You're both wrong.
The TEA Party is concerned with taxes and spending issues. Social Conservatism in the TEA Party is on a Bring Your Own Lunch level.
If you see or hear crazy such rhetoric from TEA Party members, please note that they likely do not represent anyone but themselves, and not the rest of the TEA Party.
I consider myself aligned with the TEA Party on most things. Yet I am obviously not a Social Conservative?
Do you agree with the following statements?
1. The entire wellfare system should be done away with or retooled and restricted because the vast majority of those on it abuse it.
2. Non-white immigration into the country is a serious threat to national security.
3. A woman should keep her legs closed if she doesn't want to get pregnant, and if a rape got her pregnant she obviously secretly wanted it.
4. Affirmative action is an example of 'political correctness gone haywire'.
5. Feminists need to shut their damn mouths and get back in the kitchen.
6. Education is not half so important as beefing up the military. America is constantly under threat, you see.
If you answered yes to any or all of these, congratulations! You're not only a Teatard, you're a terrible person!