You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 03:02:51 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Deception: Murdered in Hong Kong Game Thread  (Read 7005 times)

Offline Blythe

Re: Deception: Murdered in Hong Kong Game Thread
« Reply #300 on: January 28, 2016, 02:49:26 AM »
It's not that I think they wouldn't be in a cafeteria at all, but that I think Trophy and Sculpture seem more likely to be Dormitory or Classroom.

And 'Notes' --I never actually eliminated James Moriarty's Note--but none of his methods of murder look particularly applicable at this juncture, so Note is right out unless James has a viable method to go with it.

Yugi's Exam paper -- I feel it doesn't fit 'Cafeteria' at all, but Classroom.

Just offering my reasons for my wall o' text. I could be completely wrong. And I do know I eliminated a lot of things, but at this juncture, with 6 clues out, we need to be able to confidently try to eliminate options rather than try to justify more options.

Offline Remiel

« Reply #301 on: January 28, 2016, 03:24:24 PM »
My thoughts:  I would advise people against trying too hard to make a coherent narrative out of Persephone's clues.  It makes little sense for Persephone to use "Blank" as a way to indicate the victim was surprised or caught off-guard; I think "Severe Injury" accomplishes that purpose on its own.   Rather, I think "Blank" is her way of trying to focus on the Evidence.  Remember, however, that, as the 6th clue, this is the weakest one.

I think we'll learn more once Persephone places her 7th.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #302 on: January 28, 2016, 04:36:07 PM »

Yeah I'm waiting for the last clue at this point. I'm sure the clues are good but I am confusing myself so quickly...

Offline yugi006

• Rocked by Carnage, Enchanted by a Mystery , Wolfling's Adoring Pillow,
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • Location: With Cole in Her Arms, Hiding in the Shadows, Stalking Josi's Profile
  • Anesa's Game Tutor, Ninja Assassin
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #303 on: January 28, 2016, 04:42:04 PM »
I was so sure that  was it but now I don't know anymore of what to think.

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Howling's Dagger | Resident Wiccan | Proud Echelon | Winter Widow | Mab's Sister, separated at birth | Princess Persephone, if you prefer
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #304 on: January 29, 2016, 10:58:10 PM »
This clue is covering up Assembly.

Sudden Incident - Power Failure, Fire, Conflict, Loss of Valuables, Scream, Nothing

The FS has chosen Nothing.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #305 on: January 29, 2016, 11:21:53 PM »
Is that the last clue?

Offline ThatRPGuyTopic starter

« Reply #306 on: January 29, 2016, 11:24:46 PM »
Nope, one left, which I'm PMing to her now.

Offline Remiel

« Reply #307 on: January 29, 2016, 11:45:52 PM »
Okay, I don't think that clue gave us any new information, which tells me we must be on the right track.

J'accuse Verasaille via the Folding Chair and the Numbers.

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Howling's Dagger | Resident Wiccan | Proud Echelon | Winter Widow | Mab's Sister, separated at birth | Princess Persephone, if you prefer
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #308 on: January 29, 2016, 11:54:04 PM »
Okay, I don't think that clue gave us any new information, which tells me we must be on the right track.

J'accuse Verasaille via the Folding Chair and the Numbers.

You are incorrect!

Online Verasaille

« Reply #309 on: January 30, 2016, 12:42:12 AM »
OMG you guys are picking on me!! :'(

Online Verasaille

« Reply #310 on: January 30, 2016, 12:57:59 AM »
I still think it was a blunt object that was used and some kind of note, letter or clothing maybe with a letter? Letterman's jacket?

Has to be a school cafeteria, and blank expression could be shock or disbelief if the victim failed an exam!

Talk about confused...I am hopeless this time. Nothing fits!

Offline yugi006

• Lord
  • Carnite
  • Location: With Cole in Her Arms, Hiding in the Shadows, Stalking Josi's Profile
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #311 on: January 30, 2016, 04:06:09 AM »
Perhaps it is the bank note after all.

Offline Blythe

« Reply #312 on: January 30, 2016, 12:39:36 PM »
I'm thinking if persephone chose to cover up Assembly, then we might be on the wrong track with Folding Chair. Verasaille's Push seems more likely.

