMATION:Orientation:
Salem is mostly inexperienced when it comes to sexuality, she's a virgin. Never had a boyfriend, Orphans don't have a lot of sway in social circles and wine mixers, especially orphans with destructive lasers in their eyeballs. Since arriving at the school, it has been easier to make friends, but its also been easier to make enemies. Things did not become new easier.Goals:
Salem is a fiercely determined individual. She lives by a number of fairly simple mantras; "all work and no play", "focus leads to sucess", "victory only leads to more competitors". So, Salem fully intends to lead her own squad for Xavier one day. She studies history and physics intently. She wants a black beltin Tae kwon do, and she is still learning. Also, Salem likes to work with professor X, and refine her powers. Wealth Level:
Poor/Typical. Salem is a hardworker, and she was always gifted at getting her proper earnings.Personality:
Salem has a dray sense of humor, and a good joke can get a laugh out of her. However, Salem is
wound tighter than a christian prom queen. There are a significant number of personality flaws in herself and other people that drive her to irrational heights of rage. She does her best not to be lazy, or depend on eithers, or allow her focus to stray, she cleans up after herself, she washes her clothes, and she eats good food. Typically, these things do not waiver. However, when she sees other people, friends and enemies alike, she lets herself be heard. Lectures are a past time for Salem. She is direct, attentive, constructive, and creative. However, she has very little emotional response. And, its very difficult to 'get inside' of her. This is in many more than just one way. Telepaths have a lot of trouble handling what is going on deep inside of Salem's mind. On the surface, it seems like Salem uses a fake strong voice to help herself seem more confident. However, that voice doesn't go away in private moments. And, finally, yes, still a virgin, so, she's sort of reserved and sheltered at this age for having never physically let some one inside. Salem works best in large groups of five or more, this likely comes from growing up around ten to twenty other kids in her orphanage groups. Salem has trouble the smaller the group gets.
Alone, Salem is at peace, she loves to just keep her eyes closed and think, or sleep, or run...all alone.SCHOOL INFO:Classes Taken or Taught:
Salem as taken most classes that a highschooler would take in order to get a high school diploma. Professor Xavier insisted that she take drama, or music, something in the arts, but after trying one semester in drama, she decided that she didn't need a real highschool diploma. He allowed her to take several additional history courses in order to make up for it. Since 'graduatin', Salem has focused on history, and physics, as previously stated. But she still takes some math and english every other season or so to stay sharp. Her physical regiment is constant, and it goes far beyond what the instructor at the school insists of her. Year:
Sophomore - CollegeClub Memberships or Sponsorships:
N/A (I think...?)STATS:
(If this character were to be older, some of these stats would scale up, but she is still in training, so I made her less physically impressive, which should be evident from the 'daily life' picture in the spoiler above.)Fighting:
4 - Agility:
4 - Strength:
2 - Endurance:
6 - Reason:
5 - Intuition:
6 - Psyche:
6POWERS: OPTIC BLAST
Cyclops emits beams of energy from her eyes, which have the appearance of red light and deliver massive concussive force. These beams produce no heat. When, out of control, Cyclops can pulverize rock, bend metal out of shape, or stop and flip a moving car. These beams produce no recoil. Her body is also naturally immune to the beam's force, so she can just close her eyelids without any pain. Because of this, Salem would be immune to all of her brother Alex's powers, and he would be immune to hers if they were ever to interact or fight.ADVANTAGES: COMPUTER BRAIN
- Cyclops seems to display some inherent, intuitive knowledge of spatial geometry. She is fantastic at pool, and the entire game made sense to her at first glance. Now, as she applies this sense of awareness to the attributes of her power, she is discovering that she can bounce her blasts off of objects, and focus them in all kinds of ways. An undiscovered skill, Cyclops is almost unconsciously aware of how to fly any kind of aircraft.TENSION READY TACTICIAN
- Cyclops works very well under pressure. She excels in a leadership position, and her extensive knowledge of historical warfare, and battle strategy make her a pain in the ass to outsmart inside of the Danger Room.REFLEXIVE FIGHTING
- Again, Cyclops just seems to have an idea of what some one is going to do right before they do it. She is very skilled at taking advantage of peoples weak spots, and although she gets the crap kicked out of her during training, it's her form thats poor, not her instincts. DISADVANTAGES: NO CONTROL OF POWER - FUNCTIONAL BLINDNESS
