You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 21, 2021, 08:40:41 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Hemingway's Collected Ideas [primarily f/f]  (Read 168 times)

Offline HemingwayTopic starter

Hemingway's Collected Ideas [primarily f/f]
« on: December 22, 2020, 08:43:29 AM »

Welcome!

It's December 2020, and after a year or more of struggling to write anything at all, my muse is back with a vengeance - so much so that I thought it might be a good idea to create a thread where I can gather all my ideas, rather than spread them out across a number of separate threads. My goal here is to maintain this thread and update it as new ideas and inspiration come to me.

I recently did a complete rewrite of my o/os, which you can find by clicking here (you can also find my o/os matrix by clicking here). As such, I won't bore you with my entire biography here. The short version is I'm Hemingway, and I've been a roleplayer for nearly 20 years. These days, I'm primarily interested in f/f stories, or some variation thereof. I actually can't remember the last time I played a straight male character - it's an experience that's fairly familiar to me, so writing it isn't all that interesting to me. I also find myself playing a lot of 'older' characters - which in this context means 30+ - usually opposite younger ones (late teens - early twenties). It's by no means a requirement, and I'm always open to trying new (and old) things - but the ideas I share will usually contain some element of that.

With that brief introduction out of the way, I'm almost ready to skip ahead to the ideas. I just want to quickly mention that this is by no means an exhaustive list of what I want - I love to be surprised with something unexpected. So, if you see this thread or my o/os and you're interested, but none of the ideas I've posted quite hit the mark - don't be afraid to message me regardless. I promise I won't be upset.

The Ideas.

Queen of Metal

Quote from: Queen of Metal

I was listening to some Arch Enemy earlier, and it occurred to me that Alissa White-Gluz is no longer an up-and-coming twenty-something. She's an absolute queen of metal; talented, gorgeous, and with an absolutely magnetic stage presence. Which made me wonder why I haven't written her yet. Or, not her - I don't really do that. But someone deceptively like her. The answer is dead simple: I never thought about it.

So - she is a metal singer, and closer to 40 than 30. Who's the other woman? Well, it could basically be anyone - a younger fan, an up-and-coming singer. A new band member? We can discuss this. I do have a completely dorky and somewhat adorable angle on this, though. If this isn't for you, don't worry - it's just where my mind went, and I thought it was an interesting take on a fairly common trope. But, I've teased and qualified enough. Here you have it:

The singer has a daughter (or son, let's be fair - it's not really important to the story, though it could be). The daughter has a friend, who develops a crush on the singer. There's the old trope - which can be dropped, but one thing at a time. The twist - if you can really call it that - is how it develops: Through Dungeons & Dragons, or something similarly geeky. Long story short, the singer somehow joins in a game with the daughter and her friends. She may have played years ago, and besides that she's cool - whatever the daughter thinks. Certainly, one of the others at the table ends up thinking so - and things develop from there. Alternatively, the players can be strangers - but I feel like that misses some of the potential drama and secrecy that follows from these people being known to each other.

... that's all for now! If any of this sounds interesting to you, don't hesitate to message me - and don't forget to watch for the 'New' tag.

to do (ignore this, or don't!):
  • add pictures to entice people
  • improve layout
  • ??