Guilty or Not Guilty II

Started by Ariel, June 12, 2019, 03:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Cat

Not guilty. During my last jury duty, I used the lunch break to walk over to the adjacent library, sign up, and get a library card.
... and then didn't check anything out.

TNP has at least one Batman statue, action figure, or toy.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. I've never particularly liked or admired Batman. I always felt that his scruples (unwillingness to kill) always resulted in more death than if he'd been willing to off certain villains like the Joker. (Superman has similar problems, but Superman is essentially a God, and when someone with near infinite power starts down the slippery slope, there's no stopping him.) Batman is just a man. But the morality gets complex. Better to just not kill anyone and leave the real vigilante justice to a second or third-tier superhero like the Green Arrow.

TNP prefers Marvel Superheroes to the DC ones. (Not talking about films or comics, talking about the heroes themselves.)
My Apologies and Absences

My Ons and Offs

My Current Idea(s)

Current Status: Family in town, and primary writing computer is dead. Will do the best I can.

Top Cat

Guilty, because of the framework - DC heroes are gods among men (mostly), while Marvel heroes are normal people with powers (mostly).

TNP would rather we talk about something other than superheroes. ;)
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

LostInTheMist

Guilty, because I'm tired of superheroes. Too many shows, too many movies, too much talk. I no longer have the capacity to care.

TNP likes to bake bread. Or would like to bake bread.

My Ons and Offs

My Current Idea(s)

Current Status: Family in town, and primary writing computer is dead. Will do the best I can.

Lilias

Guilty. I'm not much of a baker, but bread is it's own magic.

TNP doesn't like bread anyway.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated May 10) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. I mean, it depends on the context, but even just a piece of good bread with high-quality butter or jam is great. Toast with butter or jam is also great, and the butter doesn't have to be as good as it does for untoasted bread. (The quality of butter doesn't translate well when melted.) A sandwich is always nice, especially a grilled cheese. And bread in the form of a bagel is a solid foundation for a good breakfast.

TNP likes bagels for breakfast.

My Ons and Offs

My Current Idea(s)

RainyHigh

Guilty as charged.

TNP likes cereal for breakfast.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently NOT open for solo stories
Rainy's Scene Tracker

LostInTheMist

Guilty, but I like pretty much anything for breakfast. It's usually bagels these days, sometimes bacon and eggs, and sometimes a can of sardines. Cereal is fairly low down on my list, but every once in a while a bowl is a nice, easy meal.

TNP has skipped breakfast more than two times this week.

My Ons and Offs

My Current Idea(s)

RainyHigh

Not guilty! I've only skipped breakfast once this week.
Now I am craving a can of sardines with some hot sauce sprinkled on them. XD

TNP has eaten sardines in the past 30 days.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Rainy's Scene Tracker

LostInTheMist

Guilty. In fact I just did. Sardines with mustard sauce. Those are getting hard to find (and they're my favorite kind) so I've had to improvise. Using Melinda's Amarillo Hot Sauce, which has a mustard base, sprinkled on plain sardines (smoked in olive oil) I've created my own mustard sauce sardines.

Passing it on.

My Ons and Offs

My Current Idea(s)

RainyHigh

QuoteTNP has eaten sardines in the past 30 days.

I have!

New Question:

TNP has a book that they've read more than three times.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Rainy's Scene Tracker

Top Cat

Oh, yes. Quite a few. The ones that immediately spring to mind is the Apprentice Adept trilogy by Piers Anthony. Just the first three - the quality drops significantly in the later books.

TNP wants a backrub.
O/O / Story Seeds

Kelindel

I do! (And as a note, I've also read the Apprentice Adept books quite a bit. First three definitely are better)

TNP got drunk on New Years Eve.

Oniya

There were more than three?  (Of course, these same statements can be made for a couple of Anthony's series...)

Not guilty.  Been a while since I've been tipsy.

TNP has had to double-check what day of the week it is recently.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Top Cat

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Anthony's not the only writer from his generation whose quality descended the longer an IP went on. Asprin had similar problems, although in at least one instance (Phule's Company) he had the sense to pass it off to another writer rather than letting it just crumble.

Guilty. I'm coasting off of some well-chosen stock picks for the next few years, at least, and keeping track of the days of the week can be hard sometimes. Even with pinball on Tuesday nights, and D&D on Wednesdays.

TNP has knocked over a TV or monitor in the past year.
O/O / Story Seeds

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. There's only one monitor I can think of that I might actually accidentally knock over, and it's so far out of the way that I'd almost have to be trying to do it.

TNP has broken a mirror in the last seven years.

My Ons and Offs

My Current Idea(s)

RainyHigh

Not guilty, surprisingly. I have seen someone else break one, though. I wonder if the bad luck spreads to those who see it happen...

TNP has traveled to at least two different countries.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Rainy's Scene Tracker

LostInTheMist

Guilty. Currently live in the United States of America, and I have been to Mexico, Costa Rica, and Canada. 

Passing it on.

My Ons and Offs

My Current Idea(s)

Top Cat

Maybe? I'm from California, and while I've only been to Germany outside of the US, I think that going to Mississippi should count. ;)

Passing it on once more.
O/O / Story Seeds

Chasing Dreams

Guilty. I've been to Ireland, Belize, Honduras, and Mexico.

The next person has a goal they want to accomplish this year.
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Lilias

Guilty. I have several, in fact, so hoping I clinch at least one of them.

TNP has turned down a proposal.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated May 10) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

RainyHigh

I read that wrong, and I thought it said burned down a proposal. XD But not guilty.

TNP has done their laundry in the past 24 hours.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Rainy's Scene Tracker

LostInTheMist

Not guilty, but I probably ought to do it some time in the next 24 hours.

TNP didn't get a birthday gift for their last birthday.

My Ons and Offs

My Current Idea(s)

DeformedCatholic

Not guilty.  I'm a middle child, and my spouse is aware I have weird hangups about my birthday (and other people's birthdays) needing to feel special.  It's never a huge gift, but there's always something.  

Passing it on.  

Top Cat

Ummm. Guilty, I think. I want for birthdays to be something more than just another day, but that ship sailed a long time ago.

TNP has knocked over a drink within the past three months. Double points if it was someone else's drink.
O/O / Story Seeds