Hi everyone! This is an interest check for games of MAFIA!
What is Mafia you ask? Well very simply Mafia is a game where an uninformed majority (the town) try to figure out who the informed minority (the scum, or mafia) are and eliminate them by voting to remove them from the game (lynching).
In the very basic setup, everyone votes on who to eliminate during the "day" phase of the game, and the mafia kill someone during the "night" phase of the game. The town wins the game when all of the threats to the town are eliminated, and the scum win the game when they have control of the vote. The town operates from mostly a lack of information at first, and must try to figure out who is lying, who is manipulating things, and who is indeed their friend to eliminate the scum.
Because of this, the game requires active communication to work. Please do not sign up if you don't believe you can post daily. Inactive players will be officially poked and then mod-killed if they don't become active.
I have several setups that will complicate these basic principles greatly, using unique roles and powers. There will be no use of PMs permitted (except for the scum team, and if your role says so otherwise).
This is a setup for 9-13 players. The theme is that the players are a group of adventurers who have been hired to join together and explore an abandoned mine. In the midst of their dungeon crawl they start to suspect that not everyone is in fact one of the good guys, and they must decide whether to press on into the dungeon (becoming more powerful in their roles as they gain xp, but also risking the scum becoming stronger) or stay put and root out the bad guys before they go on.
Any questions please do ask! :)
1) Mintprincess (also #1 in my heart)
2) persephone325 (because we wish there were two of her!)
3) Seranova (The Magic Number
4) Yugi (We would do anything 4 yugi!)
5) Remiel (Five goooolden Remiels!)
6) Verasaille (the sixiest lady there is!)
7) James Moriarty (lucky number moriarty!)
8) Strangefate (umm...I can't think of anything for eight :( )
9) Madame Professor (ummm 9 is ah uhmm...dammit I got nothin)
10) Derwaysh (perfect 10!)
11) ThatRPGuy (RPGuy's Eleven!)
12) King Serperior (Dirty Dozen Serpy!)
13) Blythe (Lucky Thirteen!)