A lot of what I eliminated with Assembly could also have been eliminated with the location being Cafeteria, so I think my list still potentially holds.

Should be noted Madame is also still a suspect with Bamboo Tip and Menu.

Offline ThatRPGuyTopic starter

« Reply #313 on: January 31, 2016, 02:05:53 AM »
Just a reminder, there's only one clue to go before it's time to use it or lose it when it comes to votes!

Online Verasaille

« Reply #314 on: January 31, 2016, 02:25:25 PM »
I really thing the last two clues mean you are all on the wrong track! There are other suspects you know that fit the other clues. I really think it is MP with the menu so fitting for the cafeteria and the writing! The weapon is the thing that makes me hesitate. Though it could certainly be the bamboo. That fits the cafeteria, as kebabs can be served there. A weapon of convenience and stealth, that is why the victim was in shock and the severe injury need not be incredibly bloody. I mean anything shoved directly into the heart at close range is going to kill!

I am not discounting Yugi either, that sculpture still seems a viable weapon to me and can be found in a cafeteria as a decoration. And the exam paper can be the written part.

But I cannot make up my mind which one would fit better.  ???

Offline yugi006

• Lord
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #315 on: January 31, 2016, 02:47:11 PM »
There is a much better place for both the sculpture and the exam paper to be which is the classroom which Persphone didn't choose.

If you are so sure Vera why don't you make a formal accusation. We don't have much time left.

Offline Remiel

« Reply #316 on: January 31, 2016, 03:25:12 PM »
I'm fairly certain we can eliminate Versaille's Dictionary and Banknote.   While a Dictionary is written, there is no way that a dictionary can be considered blank.    And I feel like if the Banknote was the evidence, then Persephone would have said either Trading instead of Assembly or Loss of Valuables (insurance) instead of Nothing.

It's possible the Trophy could have been the murder weapon -- it would cause Severe Injury, be possibly found in the display case of a Cafeteria (although I would have gone for Classroom, myself), and hint of Action and Assembly in the form of sports events.   The Numbers would still account for Written, Blank, and Nothing (zero).

The other outside possibility is James Moriarty's Blender and Note, although I'm at a complete loss as to what either of those have to do with Assembly.  Perhaps some assembly required?  I think I'm just stretching now, but I was so sure it was the Folding Chair.  Meh.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #317 on: January 31, 2016, 03:38:38 PM »
I'm leaning towards Blythe with Hammer/ID Card.

Online Verasaille

« Reply #318 on: January 31, 2016, 03:44:03 PM »
You are right Yugi, I do need to make a formal accusation. I think I will go out on a limb here and take the chance I am going for a long shot.

Iam going to accuse...Bamf! His surgery was a failure and he came to the cafeteria to read his comics after lunch, only to witness his patient keel over from internal injury!

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #319 on: January 31, 2016, 03:45:13 PM »
That's a pretty good guess....*waits in anticipation*

Offline persephone325

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #320 on: January 31, 2016, 07:02:19 PM »
You are right Yugi, I do need to make a formal accusation. I think I will go out on a limb here and take the chance I am going for a long shot.

Iam going to accuse...Bamf! His surgery was a failure and he came to the cafeteria to read his comics after lunch, only to witness his patient keel over from internal injury!

You are incorrect!

Offline Remiel

« Reply #321 on: January 31, 2016, 07:06:53 PM »
Okay, so five of us have used up our guesses.

Assassini, Madame Professor, BAMF, Strangefate, James Moriarty, and Red Phoenix, we're counting on you.

Offline Blythe

« Reply #322 on: January 31, 2016, 07:09:17 PM »
The other outside possibility is James Moriarty's Blender and Note, although I'm at a complete loss as to what either of those have to do with Assembly.  Perhaps some assembly required?  I think I'm just stretching now, but I was so sure it was the Folding Chair.  Meh.

I formally guessed Blender with Note for James quite a while back and was incorrect.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #323 on: January 31, 2016, 07:10:08 PM »
We have one more clue right?

Offline Madame Professor

• Always Procaffeinating, Caffeinatrix
  • Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • I put the 'Mad' in Madame; Always and in all ways
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #324 on: January 31, 2016, 07:12:26 PM »
Yes, but then we have to use our clues ASAP.