Guilty or Not Guilty II

Started by Ariel, June 12, 2019, 03:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilias

Guilty. All fruit are vegetables, not all vegetables are fruit.

TNP has a favourite stove burner.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated May 10) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

LostInTheMist

Guilty. Though I have a franked preference. The front left is the largest burner, and by far my favorite to use, though I usually boil water on one of the smaller burners. The front right burner is a "rapid boil" burner, and I hate it. No real reason, except that it has two heat dials on it, and, I've timed it, it doesn't actually boil water any faster.

TNP has had an unironic "kids today" moment.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.

Top Cat

Guilty. The concept of home computers didn't exist when I was born, and mass-audience cell phones didn't exist until I was already an adult. Worse: As a teenager, I once ran up a $300 phone call, for a one hour long distance call... to a place that was only 40 miles away.

TNP sometimes throws recyclables in the normal trash.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

RainyHigh

If there are no recyclable containers around, I usually don't go out of my way to find one in public places, but I also will not litter--so regular trash it goes. Hell--I'll carry trash in my purse or a bag until I find a trashcan if there are none.

TNP has committed to using reusable grocery bags instead of paper or plastic ones.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently NOT open for solo stories
Rainy's Scene Tracker

LostInTheMist

Guilty. And because the store I shop at gives you a nickel back for every reusable grocery bag you use, rather than charging you for non-reusable grocery bags, I always remember them, because I am a cheapskate.

TNP has been arrested and/or ticketed for a crime they didn't commit.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.

Lilias

Not guilty. I always get away with even what I have committed :-D

TNP has bought someone a prank gift at least once.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated May 10) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

LostInTheMist

Guilty. I don't recall many of them, but I do remember buying my Mom Circus Peanuts (the candy) with my sister as a gag gift, and raspberry truffles as the real gift.

TNP has received a gag gift at least once in the last year.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Top Cat

In the last year? Not guilty.

TNP does not understand why truffles (mushrooms) and truffles (chocolate candy with liqueurs) have the same name.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. It's because a chocolate truffle has a certain similarity in appearance to the fungus. (French truffles are spherical, like the black truffle traditionally appears.

TNP has had both black and white truffle and prefers one over the other.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

GloomCookie

Guilty. 

TNP uses ketchup as a dipping sauce for their fries instead of pouring it onto the fries like a barbarian.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Kelindel

Guilty. Pouring it on is barbaric. You can't control your flavor levels and just ugh.

TNP is a spice lord.

Top Cat

Um... no? Garlic works on everything.

TNP has had someone do a saucy grab on a sensitive part of their body in public within the last three years.
O/O / Story Seeds

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. Most likely because I'm a male and I don't go near people (particularly drunk people, who might be most likely to saucy grab) if I can help it.

TNP thinks cilantro tastes disgusting.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Lilias

Not guilty. Not a particular favourite (the seeds, ground or whole, go a lot further in this household's tastes), but definitely not disgusting.

TNP still has some seasoning that's over a year old.
~Wendell Berry

Kelindel

Look, it was hidden in the back of a cupboard after I moved and I didn't see it and I hate to waste stuff and so yes yes I am guilty.

TNP does not like black pepper

GloomCookie

Hella guilty.

TNP has a pair of socks on right at this moment.
My DeviantArt

Lilias

Guilty. I may even put on another later. It's getting chilly again.

TNP walks barefoot at home.
~Wendell Berry

LostInTheMist

Guilty, but only after my shower, and I usually pull on a pair of socks within a couple of hours. I just do not, generally speaking, like going barefoot, but after a shower, it can feel nice for a bit.

TNP does NOT have a "no shoes in the house" policy.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

GloomCookie

Ugh. Guilty, but only because I do not set the policy.

TNP likes Dr. Pepper.
My DeviantArt

LostInTheMist

Guilty. It's not my absolute favorite drink of all time, but it's a refreshing alternative to regular cola. (I drink exclusively the sugar free stuff though, same with Dr pepper, so YMNV )

TNP knows that grilled cheese sandwiches must be sliced along the diagonal.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Kelindel

Guilty. I am also guilty of knowing it's purely psychological, but it feels better.

TNP knows that despite American cheese is, despite being not a -good- cheese is the -best- cheese for breakfast sandwiches

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. In two parts. I think Cheddar and Pepperjack are both better for breakfast sandwiches, but also there is a good version of American cheese. The stuff you get in the squares in the plastic isn't it. Even the Kraft Deli Select (best of the prepackaged American cheese) isn't it. Some American stores sell American cheese at their deli counter, that you can get sliced to order, and that's actually good cheese.

TNP did not know until reading this statement that there are easy recipes you can use to make nacho cheese at home.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

RainyHigh

Not guilty.

The next person has enjoyed some nachos with sliced jalapenos in the last week.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently NOT open for solo stories
Rainy's Scene Tracker

GloomCookie

Sadly not guilty. I'm not a huge fan of jalapenos as I get insanely bad heartburn, and I haven't had nachos in... friggin months. 

TNP has a heated blanket they snuggle up in at night.
My DeviantArt

LostInTheMist

For the nachos, because I was writing it out and got ninja'd. Guilty. These are the traditional "lazy" nachos in my family. Tortilla chips, melted cheddar, and sliced jalepeños. Actually, my housemates and I now use shredded "Mexican cheese mix" instead of shredding our own cheddar. It's a dish you can conceive of, prepare, and serve in five minutes.

For the blanket, not guilty, although on very cold winter nights, I sometimes wish I had, but my body heat will do the trick after a few minutes to make me nice and toasty.

Passing the blanket question on.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas