You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 12:28:59 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Can I disable Backspace as a hotkey for leaving a page in Firefox?  (Read 226 times)

Offline NachtmahrTopic starter

• Glorious Fiend.
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • The curse of life is the curse of want.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
The title sort of says it all.

I'm trying my best to not be too angry right now - I just went ahead and wrote a 5 paragraph post, went to correct the comma I accidentally put at the end, punched Backspace and boom.. It decided to go back a page, and everything is lost.. Completely.. Never to return.. Half an hour I'll never get back, and a post that will never feel as good.

Is there any way to make sure this doesn't happen again, because it's happened just one too many times now..
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 06:42:13 PM by Nachtmahr »

Offline Caeli

Re: Can I diable Backspace as a hotkey for leaving a page in Firefox?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 06:43:28 PM »
The only suggestion I have is to make sure you have a form recovery add-on/extension like Lazarus, or to type your post in another program such as Word, Google Docs, etc. before porting it over to post in Elliquiy.

Unfortunately, I have done this one too many times myself also.  It definitely sucks, and I'm sorry that it happened to you, Nachtmahr. :(

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Can I disable Backspace as a hotkey for leaving a page in Firefox?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 06:50:43 PM »
I Googled "firefox disable backspace hotkey"

This is one of the links I found:  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/948816

Do the Google thing for other links if this one doesn't work.

Offline NachtmahrTopic starter

• Glorious Fiend.
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • The curse of life is the curse of want.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 07:29:15 PM »
Thanks a bunch, both of you!

It seems the 'Disable backspace navigation'-addon works. :)

As for the post - I guess I wanted to take revenge on the world for stealing away the one I had written, so instead I wrote one that was about.. 3 times longer, far more detailed, and honestly? Way better. Funny how things work out.

I'm not going to delete every post I write in the future in the hope that 'take 2' is going to be far better though. ^^'

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 07:36:26 PM »
I'm glad you found a fix and add Lazarus if you can.  It's a life saver in my opinion though this time it seems the mind was still working while you were fixing. ;D

Online Oreo

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 07:57:22 PM »
I'm glad you found a fix and add Lazarus if you can.  It's a life saver in my opinion though this time it seems the mind was still working while you were fixing. ;D

I would do the Lazarus add on too. There are other reasons you can lose a post. That program has saved me more times than I can count. It saves more than one post too. Like if you have multiple tabs open and forget that you were writing in one, then close the tab? Lazarus will raise it from the dead. ;D

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 10:08:26 PM »
The add-on also comes with a history that you can access with the add-on manager.