The Boys: Off the Rails [Extreme, Supers, Parody, Interest Check] S3 SPOILERS!

Started by firepyre, June 11, 2022, 06:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firepyre

Quote from: RainyHigh on June 14, 2022, 09:26:39 PM
Like others said there are waaay too many possibilities but I was hovering around the idea of either a toned-down version of Magneto/Polaris OR something similar to Dupli-Kate but with way more limitations.
BUT I wanted to know is there already a version of those characters in the comics?
I don't recall them in the show... but I could be so very wrong.

I'm not too worried if there's already a cannon character in the comic verse, TBH, I haven't even read them, so go ham. It's not like supes with similar powers don't exist either, so I'm fine with powers being similar to the series, as long as it's not (for example) literally a homelander clone. One homelander is already more than enough. Zero would be preferable.

I'm currently working up a character for myself, with Rami Malek as the face claim. His inspirations are the MIB, and Jesse Custer, aka Preacher. He'll be part of a team I'll be calling the Janitors, who will be responsible for cleaning up, and covering up y'all's messes. He should be up later today, or tomorrow at the latest, once I get approval from Totoro...

Speaking of which, I'm pleased to announce that Totoro will be a Co-GM for this game, to help ensure I don't go full megalomaniac, to be a voice of experience and reason, and do all the sorts of things a good GM should do. Totoro has a lot of experience, and I'm stoked to have them on board.

RainyHigh

Quote from: firepyre on June 14, 2022, 10:57:05 PM
Speaking of which, I'm pleased to announce that Totoro will be a Co-GM for this game, to help ensure I don't go full megalomaniac, to be a voice of experience and reason, and do all the sorts of things a good GM should do. Totoro has a lot of experience, and I'm stoked to have them on board.

Huzzah!

Also, thanks for the answer, will certainly go for a Polaris copy/parody then.  >:)

[removed text, updated in later post]
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently NOT open for solo stories
Rainy's Scene Tracker

firepyre

Looking good Rainy. Feel free to invent a few connections, as well as fill out how she might relate to other characters as they're added. I'll be borrowing from people's connections to help world build and populate minor characters. Also, I just want to point out... being pretty much human is not a weakness. It's definitely not a strength either, just the status quo. I'd love to see a couple more human weaknesses as well, in addition to the power limitations. Night Witch does drugs. The guy I'm about to post below idolizes his charming, yet psychopathic father. Anything that could be used against her by an enemy, or that Vought might use to keep her in line.

Anyway, Totoro has signed off on Zane, so here he is. He's the son of Wade Hayden, the head brass at the branch. I'll probably wind up doing up a sheet for Wade soon too, unless Totoro(or a player) decides they want to handle him. Zane's not supposed to be terribly likable, and mental manipulators tend to make people uncomfortable(rest assured, his powers are far from irresistible - I want to be very clear on that point), so don't feel like you guys are obligated to get along with him. I'll be disappointed if you don't bicker with him.

Zane Hayden
Zane Hayden
Basic Information
Name: Zane Hayden
Role: Janitor - Zane is responsible for dealing with heroes' fuck ups
Alias: - N/A
Parody of: Jessie Custer(Preacher), MIB
Sexuality: Straight
Height/Build: 5'9" Lean, almost scrawny
Hair/Eye Colour: Hazel
Faceclaim: Rami Malek
Notable Features: Tends to slouch, goes out of his way to appear unremarkable, gives off stalker vibes.

Personality & History

Personality: Unlike most supers, Zane's superpowers are a closely guarded company secret. They're far more effective if the general public are unaware of them. As a result though, Zane feels a very real degree of resentment towards his more famous peers, as he finds himself more often than not cleaning up their messes for them. He also has a complicated relationship with Vought, because while his powers are very useful for them, they also have the potential to be extremely problematic. No self respecting executive would ever make the mistake of spending time in the same rook as Zane without the insurance of CCTV, for instance, because memory simply should not be trusted where Zane is involved. Zane has a bit of a loner personality, partly because his powers make people uncomfortable, and partly because he's got a tendency to be straight up rude and abrasive. It's much easier to get away with being an asshole when you can mindfuck people.

Aspirations & fears: Zane wants to come out of the superhero closet. To be held up and adored, like the supes he sees all around him. To flaunt a beautiful superheroine girlfriend(or several even). At the same time though, he's absolutely terrified of coming out and fucking it up. Right now, it's only within Vought that he's reviled, and at least there, he's indispensable. Vought has kept him in line for years with the threat of publicly vilifying him. They might turn a blind eye to his more minor transgressions, but make no mistake, he is very much under their thumb. For now.

Official Backstory: As a Janitor, and a carefully guarded secret of Vought, not only does Zane not have an official backstory or record of powers, but Vought goes out of it's way to conceal them. Less officially, it's no great secret within the branch that he's Wade's son, and was quite instrumental in his father's rise within the company. His father was quick to put him to good use from an early age. A happy coincidence for his psychopath of a father, no doubt... If you believe in coincidences...

Defining Moments & Skeletons: Zane's been more or less brought up as a tool to further his father's career. His father isn't exactly the loving type, and Zane isn't really sure who his mother is. His father has a bit of a history of sleeping with the talent... He's not even entirely confident that Wade is his father. Sure, for him, it wouldn't be hard to find out... but Zane isn't sure what would be worse. That Wade really is his father, or that that too was just another of his father's many schemes.

