True Crime | Recruitment Thread

Started by Sethren, August 23, 2022, 11:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethren

♠ Nɪᴄᴏ ♠ Fᴏx Lᴏᴋɪsᴏɴ ♠ Sᴇᴛʜʀᴇɴ ♠

We present to you, True Crime!

A real life group game set in modern day New York City within the criminal underworld.

Our goal? To truly test the limits of the Extreme Board (in a fun way of course, abiding E's rules), bringing to you raw and sinister grit that will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and your toes curl! This game is as the name suggests, all about true crime in the world we live in.

It is about survival, manipulation and conquest!

Can your character hack it?

Come find out!

~ Inspiration

The title of 'True Crime' was inspired by the GM's shared love of crime shows. And so there is no mistaking what the game is about: Darkness, sex, violence & death.
Disclaimer ~

This is the [EX] Board. Everything that is within Elliquiy rules can and probably will happen. If you are not comfortable with real gritty stuff, blood, violence, torture, rape, etc. Please do NOT join.

You have been warned~

True Crime is set in modern day New York City, New York. A deliciously dark slice of life game for fellow extreme writers. Full of crime and debauchery that will surely boggle the imagination! So if violence and passion is your niche, step right in and join the mayhem. Just be careful, you might get a little lost in the blissful chaos...

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

What Can You Play?!

There is a slew of options of what you can play in True Crime.

If you're interested in criminals, we have...

Everything from big mafias such as ones from Italian, Albanian and Israeli origin to paramilitary mercenaries and outlaw biker gang anarchists. We also have small, street gangs. One of them is entirely male run, made of young Italians and the other is entirely of young women who are working the street with illegal prostitution.

Curious? Check out our factions below!

⸺⸺⸺⸺

Major Factions

✦   Sacra Corona Unita - A powerful Italian Mafia nestled in the heart of Manhattan and also the focal point of the games overarching plots given their involvement in the War. Their previous leader, Roberto DiStefano was the mad and craven mastermind behind the War.
⸺⸺⸺⸺

✦   The Ravens - An outlaw Biker Gang in the Bronx who've grown to be located in several states over the years, their High Kingdom and stronghold being right here in New York City. Similar to the SCU they are the focal point of the games overarching plot.
⸺⸺⸺⸺

✦   Lo Mejor - An organized group of smugglers in Queens who help immigrants into the country in order to escape from their own. And when it isn't people they're helping, it's guns and merchandise they're moving to wherever it'll be most profitable.
⸺⸺⸺⸺

✦   Achdut Mishpacha - An Israeli Mafia situated in Staten Island who are involved in the gambling world. They are also unwittingly suspected of being involved with the current random acts of violence in the city. Violence that almost turned Sacra Corona Unita, the Overlords and the Ravens outright against them due to suspicion.
⸺⸺⸺⸺

✦   The Hellhounds - A newformed group in Brooklyn who are led by members of an Albanian Mafia who focus on crimes in the Black Market, Smuggling and Illegal fighting. Though new to the city, they are fierce in reputation.
⸺⸺⸺⸺

✦   The Overlords - A paramilitary group within the Bronx who are close allies, even family to the Ravens. Who have been the rock, and foundation of keeping them afloat after the terror of the War in New York.
⸺⸺⸺⸺

✦   Fifth Day Syndicate - Another Israeli Mafia from New Jersey - originally pushed out of the city when Roberto DiStefano was slain, and his brother, Lorenzo took over. Design drugs, human trafficking and experiments are done by this group.
⸺⸺⸺⸺

✦   The Red Hands - An organized group of thieves and 'criminals for hire' spread out throughout New York City though their base of power is located in Hoboken New Jersey. This Guild doesn't ally itself to anyone and is completely neutral.
Minor Factions

●   Sons of Mayhem - A street gang in Manhattan controlled by Sacra Corona Unita who use them to enact their will and force throughout Manhattan.

●   The Scarpinato Famiglia - An old and powerful Italian family in Manhattan associated with both Sacra Corona Unita and La Costra Nostra mafias.

●   Los Zetas - A branch of a Mexican cartel, who are expanding out from Manhattan to other places in New York City such as Queens. A powerful ally to Sacra Corona Unita.

⸺⸺⸺⸺

And if criminals aren't up to your speed, we do welcome non-criminals and in fact at this point in the game are encouraging more civilians to be made.

The Story So Far...
The city of New York is dominated by The War. Starting October 27th, 2009, NYC was plunged into a violent conflict. The head of Sacra Corona Unita in NYC, Roberto DiStefano, declared war upon the arriving outlaw bikers, the Ravens, after they failed to heed his warning and leave the city he called home. Tensions simmered for months, then, come October, a clash between Ravens and SCU resulted in deaths on both sides, and turned the stalemate into a full blown War.

The conflict raged on for three years, leaving both Ravens and SCU devastated. Reinforcements flocked to both sides, newcomers filling slots of their still-warm dead brethren. The NYPD were all but helpless to stop the conflict. In the final months, even civilians weren't safe from the violence. It was no longer a war for control of NYC, but a war to utterly eliminate the other, once and for all.

