You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 11:21:44 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Doomtown Reloaded (Still Recruiting)  (Read 3722 times)

Offline consortium11

Re: Doomtown Reloaded
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2014, 09:16:16 AM »
And of course, it gives me a chance to bust out my trailer...

I did have a better version done but it died with my old computer and trying to transfer it became an exercise in frustration. That said I think I'm better at making them now, so touch wood I should be able to do another version if people are interested.

Offline Josietta

• ♥ The Sweet Lil Heartbreaker of E™ ◦ Princessa ◦ BabyCakes ◦ | Minx | SisterKitten | ~ MC Wifey ~ ✨ Ely's Bestie Babe ✨ ♥ Jewel ♥ ֍ Babygirl ֍
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2014, 09:24:15 AM »
Hiyas chloe!! Hi there Mr Consortium, Fancy meeting you here! ;)

Offline consortium11

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2014, 09:27:17 AM »
I get around *nudge nudge, wink wink*  :-)

Offline Josietta

• ♥ The Sweet Lil Heartbreaker of E™ ◦ Princessa ◦ BabyCakes ◦ | Minx | SisterKitten | ~ MC Wifey ~ ✨ Ely's Bestie Babe ✨ ♥ Jewel ♥ ֍ Babygirl ֍
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2014, 09:32:10 AM »
*giggles* I can see that!  ^-^

Offline esclavage

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2014, 09:39:33 AM »
I get around *nudge nudge, wink wink*  :-)

He does.  I can testify to that.   ;D. Now, let me go and hide before Mr. Sinnet comes callin'...

Marguerite + Whateley = deviltry.

Sort of an inside joke with Ciosa/Sindra there

Do tell, do tell.  Inside jokes are always meant to be shared.  ;)

But on a more serious note, does Ciosa or Sindra have any thoughts to share on the game time?  I remember there was the issue of writers getting out of sync and needing to wait for others to catch up.  Do we have a more definite  way of handling that sort of thing?

Offline xSnorkleRainbow

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2014, 10:03:23 AM »
I'd really love to reuse Annabel, if that's alright (:

- Rainbow ♥

Offline Josietta

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2014, 10:28:17 AM »
I'm gonna send you guys a PM with some questions on my idea for Ms Emmeline. ;)  I definitely have an idea running for it.

Offline auroraChloe

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2014, 10:51:50 AM »
Hiyas chloe!! Hi there Mr Consortium, Fancy meeting you here! ;)

hey there, baby duck.   ;)

But on a more serious note, does Ciosa or Sindra have any thoughts to share on the game time?  I remember there was the issue of writers getting out of sync and needing to wait for others to catch up.  Do we have a more definite  way of handling that sort of thing?

i'm under the impression that characters wanting involvement in main game events/threads are committing to posting minimum 2x's / week.  i kind of wish we could also put on a max posting as well as too many makes it difficult to follow all the story, and for me personally, sucks the joy out of the game.  if the caliber of writing is any where near the first go round, i don't really want to be skipping whole parts of it.   

Offline SGTDan

• Redneck, Gentleman, Lore's Cowboy, The Shifters Outlaw
  • Permabanned
  • Seducer
  • Blood,Sweat and Beer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2014, 10:58:30 AM »
My god this was a popular game apparently. No pressure for the new guy.

Offline Mister Grimm

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2014, 11:09:05 AM »
After considering it, I think I'll be bringing Alex back haha. Thought about bringing in a new guy, but want to give him another shot.
Will we be able to make another character later in the game if we decide to kill off/send away the main one? Like putting them on a long bus, never to return lol.

Offline Josietta

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2014, 11:22:20 AM »
My god this was a popular game apparently. No pressure for the new guy.

I'm new to the game too darlin! No worries ;)

hey there, baby duck.   ;)

How are you sweetness?

Offline auroraChloe

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2014, 11:34:32 AM »
I'm new to the game too darlin! No worries ;)

How are you sweetness?

good good, sneaking in some keyboard time, though all the 'clicking' has already been mentioned.   ::)
freaking guy; i need to get a new soundless one on order quick.

Offline CiosaTopic starter

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2014, 11:52:56 AM »
First, a quick request:  Please bold questions to the GMs, just so we don't lose anyone.

Welcome to new faces and old!