In any case, Wade has certainly managed to rub off on Zane. He shares his fathers cold, cynical worldview, and somehow manages to both hate, and idolize his father at the same time... and that manipulative bastard isn't exactly the most upright role model.

Abilities

Superpowers:

• THE VOICE: Falling somewhere in the realm of mental manipulation, or perhaps hypnosis, Zane can use the Voice to influence people.

Used in the most direct sense, whoever hears(directly), and understands it will immediately attempt to do whatever he tells them to, though it works best with simple commands, and generally wears off in a matter of moments - The less someone is inclined to do what he tells them, the less effective it is... to the point where telling someone to go kill themselves is probably less effective than if his unpowered father were to say it. It's even less effective if people are expecting it. Hence why his powers are a carefully guarded secret.

The second use of the Voice is essentially akin to hypnosis. It really isn't any different to command, save that if he is given time, he can implant much stronger, and more complex suggestions, alter memories, and other such tricks. Again, this is very difficult to do against anyone who is aware of his powers and maintains an appropriate guard for it... but not impossible. Awareness is the key, here. The more reasonable the suggestion, the harder it is to resist. Many a hero has gotten halfway through a coffee run only to come to their senses, and realise that they've been put up to it by fucking Zane again. Talk to him at your own risk.

Equipment:

• HOODIE: Zane can typically be found skulking around in his trademark hoodie. Not really a piece of equipment, it's still about the most distinctive thing he wears, as it does a good job of obscuring his identity without drawing undue attention.
  • THE RAPE VAN: Nicknamed the Rape Van, Zane and his cronies respond to incidents in this. People go in, and when they come out, it's like nothing ever happened. Bodies, evidence, memories... If you ever wondered how Vought gets away with it... the answers are in that van.

Skills:

• POLYGLOT: Zane speaks almost every major language with some degree of fluency, and can speak soild pidgin of many others. His father made sure of that, mostly at the expense of Zane's childhood.
  • CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Zane is extremely used to cleaning up after other people's messes. He's seen it all, is more or less immune to trauma at this point, and is well versed in dealing with the aftermath heroes tend to leave in their wake.
  • PSYCHOTHERAPY: It might be a little much to call it actual psychotherapy, but Zane can repress undesired memories, and alter mindsets. More than one "Hero" has utilized his talents for a little "therapy" to help them forget things. And many of those are blissfully unaware they ever needed it.

Weaknesses:

• TUNING OUT THE NOISE: Zane needs to be heard and understood for his powers to work, and better still if they're not anticipating it. Suggestions built up over time tend to work better than direct commands, but it's nearly impossible to get anyone to do anything they genuinely object to. The more objectionable, the harder it tends to be.
  • JEALOUS OF FAME: Zane is surrounded by heroes. Even though he knows he can't have what they do, it doesn't mean he doesn't still lust after it. Zane rarely passes up an opportunity to berate and belittle a supe if given a chance. It's an inhouse joke that he keeps collateral down, simply because nobody wants to have to put up with his shit again.
  • INSECURE: When your words have the power to make people do whatever you tell them, you can never know is someone is actually your friend, or just thinks they are. As a result, Zane tends to push people away, and struggles a lot with feelings of isolation and loneliness.
  • LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON: Zane idolizes his utterly awful father. He understands better than most how terrible of a person his father is, but at the same time... How can you not admire his sheer confidence, his audacity? Many of Zane's bad habits stem  from a desire to emulate his father, even if he only openly displays his resentment.

Connections

Wade Hayden: Dear Ol' Dad. Also the Executive responsible for managing the branch, and keeping the talent in line. Their relationship has never been all that chummy, because Wade isn't that sort of man, nonetheless, he raised Zane, taught him how to survive in the fucked up place that Vought is, and shamelessly used him for his powers since almost before he can remember. Zane both hates and admires the man in equal measure. Indeed, most of Zane's flaws are probably Wade's fault one way or another, although Wade probably wouldn't consider them flaws anyway. Make no mistake, ruthlessness is a virtue.

The Janitors: A team of professional fixers whose role is to clean up after the heroes make a mess, deal with scandals, and handle all Wade's other dirty work. Zane mostly handles memory alteration, though he's see plenty of fucked up shit, and is no stranger to corpses. Usually, people want to forget. Trauma is like that, and it doesn't take much more of a nudge to get the job done. But every now and then... Well, it doesn't take... and that's just... Unfortunate.

Night Witch: Ahh, Daddy's favorite fucktoy. Zane is well aware of what goes on between those two. Hell, it wouldn't be wrong to say she's had a profound effect on his own sexuality. He's certainly fantasized about her. With his abilities, it probably wouldn't be hard. But somehow, it feels like he'd just be playing into his father's hands. Also she's fucking certifiable.

Extras

Theme Song:Wouldn't It Be Nice? (No, he doesn't actually have one... yet)

Corporate Sponsorships:
The bank of Mum and Dad. Or just Dad. One of the few perks to having an Exec for a father.

Player goals

To have a good time! My goals with Zane are pretty simple. He's there to undermine plans, get in the way, convince people to be their worst selves, and generally cause a few problems for you guys to overcome, when you're not busy coming up with your own. I'd be surprised if he survives the game, but hopefully he'll at least manage to get laid on his way to hell.