It would peak with the bloody death of Tristan Evergarden, King of the NYC Ravens. In January of 2012, he vanished, only for his mutilated corpse to be found dangling in a Bronx park. Enraged, his older brother, Beau Evergarden - High King and founder of the Ravens - came to NYC to get revenge for his brother's murder.

The War would rage for two more years, until finally, Roberto's father, Il Padrino, would send his younger son to deal with Roberto once and for all. Hand in hand with his wife, Donatella, Lorenzo DiStefano would lure and murder his brother on November 18th, 2014, bringing an end to the War once and for all.

However, this would not end tensions. While the next year saw the War grind towards an eventual end, the Ravens - and particularly Beau Evergarden - felt cheated of their vengeance. With both sides mourning the loss of their brothers and sisters, and no true resolution for all the pain caused, resentment built. Both sides placed a ban on their people, prohibiting them from entering the enemy's borough, as an attempt to prevent the conflict from flaring up again.

It wouldn't be until January 23rd, 2022, that this ban was finally lifted, and Ravens and SCU began to talk once more. With an outbreak of violence in the city that seemed intent on restarting the War, both sides have come to question who wants them to fight once more. Beau Evergarden and Lorenzo DiStefano have made a peace in the interim, determined to stick to their oaths and stop any future Wars before they start.

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

True Crime's titular conflict is the War between the Ravens and Sacra Corona Unita. Though it's over, even the slightest attempt to stoke the flames is taken seriously. Simmering tensions between the factions have dragged every other faction in the area into it. Even the mayor's office, the NYPD, and the justice system have become part of this affair, all with one goal in mind - stop the War from breaking out again. It was beyond devastating, and left NYC scarred as a result.

Several recent attacks on the Sacra Corona Unita have been pinned on the Ravens, and many suspect this is an attempt to restart the War. Everyone is on high alert as they try to figure out who is doing this, and why.

What people don't know, is that the shootings were only the beginning of a much deeper and sinister plot than could ever be fathomed.

There will be more blood, death and destruction on a scale no one is prepared for.

And neither outlaw force or justice can stop it - alone....

(You can click on the map or calendar to enlarge the image!)

The Map will show you the territories that are laid out across New York City and who owns it along with a very plain jane explanation of what that 'faction' is involved in. There is potential for more territories and factions, just bring your ideas to the GM's!

Always keep an eye on this when in play, for your characters safety and well being!

Currently our in game month is February of 2022, and characters are weary from last months events in Manhattan! The calendar will hold dates, and weather that was forecasted in New York City. It may also hold important notes about events that occur in the month that should be taken notice of.

Keep an eye on dates and times when planning posts, as well as an eye on the notes. All of these will tell you what's going on in the game at this time.

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

Game Rules

●   The Golden Rule - Be Kind, considerate & respectful! Treat others how you want to be treated.

●   Consideration - Please consider people's On's & Off's, ask before you go into a sexual, violent & non-consensual scene with them.

●   Activity - We do not demand rigorous activity but if you hold a main plot driving character/position, we will look for more activity than usual. Just let us know if you need to take an absence, we'll work around your needs!

●   Metagaming - Do Not Godmod or Metagame! Everything on a character sheet is OOC knowledge, unless established between players. Your character does not know everything you read.

●   Character Death - No character will be killed or harmed without the player/writers consent.

Character Rules

●   Age - All characters and faceclaims must be verifiably over 18. We follow E rules on this - if you can't tell, and the person's age isn't documented anywhere, don't use the face. Err on the side of caution.

●   Concept - While it can be a lot of fun to play the biggest baddest person, those are very rare characters. The game won't be filled with violent murderers and prostitutes. Get creative with your concept - the GMs and players are here to help.

●   Consequences - All characters in this game can be hurt or killed. While no one is allowed to kill your character without consent, if you put them in significant danger repeatedly, you incur the risk associated. Be mindful of this when you build your character, and build according to the play you want!

●   Character Limit - We have none, but do have an activity requirement. More on this below!

Content Rules

●   Trigger Warnings - These are mandatory. No negotiations.

●   TW in Posts - These are put in the "Content" line, and must be put in a shade of red if they are violent/graphic/sexual/triggering. Severe content goes to Adult or Extreme Zone.

●   TW in Sheets - Some backstories are graphic. That's life in a game like this. There's a Trigger Warning line in our history section you must fill out. If your history has nothing triggering, put "N/A". However, a sheet will not be approved without that red line.

●   A Final Note - This game encourages dark and difficult material. However, we are not the characters, with such things thrust on us without warning - we're players, and it's our job to consider the impact we have on one another. Always be considerate!

So, have we tickled your fancy yet? Are you squirming in your seat, chomping at the bit to join? Go ahead and send us a PM with your character sheet if you'd like!

You may also join our discord server if you'd rather plot and discuss things there in regards to your joining the game.

Just reach out and ask a GM about it!
                           I am accepting quilt commissions right now to make ends meet.

Sethren

All of the official game information and threads will be added at some point later this week. For now, we only have the Recruitment Thread active as we finish construction on the game and allow others to join as well as pitch forth ideas they'd like to contribute to the overall game itself.

