Played by: NataleighName:
297 (lifespan can reach 1000+ years)Consortium Occupation:
Security ChiefConsortium Rank:
High-LevelSkill set: Asari Huntress
- Taia devoted 50 years of her young life to this profession, studying martial arts, dedicated to sharpening her mind and body for that one purpose. When she retired, she already held an alarming proficiency for killing. One-on-one a huntress is a devastating foe, possessing profound tactical insight, a hunter's eye, and a dancer's grace and alacrity. However, large firefights prove a weakness to them as they usually form very small groups and use little armor, preferring a more ninja-like approach to battle than a head-on all-out war. Huntresses are adept at ambush, infiltration, and assassination, demoralizing and defeating their enemies through intense, focused guerrilla strikes. (Taken from here
- Taia has mastered four biotic abilities: Pull
- Used to generate a mass-lowering field, which levitates enemies into the air. While aloft, enemies will slowly drift towards the biotic, allowing any allies to finish them off effortlessly. The biotic can also combine the Pull effect with a Throw or Biotic Charge to send enemies flying higher into the air. Pull inflicts a small amount of damage on foes with protection. Throw
- Mostly used in combat to keep opponents at a distance, by either launching them away or knocking them over, rendering them helpless when they land. In certain areas Throw will knock enemies off ledges so they fall to their death. If used near destructible objects, Throw can break them and hit enemies with debris. Any moveable boxes can also be Thrown into them, injuring them further because their shields cannot absorb the damage. In enclosed quarters, throw is strong enough to punch enemies against walls and cause significant damage. Biotic Charge
- Smash into a target while encased in this biotic barrier, leveling your opponents. Invulnerable while this power is in effect. There are no obstacles between you and your target, be it height or distance, except perhaps solid objects. Nova
- Nova is a close-range shock wave power. While expending your biotic barrier, Nova inflicts a high amount of damage to surrounding enemies, pushing them back and sending them soaring into the air. It can be used whenever you have any amount of barrier remaining.Diplomacy
- Because of their long lifespan, Asari tend to have a "long view" not common in other races. When they encounter a new species or situation, the Asari are more comfortable with an extended period of passive observation and study than immediate action. They are unfazed that some of their investments or decisions may not pay off for decades or centuries. Matriarchs can seem to make incomprehensible decisions, but their insight is evident when their carefully-laid plans come to fruition. In interstellar relations, this long view manifests in the unspoken policy of centrism. The Asari instinctively seek to maintain stable balances of economic, political, and military power. (Taken from here
Born of an Asari mother (Yulani) and a Krogan father (Nakmor Relyx), Taia was predictably raised on the much more stable Asari homeworld of Thessia. Most of her formative years were spent here with her mother, father, and sisters. But her mother and father fought often, and he would disappear for a few months at a time to cool off. Sometimes, he would take her with him. This is how she came to see the Krogan home planet, Tuchanka. And how she learned to love battle.
When she became old enough, Taia joined the Huntresses. Nothing pleased her more than learning to fight, and using the skills she had learned.
((still working on history))Personality:
- Calm under pressure
Taia is an interesting case. Due to her strict Huntress training (and her unusual parentage), she has developed something of a split personality to help her deal with the kind of work she was destined for. In day to day life, she's maternal, flirty, and always-smiling. Just a sweet person to be around, who likes making friends and relaxing with a good book (or a little nookie). When on the job, however, she becomes aggressive, manipulative, and cold. Her emotions get packed neatly away, hidden behind her calculating mind. More than once, Taia's friends have been surprised to find out that she and that strict Asari shouting orders over the intercom were the same person. Some still don't believe it when they see it with their own eyes.How did the Red Corsair hear about and recruit you?:
She's been with him from the beginning. After retiring her service as an Asari Huntress, Taia did a little freelancing, and eventually ended up on a security team working for the Confederacy Military, specifically providing security for the scientific staff. It was a boring job, but the pay was good and Taia wanted to slow down and enjoy life a little. She started chatting up the other guards and scientists during her shift. It wasn't hard, and she got to meet interesting eggheads like Cass Seradin.
Then one day he came back from a big meeting with the brass. He told her they'd loved his ideas, but didn't seem to be celebrating the success. She was concerned. So she prodded him for days until he finally told her what was actually bothering him. His dream. And Taia decided to help him fulfill it. You know the rest of the story. Now she works as his Chief of Security, and is fiercely loyal to him.Additional Information:
Taia wears no specialized armor. She doesn't feel she needs it. However, she carries one of two guns into battle, depending on which type of battle she believes she will encounter. For long range, she carries a M-98 Widow
. It has a one-shot clip, but is viciously powerful, capable of killing one or more targets if aimed correctly, as well as piercing light cover between her and her target. For short range, she carries an Acolyte
. Not a typical heavy pistol, the ammo for this particular model is explosive in nature, which has a devastating effect on shields and biotic barriers. The specialized nature of this weapon means she can't pierce armor effectively, but her biotics make up for this shortcoming.Species Information:
The asari, native to the planet Thessia, are often considered the most powerful and respected sentient species in the galaxy, and are known for their elegance, diplomacy, and biotic aptitude. This is partly due to the fact that the asari were among the earliest races to achieve interstellar flight.
A mono-gender race, the asari are distinctly feminine in appearance and possess maternal instincts. Their unique physiology, expressed in a millennia-long lifespan and the ability to reproduce with a partner of any gender or species, gives them a conservative yet convivial attitude toward other races. They favor compromise and cooperation over conflict. (Read more about them here
. It's a lot to type out.)On’s:
Men of any species, other Asari, Power, Domination, Rough Stuff, Teasing, M/M/F.Off’s:
Incest, Watersports, Maiming/gore/vore.