Ons and offs: Oddly enough, not mind control. It's a means to an end as far as I'm concerned, and I'd much prefer to avoid leaning into it too much(that goes for plots too). I'm not above a little mental conditoning, but no zombies, mmk? Zane would love to get his hands on a superheroine to use and abuse, preferably one that doesn't take too much coercion. Like his daddy, he's not a nice guy, and has a vested interest in sadism, bondage, and humiliation. In fact, I'd quite like to explore it becoming a competition between the two.

RainyHigh

Quote from: firepyre on June 15, 2022, 02:13:08 PM
Looking good Rainy. Feel free to invent a few connections, as well as fill out how she might relate to other characters as they're added. I'll be borrowing from people's connections to help world build and populate minor characters. Also, I just want to point out... being pretty much human is not a weakness. It's definitely not a strength either, just the status quo. I'd love to see a couple more human weaknesses as well, in addition to the power limitations. Night Witch does drugs. The guy I'm about to post below idolizes his charming, yet psychopathic father. Anything that could be used against her by an enemy, or that Vought might use to keep her in line.

Gotcha I'll edit the sheet with suggestions you posted here firepyre. ^_^

Edit: @Fireypre: Is it fine if I add a connection for Zane and Metalia. Perhaps she recalls him from cleaning up messes for the B(e) Humans. Perhaps even one of her accidents too? I can change the location of the city to where Zane is located if that makes sense? Does Zane's team travel all over North America or just based in one city?

@Foxy: I'd add a connection for Metalia, but Metalia has only been active as a superhero for one year. Am I safe to assume that Night Witch "retired" more than a year ago?

Edited CS So Far:
[moved to another recent post]
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Rainy's Scene Tracker

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: RainyHigh on June 15, 2022, 02:27:04 PM

@Foxy: I'd add a connection for Metalia, but Metalia has only been active as a superhero for one year. Am I safe to assume that Night Witch "retired" more than a year ago?

She unretired thanks to persuasion from Vought and has done a few missions for them since, so it's possible Metalia knows of her. Night Witch wasn't exactly A-list as Team Titanic was pretty much the fourth-string teen hero group and she was a civilian for a big chunk o' time.

firepyre

My preference is that all supes operate out of the same location, in order to facilitate mingling. Better still if you guys want to form your own team. But thats only a preference, there may be reasons why you'd rather not do that.

For the most part, you guys should be based in one fictional north american city. Let's call it Lutherton. You guys are primarily the local heroes, but you probably do the odd bit of PR work elsewhere. Zane is just the local cleaner; Vought has teams all over... And his talents are hardly unique. There's guys like him in every branch. Heroes would make way too much mess for him to deal with alone.

But yes, it makes sense for everyone to be familiar with him. Regardless of how the heroes might feel about him, they've almost certainly needed his services before. Even if a hero doesn't like him, they have a pretty good reason to tolerate him for the sake of maintaining their reputation.

Foxy DeVille

That's cool with me. Team Titanic was based out of Cleveland so Night Witch has had to relocate before.

RainyHigh

QuoteShe unretired thanks to persuasion from Vought and has done a few missions for them since, so it's possible Metalia knows of her. Night Witch wasn't exactly A-list as Team Titanic was pretty much the fourth-string teen hero group and she was a civilian for a big chunk o' time.

OK, perhaps they could have met in the past year at an event or two? That fine. Here is what I'll put for the official text:

Night Witch: Evy met Night Witch at a Vought event a few months ago. She loved her costume, make-up, and look and even asked her own stylist if she could go for a darker look, only to be shut down quickly. She admires Night Witch but has not had the chance to have a conversation with her yet.[/i]

Here is the proposal for Zane's official text:

Zane Hayden: Evy recalls him from cleaning up an accident (specifics not disclosed to the public). She was thankful for him at the time but didn't really have a conversation with him as she was trying not to have a mental breakdown. Her view of him is neutral/useful currently.

Foxy and Firepyre, let me know if those statements are OK?

QuoteFor the most part, you guys should be based in one fictional north american city. Let's call it Lutherton. You guys are primarily the local heroes, but you probably do the odd bit of PR work elsewhere. Zane is just the local cleaner; Vought has teams all over... And his talents are hardly unique. There's guys like him in every branch. Heroes would make way too much mess for him to deal with alone.

I will edit my CS again to include her recent move to "Lutherton". What state is that based in, or what city is it a parody of?

edit: updated CS without connections included, but can be added once okayed. other changes include her move to Lutherton.

[moved to character thread]
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Rainy's Scene Tracker

Writersblockade

I'm working on a Bane styled professional villain that'll keep giving the company a reason to love their supers!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

firepyre

Happy with how Metalia and Night Witch are looking, you guys can consider yourselves accepted, but feel free to tweak and update as other characters start to come in. I'll get a character thread up and start doing a final pass once we get a couple more sheets in.

The connection for Zane is fine, maybe a little bland, but he is a bit of a background character anyway.

@writersblocade
A Bane knock-off would be great, as would having our first pro villain. The Vought Villains department will be glad to have you onboard.

RainyHigh

QuoteThe connection for Zane is fine, maybe a little bland, but he is a bit of a background character anyway.
Oh yeah, it's my intention to keep connections very bland/vague at the start... that is, until character development and interactions actually happen.
I often update character sheets as the writing/game goes on with more details.