Sethren

Sprawls out in the new space lazily with a sleepy yawn.

I've done ALL THE THINGS. Just gonna pass out now? LOL

The Handbook is live for anyone curious about it! And so is the area where people will be posting their Character Apps - just please do not post them up until you've PMed a GM for approval! Thank youuuu <3

Clio

Hmm...I'll need to see if I can come up with a character that fits into this world.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Sethren

Oooooooooh! We would be most happy to have you, Clio! <3

CurvyKitten

This makes me so happy! Welcome to everyone taking a peek at our little game.

As it says we are really looking to have this be a gritty game, no silly drama but true to real life and the crimes and everything that happens because of it all. So if you are looking for true crimes, grit, realness this is the place for you. Here you actions will shape the world, and have consequences as well. This will be a game that doesn't pull back punches. But as scary as it sounds, it will be a place that welcomes everyone and every lifestyle. And I swear we a great bunch of folks! We will help you with your character to make sure they will fit within the world.

So Welcome! Come on in! The water is fine!

~Leaves tempting cooking and the promise of rp goodness behind to you all in~

Sethren

Hehehe, couldn't have said it better myself, Curvy! 💖

Mwhahahaha!!

And we already have a potential set up for two Kingpins to fight over the illegal gun trade...Dun Dun dunnnn!

Writersblockade

I respect the fact that characters can die here for the things they've done. I'll have to give it some thought.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Sethren

Quote from: Writersblockade on August 23, 2022, 09:43:18 PM
I respect the fact that characters can die here for the things they've done. I'll have to give it some thought.

Why hello there! Yes, please do and if you need help coming up with any ideas - we are happy to brainstorm with you!

Juggtacular

You said Staten Island is up for grabs? If that's still the case, I have an idea for a Black/PoC organization operating out of the island who would probably handle all major illicit activities on the island proper and be allegedly tied to assassinations and stuff as well.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Juggtacular on August 24, 2022, 12:16:04 AM
You said Staten Island is up for grabs? If that's still the case, I have an idea for a Black/PoC organization operating out of the island who would probably handle all major illicit activities on the island proper and be allegedly tied to assassinations and stuff as well.

Hey Juggtacular!

As of right now Timeless was working on a character to be the boss of Staten Island as well. Not that we aren't open to the idea of dividing the territory and having a rivalry going on. There is plenty of possibilities in this game. :) I actually encourage you to hop on the discord server to plot, which is normally easier to plot with Everyone and interlink stories.  But having that sort of tension is totally possible, and part of what we are going for in this game.

Hope that helps Hun and welcome to our little corner of the world,

Curvykitten

Sethren

Quote from: Juggtacular on August 24, 2022, 12:16:04 AM

Ohhhhhhhhh, I need dis to happen. This sounds so fun!

Timeless

-plants flag and puffs chest out!-

... I see, I come... and the bromance shall continue! Huzzaaaaahh!!

Wolfling72

Quote from: Timeless on August 24, 2022, 03:37:47 AM

You be having da BEST bromances.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Nico

Quote from: Timeless on August 24, 2022, 03:37:47 AM

Quote from: Wolfling72 on August 24, 2022, 04:15:47 AM
You be having da BEST bromances.

Okay. Not really like this but the gif is funny!  XD Don't blame me!

Sethren

LocusVonErich

I’m planting a flag of interest, I’m going to jump into the Discord to bounce some ideas, see what I can come up with.

Sethren

Quote from: LocusVonErich on August 24, 2022, 12:20:14 PM
I’m planting a flag of interest, I’m going to jump into the Discord to bounce some ideas, see what I can come up with.

EXCITED TO HAVE YOU!

Sethren

WOWZA!

Never anticipated so much interest in True Crime! I am speechless!

We've got two factions working side by side in the Bronx, competing with Manhattan and possibly a new fella in town looking to be a Kingpin of a Borough! gonna murder everybody with avocado's I swear

Got some strippers, a Medical Examiner whose obstructing the law and possibly a cop to torment and tempt! And now, we have a neutral zone!

SO MUCH HAPPENIING!!!

And to think, there is still room for so much more. So come on in!

Heartsink

Juggtacular

Quote from: Heartsink on August 24, 2022, 05:14:54 PM
I relate to that fox

also, tentatively interested

I relate to this fox.  XD

Sethren

I relate to that fox

I do toooo.

Sorry that I missed this! Was finishing up work but I see Juggs took care of ya with a greeting lolol.

If it would be easier to explore more via discussion, we have an OOC thread and a discord I can message you the links for! <3

Hope to have you with us!

Nico

I relate to that fox

~waves~
Hey there! Good to see you back from your Hiatus! :-)

Sethren

I relate to that fox

Oh yes, if you were on hiatus, welcome back! <3

Heartsink

Hello and thank you  :-)

I had something in mind for a character:

The leader of a predominantly Asian street gang based in Flushing, Queens that would recently become affiliated with Queens Gambit (i.e. fall under the umbrella of, like a subsidiary, I'm not sure of the proper nomenclature in English)

Would that be feasible?