One of the differences this time around is we're intending to make more use of an arc-based system.  We tried using it on a large scale with Something Wicked, but that didn't work out like we'd hoped.  Instead, we're going to use the Gazette as a clearing house for adventures.  Players can post requests - (I'm hunting me a Maze Dragon!) - and we'll also be putting up arcs regularly that are tied to the major factions.  Arcs will be 1-4 players, and on each arc we'll post a few general things so you have a rough idea what you'll be getting into.  For post in the sandbox areas - there is no requirement.  Some people post slower than others, so if you're looking to run a scene with someone, ask about their posting rate.  If other people are running a scene, even if its open, it is polite to 'knock' first in OOC or PM.  (If your character is just strolling by and observes them in conversation but doesn't include themselves in the scene, that's different.)  If you are crawling up the walls to write and want someone who can commit to ten posts a day, you ought to communicate that as well.

Within arcs - with multi-player arcs, we are asking for one of two solutions:  Either be willing to reply within 24 hours when it is your 'turn,' or sign up with a group of similar-rate posters who all agree to waive this timetable.  That said, we are only allowing players to commit to one arc at a time.  (These are GM run, and our time is limited.)  We also may not be running arcs for everyone all the time.  It's my goal to keep 1-2 player generated arcs in play all the time, and one arc for each of the major factions.  There is no requirement to sign up for an arc - they'll offer in game benefits, but they are not a requirement to playing the game.  (And if you're crazy busy in RL, it might not be the best time to sign up for one.)

Will we be able to make another character later in the game if we decide to kill off/send away the main one? Like putting them on a long bus, never to return lol.

No, if your character dies or leaves Gomorra, I will send Cthulu to your house to eat you, the player.

Just kidding.  No, of course you can choose to change characters.  If the game goes on for a while, we may consider a 'reincarnation' system that will allow people to recoup part of their accrued bounty in a new character.  (Particularly if they had a dramatic death which was an excellent conclusion to a story and generated new game yumminess.)

Offline Loves

• Passion is a feeling of great intensity toward a particular person or activity. To love something or someone with a passion means you feel almost a burning drive to be involved. Loves; passionate by nature and by choice, driven to explore my imagination.
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2014, 12:00:06 PM »
When would you like the character sheets in?

Offline Josietta

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2014, 12:01:15 PM »

good good, sneaking in some keyboard time, though all the 'clicking' has already been mentioned.   ::)
freaking guy; i need to get a new soundless one on order quick.

Darn guys!  Tell him to put in some earplugs! ;D

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2014, 12:04:42 PM »
When would you like the character sheets in?

There's no particular due date - and if you need help doing the numbers for character creation, shoot me a PM.  We probably won't be attempting to go live for at least a week - and that will likely just be opening the sandbox, and a new OOC.  Arcs will be coming later.

Offline Loves

• Passion is a feeling of great intensity toward a particular person or activity. To love something or someone with a passion means you feel almost a burning drive to be involved. Loves; passionate by nature and by choice, driven to explore my imagination.
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2014, 01:07:53 PM »
There's no particular due date - and if you need help doing the numbers for character creation, shoot me a PM.  We probably won't be attempting to go live for at least a week - and that will likely just be opening the sandbox, and a new OOC.  Arcs will be coming later.

Thank you :)  I will certainly take you up on your offer to help.

Claiming Penelope Cruz for my charater :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 02:15:59 PM by Loves »

Offline Michael Corvus

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2014, 02:27:40 PM »
I'd really love to be a part of this game. Would it be okay if I joined?

Offline xSnorkleRainbow

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2014, 02:36:49 PM »
Yeah, definitely bringing back Annabel.

Just letting people know that her face claim is Kate Upton.

- Rainbow ♥

Offline Untamed Skies

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2014, 02:53:20 PM »
I'd like to be apart of this game myself. It's really caught my interest

Offline Sindra

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2014, 02:55:44 PM »
I'd like to be apart of this game myself. It's really caught my interest

Most excellent, Untamed Skies.  Ciosa and I know that there's a lot of information on the wiki so if you have any questions about character creation or anything else, please feel free to send us a PM.

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2014, 03:12:13 PM »
I'd really love to be a part of this game. Would it be okay if I joined?

PM sent.

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2014, 03:20:31 PM »
I'm going to be putting up a brand spankin' new OOC later, so that people can put up face claims.

Please note:  Players with previous characters will have first dibs on faces, and pre-established NPCs in the old doomtown threads and on the wikis will keep their appearances.  I'll compile a list of the people who's faces have been 'used,' for quick reference, but it's a lower priority.  For now, if you have a face in mind, you may want to jump on claiming it here.

Offline auroraChloe

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2014, 03:22:07 PM »
Jaelyn will have the same face :  Anni Jürgenson  Barbara Palvin

sorry about the mix up! 

this face :

with this character profile image:

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:08:24 PM by auroraChloe »

Offline Untamed Skies

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2014, 03:22:40 PM »
So I guess while I still can I'm going to lay a stake on