QuoteHappy with how Metalia and Night Witch are looking, you guys can consider yourselves accepted, but feel free to tweak and update as other characters start to come in. I'll get a character thread up and start doing a final pass once we get a couple more sheets in.
Woot! 🎊

Rainy's Ons and Offs
Rainy's Scene Tracker

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: RainyHigh on June 15, 2022, 04:17:46 PM
OK, perhaps they could have met in the past year at an event or two? That fine. Here is what I'll put for the official text:

Night Witch: Evy met Night Witch at a Vought event a few months ago. She loved her costume, make-up, and look and even asked her own stylist if she could go for a darker look, only to be shut down quickly. She admires Night Witch but has not had the chance to have a conversation with her yet.[/i]

That sounds okee dokee artichokee to me.

firepyre

@Foxy

Do you have any thoughts on what you'd like Wade Hayden to look like? I think he's going to be an important enough character to start fleshing out a bit.

pilgrimofpain

Faithgifter
The character is an evangelical faith healer with real, but unreliable powers, he mostly tours the christ circuit and heals ailing folks that come to his congregations
Name: Jotham Bates
Role: Faith healer and preacher
Alias: Faithmender
Parody of: Real life evangalists
Sexuality: Heterosexual(for the most part anyway)
Height/Build: Somewhat average build and height
Hair/Eye Colour: brown
Faceclaim: N/A (At least not yet
Notable Features: Hands that glow golden, and thanks to a dark tattoo of a crucifix on his palm, the light comes out to the shape of the cross.

Personality & History

Personality: Jotham spent most of his teen years having to pretend to profess a deep faith in Christianity he hasn’t truly had since his early teenage years, he is rather manipulative and self-serving, the faith he professes is a mask he rarely lets anyone peek under, and that mask is a zealous follower of Christ that uses his powers for the good of faithful Christians, but when the mask slips he is fairly greedy and egotistic

Aspirations & fears: Jotham simply wants to live his best life, meeting new people, socializing, eating well, and enjoying the finest amenities and entertainments, the freedom to do as he pleases. He dreads being outed as a non-believer, he has an inkling of how powerful and corrupt Vaught is but doesn’t have the full picture, he’s terrified the corporation will deem him more of a liability and make him disappear somehow, so he endeavors to seem like a useful idiot to more prestigious supers quite deliberately

Official Backstory: When a child was born and the doctors were absolutely assured that young Jotham would not live until the end of his first year, His mother prayed for hours every day, begging the Lord for his mercy, pledging both herself and the child as god’s most devoted servants on earth if he in his almighty wisdom allowed the boy to live. The child was so frail it could hardly cry, and modern medical science could do nothing in face of his terrible illness. Then on his very first Christmas, a TRUE miracle occurred, not only was the boy healed by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ the child was healed and saved, not only that but the child would grow up and through his faith in the lord become a great healer, capable of banishing illnesses on the likes of Leukemia and cancer. Through his faith, he would aim to Mend the world…..

Defining Moments & Skeletons: Jotham’s faith had always been on shaky grounds, but witnessing the debauchery of his fellow supers on the christ circuit truly broke it, but rather than act indignant, he thought that as long as everyone was exploiting the faith of others, he might as well gain the most of it, advertisement deals, book signings, faith-films, promos, but the one thing that Jotham has done that he is truly ashamed of is a recent development.

Jotham’s power is extraordinary as it is incapable of healing people in perpetuity, needing to rest periodically, and thus he has had to make decisions as to who he should heal, usually, this would be done either by his agent or he would make the choice based on whoever needed the healing more, but a few weeks ago, when a desperate mother charged into his hotel room to plead for the life of her young daughter. Jotham at first wanted to shoo her away, after all motivating this behavior would only lead to more stalkers and harassment.

Then she offered her body to him in exchange for healing her cancer-ridden daughter in a desperate act of begging. The temptation was too strong, and despite being sure it was wrong, he accepted. He hated himself for that act, but knows he wants more of the feeling he had as he took his pleasure from the woman who sold herself for the sake of her child´s life

Abilities

Superpowers: He can heal great ailments, for some inexplicable reason, his healing abilities are at their strongest while witnessed by a faithful crowd, He himself doesn’t fully understand why he can heal some ailments while he cannot others

• Voice Of The Lord: As he speaks to crowds, he elevates their religious faith, seemingly swaying sceptics and agnostics by his very presence to the undeniable strength of the lord, although at it’s most powerful while addressing crowds, even in private conversation people develop instincts towards appeasing Jotham and doing what he wants, this power is subtle and often Jotham isn’t even aware that he is using it, and he typically cannot sway people to do something they strongly oppose, he can rather easily erode reluctances to do as he asks

• Holy Healing Hand: His hands can give a gleaming golden light that when placed on the wounded or sick can heal great ailments and make even those on death’s door return to a healthy life, this power has been inconsistent, and whenever a faith healing has failed the go-to excuses of “the sick was not faithful enough” or the classic “god meant for it to be this way” go along to explain his failures, but he has cured cancer patients, children with leukemia, a case of Parkinson's and many serious life-threatening diseases.

• Shield Of Faith: While in a crowd of those that believe in his allegedly divine power, Jotham has experienced an incredible durability, often receiving incredible blows without so much as a scratch, Jotham avoids relying on it as the shield, like many of his abilities are rather unreliable.