- She cannot stop her power from destroying anything that she looks at directly, so; Cyclops uses a pair of ruby quartz eyeglasses developed by Professor X to contain the devastating rays. In her X-Men uniform, if she has one yet, she uses a ruby quartz battle visor in place of the glasses. The crystal is said to resonate at the same frequency as the psionic field that protects Cyclops (and Havok) from their own powers. Her uniform has firing studs incorporated into her gloves and on the sides of the battle visor that control the visor's aperture. In the event that the visor has a power failure, the apertures are spring loaded to automatically close so Cyclops can at least see normally. Given any total malfunction, Cyclops is functionally blind without the aid of these devices. She would be unable to stop from blasting everything and everyone in front of her without them.NO SOCIAL SKILLS
- Cyclops has a significantly poor understanding of peoples emotions. And, she is not good at reading people's moods. So, the wrong words come out of her mouth a lot. She's an authoritarian, and that doesn't go over well with her peers. COMPLETELY HUMAN BODY
- compared to the concussive force of her power. Cyclops is fragile, and one good strong blow to the head could kill her, let alone take her out of the fight. She's broken a number of bones sparring with Wolverine, and the other x-men in the mansion. In addition, Cyclops' physical punch,even if she were in peak condition would do very little harm. Staying in shape comes easily to her, and her muscles were meant to be toned. But, she also works out too hard, and she's blown muscles just from working out for too long.HEROINE COMPLEX
- Salem will always help some one who needs it. This can lead her into rocky situations, surrounding by hostiles. This can also keep Cyclops from completing missions. This can also have Salem walk right into a trap. She defends the innocent compulsively, and it's not always a good thing.SKILLS: TAEKWONDO:
- Professionally trained, loses most fights hand to hand, still to young to be entirely effective.EXPANSIVE EXPERTISE IN HISTORY:
- Previously emphasized, Salem specializes in Medieval Era combat.HISTORY:
Salem was the first of two children born to Major Christopher Summers, a test pilot for the US Airforce. Salem once had a younger brother named Alex. They were each born in Anchorage. However, neither of them have any memory of this, no memory of their parents or each other. Salem knows very little of her birth and how she came to be. Salem grew up in a sequence of orphanages. In this life, Salem was not Salem. Salem was Arienette Heller.
Arienette/Salem had always felt like an outcast. Her eyes were so bright that they made people uncomfortable. Her sense of pride, and posture made her peers resent her. Still, she took on a role of leadership, having stood up for those being bullied, and tattling on the kids who were becoming real problems. Salem avoided fight other kids, and she idolized the adults around her, ever hungry for parental guidance, and never finding it. Life was not glorious, it was a specific level of brutal loneliness and a lack of guidance. Some of Salem's brothers and sisters would break the rules in order to explore the world around them. But, they would always come back, and their stories were entirely unimpressive. Most of them sounded fake.
In Salem's teen years, things got especially strange. She had changed into a new orphanage in Connecticut, and severe headaches started to develop. She had outcast herself again by immediately narking a small drug ring in the orphanage. Then, the head aches started. Then, she started to wake up on the ground outside. Then, her clothes would be wet with urine for no reason. Then she was made fun of for her lanky shape. Then came the physical taunting. Two years turned into Salem's own private hell.
When Salem was sixteen, she had been on a trip to New York with her orphanage supervisor, Salem walked across a construction site to avoid the taunting and teasing of her classmates. Her goal was to detour through the construction to escape the 'field trip'. Once away, she could enjoy New York without being ridiculed. The feeling of loneliness took over at that point, and her optic beam activated. The blast damaged a metal crane causing it to fall towards an onlooking crowd. Salem tried to think as quickly as possible, unleashing a second blast that destroyed the crane. The crowd had believed to think that this was an act of violence, and had formed a lynch mob. Charles Xavier, luckily nearbye during the event arrived to help Salem. He had to erase the crowd's memories, something that took convincing. This is when he told Salem her real name, and influenced her to come study at his school. Salem, hence, ran away from the orphanage, taken in by Charles Xavier. Living at the school, and working forward from that point only came naturally.
EDIT- um, I like the fact that this Cyclops is not Xaviers original student, but if the timeline insists on it, it wouldn't destroy the character, as long as she's still 19. :)