You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 08:33:18 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: What brought You to Elliquiy?  (Read 726 times)

Offline RaisdenTopic starter

What brought You to Elliquiy?
« on: February 10, 2014, 12:21:50 PM »
Hello all. I am really enjoying my time here and i was wondering what brought all of you here? I am here looking to make some new friends, better my writing and go on many adventures. What about you all?

Offline Nicholas

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #ReallyIAm #BlameMads
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: What brought You to Elliquiy?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »
In all honesty, I found this place at random. It was rather high on a search result, and thus, I stumbled in here almost five years ago. :-) I was a little bored, and rather tired of the place I have been at before. I came here, tried it out, and stuck around. ;D Wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

I found a ton of really amazing writing partners since then. And some good friends!

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 12:36:45 PM »
Even though i am not approved I can say that i do like it here. I am an aspiring writer myself and looking at some of the writers here i can say i am in good company. People here a really nice too.

Offline Nicholas

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 12:47:57 PM »
I am glad to hear that. That's how it should be. ;) I only write for fun. It is a creative outlet for me.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 01:17:47 PM »
I on the other hand am trying to make a bit of money off of it. Its one of my passions, well that and videogames  ;D

Offline Nicholas

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 01:20:23 PM »
I only write for fun, because I like doing it. It is quite different to what I do for a job. It heps to let out some more creativity, and it is relaxing. :-) And, the writing aside, I just love the community here, and the friends I made so far.

Offline Remy

• Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest... It's about who came, and never left your side..R ♥
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • Location: I'm not a manipulator. I just like to think of myself more as an outcome engineer...R♥
  • Friends never close the lines of communication.R ♥
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »
Initially I'd been  a long term member of another site and was a moderator there.  Absolutely loved it there and the small community that became akin to an online family.  I browsed one night, just happened upon Elliquiy, and thought 'great, a similar site, so a similar situation'.  Unfortunately it didn't work out like that, and I didn't enjoy Elliquiy first time around as I found the site too big, too confusing, too crowded, and too fast.  But I didn't give up, just visited randomly, occasionally getting into RP's that sadly never worked.  About three years ago I decided to either make a go of it, or drop out completely and for some reason it began to work for me here and I found my niche.  My original site unfortunately was closed and I asked some of those I wanted to remain in contact with to consider Elliquiy, ( which they did) and it worked even better with one or two familiar faces here that I knew and loved.

I love it here now, granted I don't venture to all sections of the site, but where I go I enjoy and participate as time allows.   
And...I've still got the three original friends here from elsewhere here, plus a little parcel of new friends that add to my reasons for remaining happily here.

Offline Nicholas

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
I do not venture everywhere, either. There are some boards that simply hold little interest to me. One cannot be everywhere, but there are several threads I visit quite regularly, because I like it there.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:16:37 PM by Nicholas »

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 03:39:33 PM »
I am interested in seeing everything this site has to offer. i want to see how deep i can go...but i might come out running and screaming  :-)

Offline Nicholas

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 08:40:32 AM »
I am interested in seeing everything this site has to offer. i want to see how deep i can go...but i might come out running and screaming  :-)
Bah!  XD You'll love it. ;D

Online AmberStarfire

• Rogue Starlight ~ Fantasy Novelist ~ This Is Who We Are ~ Scully to his Mulder
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ❤ Snuggler of the Wyld and Hairy ❤
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 07:18:09 PM »
Initially, it was because hubby was a regular and moderator here and thought I'd like the site and the people here too.

I did join up, but it took me a long time to discover the site again for myself and begin story posting here. Now I'm a regular here too.

Offline Bedroom Lazarus

• A desire that burns the soul, a crucible that forges desire into lust and torment into exquisite surrender.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • For in his embrace, is paradise found.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 07:28:06 PM »
I have spent basically the last 16 years role playing on AOL.  To be honest, the creativity that flourished in its early years steadily turned to a trickle, then to a drought.  Throughout my entire adult life I've always craved a creative outlet for my writing and without shame I admit to the fact that my greatest talent revolves in spinning around erotica.  So I went onto google to search out somewhere creative.  The first place I went to catered very much to a younger generation of players, with an emphasis on anime style profiles and fetishes that don't in all honesty appeal to me. 

So after a few weeks I decided to try again.  Then this site came up.  I actually am quite glad that it started off with me going through an application process, letting me get to know a few people here and there who shared the door mat with me.  I've found so far that now that I'm inside I am starting to make an impression, build my little black book of role play contacts and people to indulge in general chatting with and am seeing the possibility for role play in a way I haven't in a good number of years.

So cheers to Elliquiy for making that happen.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 10:47:42 PM »
Wow. You guys have been roleplaying for years. I am totally new when it comes to this. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two (or three) from you guys.

Offline Nicholas

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 09:22:46 AM »
Wow. You guys have been roleplaying for years. I am totally new when it comes to this. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two (or three) from you guys.
There is always room for improvement, I'd say. And, for me, that's part of the fun! :-) Congratulations, by the way!

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 11:55:17 AM »
Thank you!

Offline Cayenne

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 07:24:45 AM »
One of my friends from a roleplay area on IRC told me about this place some years ago.   She was friends with the operator of this board, and one of the my favourite partners~ 

Offline Tristian Pontis

• Whether right or wrong, I fight for what I believe in.
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • Listening for the hiss of the Viper
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 09:22:40 AM »
I was begged to get on by my wife and sister.... so I gave it a shot. And I've enjoyed it all.

Online Lorelei Adelaide

• Dixieland Delight
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • Location: Let me show you how Country Feels. Resident Cowgirl.
  • Dancing with the Fireflies
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 05:12:15 AM »
A good friend of mine who is no longer a part of the site because well.. They just stopped coming back.

Offline Stella

• The Girl Who Waited, Marquess of Pembroke
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ever fancied someone you know you shouldn't?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 04:50:23 AM »
I'd been sent an invitation from a friend of mine who I'd roleplayed with for years on other sites. I was busy with life and other rps at the time, and although I kept the email, I never joined.

She died a few years ago and I was going through all the emails of hers I still had. I found the email with the link to E and, since I wasn't doing much roleplaying and was frustrated with other sites, decided to check it out. The rest is history. :D

E makes me think of her, which is nice.

Offline Dallas

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • "Don't push your luck..."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2014, 05:13:54 PM »
Found it completely by chance after RPing for a few years. Funny enough, I haven't engaged with anyone yet... I've been working on other things. Some E-related, some not. But I do enjoy E-Culture whenever I stop by! ;)

Offline Dovel

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 05:25:25 AM »
A sense of adventure. I am glad I took that first step.

Offline Prototype

• " I have become something less than a human, but also something more. " - Alex Mercer
  • Suspended
  • Seducer
  • I hunt, kill, consume and become
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 10:56:56 AM »
My friends on and off list.

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 09:27:27 PM »
Google search.

Offline JLinz77

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 09:40:03 PM »
I was on one of my usual sites and saw the banner. I've wanted to hone my RP skills for the longest; a couple of years ago, I got my small taste of it and enjoyed it! Also, it wouldn't hurt to improve my writing so that's what I'm hoping to find here, along with meeting new people!

Offline Marchoisas

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 05:54:15 PM »
Google search and my weaknes 4 exotic site names!  :-)