Equipment: Jotham wears a pristine white  suit with a golden cross the top of which begins at his neckline and ends at his waist with a thin black outline, in his few outings as a more traditional superhero(usually only as a aid to a better known supe) He attempts to cow villains with his “faith” and healing whatever partner corporate has matched him up with

Skills:

• Persuasion: Jotham is incredibly charismatic and very capable in manipulating people to his own ends, whether that might be in speeches to crowds or in shady backroom deals.

• Biblical Lore: Despite having no faith in the almighty, having both a job and a power set reliant on the faith of those around him required him to study the bible rather deeply, he even has a degree in theology

• Event Organizer: Whether it be his sermons and faith healings, private parties, or work meetings, Jotham has a knack for knowing beforehand what people would like in them and providing as he sees fit. 

Weaknesses:

• No Combat Training: Jotham has had superhero outings as a wingman to a more traditional supe, but he doesn’t know how to throw a punch, he doesn’t know how to use a gun, nor is he particularly good at dodging incoming blows.

• Fear of being found out as a non-believer : He Is terrified that his followers will find out he has no faith in god, as it would cause him to lose all status, and possibly cause his superpowers to be close to worthless

Connections

Faithmender is a frequent appearance on the christ-circuit and is more or less on friendly terms with the likes of Ezekiel, Starlight, and other supes in that realm.

He did a promotional Medical Insurance Ad with Polaris, he greatly valued her professionalism on set.

Karl Cotton; is his agent and manages the majority of his appearances and projects including book deals, he is also the liaison between Faithmender and Vaught, often making appearances with supes that need or want to be seen as more Christian.

Extras

Theme Song: George Micheal’s “Faith”

Corporate Sponsorships:
A number of book publishers,, Insurance companies, Right-Wing Think-tanks, Right-Wing Media, a premium line of American-grown produce, and a premium high-end coffee company.

Player goals

To have fun as a corrupt and manipulative asshole who is trying to milk his posistion for all it’s worthwhile perhaps getting his eventual comeuppance

O/O are in my profile, if there are any notes or recommended amendments, let me know :)

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: firepyre on June 15, 2022, 07:40:51 PM
@Foxy

Do you have any thoughts on what you'd like Wade Hayden to look like? I think he's going to be an important enough character to start fleshing out a bit.

Hmmm.. Since he has an adult kid he'd be older. And since he's gotten busy with my character he should be hot.  >:)

So a silver fox type like Clooney or Brosnan. Maybe Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

Writersblockade

Rage
Basic Information
Name: Malik Irving
Role: Professional Villain
Alias: Rage
Parody of: Bane
Sexuality: Hetero
Height/Build: 6'4 240lbs normally
Hair/Eye Colour: Black/Brown
Faceclaim: Arran Aro
Notable Features: No Tattoos at all. Has surgically implanted inserts for his suit to feed him serum.

Personality & History

Personality: Malik was born to lose. Literally. Every victory and defeat in his life was finely crafted to give Vought the highest probability of creating a person with severe and almost constant thoughts of persecution. He has an eternal chip on his shoulder, and feels like he’s been served a great injustice. This creates a near constant need to lash out. Despite this, he’d been able to actually have a relationship with a very caring and understanding woman, who gave him fraternal twins and a reason to push harder for the better things in life. For their sake more than his own. But Vought needed a villain, and as such, they kept him as separated from them as possible. They barely even remember his face now. He’s lost himself to his own loneliness. Using the fights Vought set up to unleash himself. To be what they painted him to be. He’s fed a girl every now and then, like you’d give any good pet a treat. Sometimes he uses the serum with them…sometimes not. 

Aspirations & fears: Vought has their finger on his button, and the other on a kill team for his family. He needs to avoid that at all costs, and if that means giving the people what they want, then so be it.

Official Backstory: Rage was a prisoner at an institution that turned a blind eye to another company’s attempts to create competing heroes. Using prisoners as test subjects, they finally created a man capable of harnessing the power of the anger inside of him. Rage was born, and in his birth would come a new generation of heroes. But it was not to be. The chemicals used to create Rage were unstable and drove him to madness. Delusions of injustices that needed to be answered for were playing a constant loop in his mind, making him attack with cruelly calculated violence. Each destroyed building was a monument to his rejection of a world that imprisoned him unjustly! Each innocence but one body less than necessary to tip the scales. Through his rage, the city would be cleansed!

Of course, Vought will have documents and evidence surrounding the crimes he’s committed, and will release them often to solidify him as a crackpot. 

Defining Moments & Skeletons:

Has an actual family that Vought keeps under a microscope at all times. He keeps his mask on and plays his part, and they are able to find themselves benefactors of random sweepstakes…or grants…or scholarships. His kids will have the life he could never have, as long as he played his part.

Actually did kill someone before being a pro-villain. Vought had raised two people with the same powerset, and only needed one. He was the one.

Abilities

(This section is to add anything relevant to their heroics. Please feel free to format as you see fit. Be reasonable when describing these abilities. I would prefer you aim for loose hints of what they can do instead of specifcs, especially numbers. I firmly believe that it is more than okay for powers to fluctuate as the story needs and them doing so is often easy to explain.)

Superpowers: (Anything they can do that is beyond human capability.)

• Hypermind: Compound V made Malik smart. Beyond run of the mill intelligent. He was able to learn multiple languages and help assist in the creation of his own rage drug, but was used in a limited capacity for obvious reasons. His contributions to the formula are what keeps him able to employ increased rage while still remaining levelheadedness.
  • Super Strength: The serum only boosts what compound V did to him. Each boost makes him madder, and the more mad he gets, the stronger he gets
  • Durable: Vought knew what they were looking for. A man that could take a licking and keep on ticking. Without the serum he’s still able to take a serious beating. With it? Walking tank.
  • The Natural: Compound V made his body a completely efficient structure. His movements were fluid to the point of gracefulness, his reactions reminiscent of Bruce Lee. On the serum, he’s concerning. An apex predator that would smile at you as easily as punching you through a wall. Repeatedly.
Equipment:

• Super Suit: Rage wears a complete suit meant to represent everyone and no one. Truth is that Vought has a few spares to use for the character, so keeping him in a complete suit “to protect his identity” just works. The suit is meant to elicit fear and also turn his voice into a deeper, more menacing version of itself. The lightshow given to the color accents of the suit is to promote the idea that he’s pumping a highly dangerous substance into his body. The suit is meant to allow for expansion up to his current projected maximum at Vought.
  • The Serum: Serum Model 1134 is fed directly into the bloodstream through connections that had to be created on Malik, which required some doing. It pairs naturally with his body’s ability to convert an adrenaline dump into many times its normal power output.

Skills: (Anything related to being a hero that they are particularly good at. Includes 'peak human' but not superhuman physical traits, too, unless they were acquired by something other than normal training.)

• Tinkerer: Vought doesn’t like it, but sometimes it gets hard to get the kind of service the heroes get, so a man’s gotta fix shit every once in a while to keep the masquerade up!
  • Fighter: His fighting style is more brawler, but he combines it all to a potent problem for the unwary hero!
  • Tactician: Yeah, the shots get called by the producers running the show, but he’s had to go off-script so many times to save their asses, it’s laughable. He uses his skills to put him in a position to get caught or not, bringing the fight to where it needs to be, while fighting at full speed. About eighty-five to ninety percent of the time, the people who get hurt are who he wants to get hurt.

Weaknesses: (Add at least one thing that holds them back. Ideally 2-3 would be good. This should not just be power downsides, but also skills your hero is weak in. e.g: Cardio - your hero rarely works out and tires easily. )

• Good night, sweet prince: Even with a body boosted by Compound V, the harder he goes on the serum, the harder the crash afterwards. Once the juice stops flowing, the timer starts, and if he can’t make it back to base, he’s gotta go to ground somewhere.
  • Doing it for the kids!: He’s on the hook, and hard. He has no doubt that the company would kill his children if they needed to, but he’s more frightened by the idea that they would keep them alive, because killing them would honestly be a mercy…
  • You caught me Monologuing!: Rage’s intellect can sometimes get the best of him, even if he’s supposed to win, a need to prove himself superior can lead to speeches and displays that end up giving the hero the chance it needs to escape, and the Vought producers a few headaches to cure.

Connections

TBD

Extras

Theme Song: Ante Up (warning, explicit lyrics)

Corporate Sponsorships:
Vought has created a social media platform for him to appeal to the villain-loving folks from around the world, and the company actually gets a tidy profit from extremists groups from around the world who endeavor to assist Rage in keeping up the good fight against everything from corporate control and monopolism, anti-Capitalism, etc.

NOTES

Vought drug Serum Model 1134 is a synthetic adrenaline that increases anger yet somehow does not affect cognitive thought. Is controlled both by his person and with manual override from the company, which he does know about and is a part of his contract.

Vought has synthesized a substance with the active properties of marijuana on steroids. It can essentially break the serum in his bloodstream down in a matter of minutes and counteracts the side effects of the serum. It is not known to Malik. There's a dose in the suit that Vought will use if it needs to. Commonly known as anti-serum or Icarus.

Didn't know if this was a thing, but if he had a handler, she'd be obsessed with him. Would want to make sure all of his pleasure and pain came from her hands, and keeps a personal copy of each girl he's fed for blackmail reasons... naw, who are we kidding? She keeps them because she gets off on them. So very much.

Player goals

Knows intellectually that the game will end for him when his use has faded, and simply does his very best to keep things going for as long as he can. As smart as he is, he can’t do shit about his situation with Homelander standing above all. He’s working to squirrel away enough to give to his kids and maybe, just maybe get them from under Vought’s thumb.

Ons/Offs can be found here
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

RainyHigh

@ firepyre -- Hey just wanted to ask this question again, was it addressed already, and I just skipped it? What state is "Lutherton" based in, or what city is it a parody of?

@ pilgrimofpain -- perhaps Evy has met Jotham at a Vought event before?   We could keep it vague, but let me know if you have a better idea! Since Jotham seems to be in the religious spectrum of Vought, I couldn't think of another way the two may have crossed paths before.

@ Writersblockade --  perhaps Evy's team OR herself has gone up against Rage. And I'm thinking a bit further... how would you feel if Malik witnessed Evy's screw-up that got one of her teammates killed? Right now, that team is based in Atlanta, GA, but I can always edit my CS to have the B(e) Human team stationed elsewhere. Let me know what you think.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Rainy's Scene Tracker

Writersblockade

Quote from: RainyHigh on June 16, 2022, 11:20:04 AM

@ Writersblockade --  perhaps Evy's team OR herself has gone up against Rage. And I'm thinking a bit further... how would you feel if Malik witnessed Evy's screw-up that got one of her teammates killed? Right now, that team is based in Atlanta, GA, but I can always edit my CS to have the B(e) Human team stationed elsewhere. Let me know what you think.

I wasn't tied down to any particular location, so operating out of GA and witnessing that little mistake of hers would be an interesting bit of information. I can hit you up with a potential idea for what occurred if you'd like, or I can just roll with what you think of.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

pilgrimofpain

@ firepyre -- Hey just wanted to ask this question again, was it addressed already, and I just skipped it? What state is "Lutherton" based in, or what city is it a parody of?

@ pilgrimofpain -- perhaps Evy has met Jotham at a Vought event before?   We could keep it vague, but let me know if you have a better idea! Since Jotham seems to be in the religious spectrum of Vought, I couldn't think of another way the two may have crossed paths before.

Jotham hasn't really been part of a full team, but he has several times done Teamups with single supes, especially ones that might want to seem more Christian for their image, or at the very least appeal to the Christian crowd, so it's perfectly reasonable that they've met before.

firepyre

I read this somewhere, and then I got distracted by something else and promptly forgot about it. Oops. To answer your question, the main reason I invented a city is because I'm not super familiar with American geography, nor any American cities, so it's far more convenient for me to make one up than worry about getting details wrong. For the sake of answering your question, let's say it's a parody of Washington DC, but a vague one... because I'm probably not going to spend too much time researching it. Main street is called King street, and there's a very famous memorial called the Martin Memorial where people gather for rallies. Beyond that, feel free to get creative.

@WritersBlocade & PilgrimofPain

Sorry it's taken a little while to get back to you guys. I'll start with Rage. I think he looks really good on the whole. However, I'd like to see Hypermind removed from the powers, and something genius related added to skills instead. I don't really think high intellect should be considered a super power. e.g. Iron man is bullshit smart, but it's not a super power. Same should go for rage. He can absolutely be a tactical/scientific genius though.

The other change I'd like to suggest, to better tie him in, is that he was part of the team/experiment to develop Temp-V. He got an early dose, before (most of) the kinks were ironed out. Rather than using a unique serum, I'd love if he were reliant on Temp-V to boost his powers instead, but they also trigger/aggravate the underlying psychosis brought on by that initial flawed dose. Just a suggestion though, don't feel obligated.

The other thing is, let's dump the Icarus thing. Rage getting out of control isn't really an issue for Vought, since he's a villain anyway, and collateral is to be expected. And it's not like they don't have plenty of Supes on call.

On to Jotham. Jotham's powers are fine, with the caveat that mental manipulation powers are only as effective as the person you're trying to use them on decides they are(hopefully that was already pretty clear from Zane). I'm a little concerned that Jotham might struggle to fit in and mingle with the other characters... but if you're willing to take that on, he's all good. Oh, and he could use a face.

Also both sheets have a few missed brackets that should be deleted.

pilgrimofpain

Im absolutely fine with that(concerning Mental Manipulation powers) and I don't think he is going to have too many problems mingling, in terms of face-claim that is something I just haven't done a lot for RP's, and finally, on the missed brackets, I haven't really used forum brackets all that much so 'Im sorry If I missed some, is there an easy way to find them?

I think Jotham would probably play out like a supporting character in most physically dangerous situations, healing other supes and bystanders generally trying to serve as a team's backline so to speak.

Kadigan

Side question, what's the tech level we're dealing with. Would the MCU be a favorable comparison for someone whose not uptodate on the show, having only read the comics? Like, nano stuff exists, that sort?

firepyre

Quote from: Foxy DeVille on June 15, 2022, 10:36:42 PM
Hmmm.. Since he has an adult kid he'd be older. And since he's gotten busy with my character he should be hot.  >:)

So a silver fox type like Clooney or Brosnan. Maybe Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

Pierce and George are maybe a little too clean for a Vought Exec, I think. JDM in a suit is... quite nice. I could definitely see him in that role. I slipped one other option for the boss in there too. Pick your poison.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Quote from: Kadigan on June 16, 2022, 06:57:12 PM
Side question, what's the tech level we're dealing with. Would the MCU be a favorable comparison for someone whose not uptodate on the show, having only read the comics? Like, nano stuff exists, that sort?

At least in the show, which is what we're going off, the tech level is a significant step behind marvel on the whole. That said, it's still a clear step above modern tech, with V, so if you want to slip in some cutting edge comic-tech, that's fine with me.

Kadigan

Here's what I've got so far. Connections are mostly empty.

Valiant Striker

The Valiant Striker
Basic Information
Name: Trini Hart
Role: Professional Heroine
Alias: The Valiant Striker (Striker Purple)
Parody of: Sentai
Sexuality: Bisxual
Height/Build: 5’5 / Athletic
Hair/Eye Colour: Black / Green
Faceclaim: Natasha Yi
Notable Features: Chalk mark style lines on her shoulder, essentially counting down her former teammates.

Personality & History

Personality: Arrogant, haughty, thrill junkie. She’s a merch seller and she FUCKING knows it. Toys, t-shirts, autograph sessions, she can out sell, out brand, out bid any competitor. Sponsorship deals? They come begging to HER. At the same time she works hard for that position, and she loves loves loves mixing it up with almost impossible situations to win (not that they really ARE impossible). Give her 20 armed thugs to fight and she’s in heaven.

Aspirations & fears: She knows she’s not going to last forever. But she rarely thinks that far ahead. She has a secret account stashed away with enough for a “Normie” to live on, but she intends to never need it. She’s a good solider to the cause and she’ll keep going until she can’t any more. (The projected shelf life of a Valiant Striker is 5 years. She’s made it 4 so far.

Official Backstory: The Evil Dread Space Pirate Anicetus threatened the Earth those four years ago, forcing Drazuma-Ha*, guardian of all that is good and true, to recruit four high school seniors to bond with the Valiant Gems (at the time inside of pendants) which would transform them into mighty guardians of justice! Fighting the dark monsters Anicetus would summon, they would battle around the globe. Every time they seemed to defeat their primary enemy though, the Strikers would find themselves at the mercy of a new, more POWERFUL enemy, forcing them to seek new and distinctly different sources of power! Some members of the team left, but others came on to fight for all things righteous. Sadly during their most recent battle, the Strikers fell, leaving only the Valiant Striker Purple to carry on the terrible burden, until new teammates could be chosen!

Defining Moments & Skeletons: Trini has her definite share of skeletons, chief among them is the fact that when the other Strikers were killed during a “monster fight” gone wrong, the other remaining Striker, Gold, ranted about exposing Voight for murdering their friends. She snapped his neck without a second though. She honestly can’t really STAND being the D.A.R.E. mascot that she is at times and would rather be at the cash events then the other things, but she gets how it works. Her parents honestly believe the Voight BS and though she sends them some money, they aren’t kept in the loop as to what she actually does.

Abilities

Superpowers:

• Photographic Reflexes: Trini can replicate any movement she’s physically capable of doing so after seeing it only once. Chief among these is martial arts, which she was trained and focused on after discovering she had this ability

• Enhanced Physiology: Like most people given Compound V she is highly durable, and much faster, stronger, and durable then a normal human being. To put her on par with Night Witch would not be untrue.

Equipment:

• Striker Armor: When she boosts into full Striker Mode, whatever the new transformation method is covers her body in the latest nanotech armor, configuring itself to the latest Striker Version she is. Currently this is Valiant Striker Purple.
  • Striker Weapons: When she boosts into full Striker Mode, she has access to her weapons, which currently include the Mega Nun chucks and Energizer Blasters.
  • Striker Cycle: When she boosts into full Striker Mode, she can summon the Striker Cycle, a fantastic and powerful motorcycle, which can also be used to subdue the various monsters she fights

Skills:

• Anything: Thanks to her powerset, she can learn almost any skill, however she has to WANT to learn it and be physically capable of doing so.

Weaknesses:

• Thrill Junkie: Whether it’s good for her or not, heroic, bad, etc, she’ll leap head first into any new and interesting situation that seems like it might give her that natural high.
    • Forgetful by nature: The more she learns then more she has to pick. She can CHOOSE what she learns and forgets, but still. Does she want to be a master chef or the best Olympic high diver ever? Or just forget about those kids she went to school with?

Connections

(NOTE: By default, all heroes will be managed by the same department, in the same city. This is entirely negotiable if you have a good reason otherwise(like being on the run from Vought), but is intended to ensure that characters get plenty of opportunity to interact.)

(Use to note down any connections/ties to other PC's or NPC's. Please format as you see fit but try to make it neat and readable.)

Extras

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X9ZvPnbBfE

Corporate Sponsorships:
    Hasbro (direct deal to produce the Valiant Striker line, and all variations). Total Fitness Gym. Power Bars. She also commands a high fee for any public appearance at a Con.

(Any extra information or details you would like to include.)

Player goals

Goals as of yet are unknown. Will flesh out as the character grows.

Writersblockade

Quote from: firepyre on June 16, 2022, 06:23:39 PM

@WritersBlocade & PilgrimofPain

Sorry it's taken a little while to get back to you guys. I'll start with Rage. I think he looks really good on the whole. However, I'd like to see Hypermind removed from the powers, and something genius related added to skills instead. I don't really think high intellect should be considered a super power. e.g. Iron man is bullshit smart, but it's not a super power. Same should go for rage. He can absolutely be a tactical/scientific genius though.

The other change I'd like to suggest, to better tie him in, is that he was part of the team/experiment to develop Temp-V. He got an early dose, before (most of) the kinks were ironed out. Rather than using a unique serum, I'd love if he were reliant on Temp-V to boost his powers instead, but they also trigger/aggravate the underlying psychosis brought on by that initial flawed dose. Just a suggestion though, don't feel obligated.

The other thing is, let's dump the Icarus thing. Rage getting out of control isn't really an issue for Vought, since he's a villain anyway, and collateral is to be expected. And it's not like they don't have plenty of Supes on call.

I mean...Hyper Mind isn't normal genius intelligence, but I'll drop it, that's fine

I must insist on the serum. Temp V doesn't have the same feel, it's not...right for the parody, and Vought would be in a perfect position to establish a number of drugs unreleased to the public or even supe community. I can make it so that he doesn't have any hand in its creation. I can also make it so he has an addiction to it, if it helps your vision. You want him to get more nuts from its use, due to its largely untested status? I got you. You want him to not be levelheaded while on it and take people out because of perceived slights? I'll make it happen. The only thing that I wonder about is the ability to take direction from producers when he doses. He's not going to be the heel they want him to be, and he'll be more primal cunning than smart when the dose is high enough. I want to make sure the vision is good before I tweak the character. Just let me know.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!