You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 08:16:49 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Favourite Beer (or other alchoholic beverage of choice)  (Read 5879 times)

Offline dana eleanor

Re: Favourite Beer (or other alchoholic beverage of choice)
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2011, 10:51:51 AM »
I don't like beer, but I will drink half a glass of whatever wine my mom's having that night, and I actually enjoy some of them. Not a big drinker, so it's just every once in a while. No need to go overboard.

Offline peaceinpangea

« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2011, 12:24:32 PM »
Oh Lord, "The Kraken" is one of the worst rums out there.  I would stick to the clear rums.  Spiced rum can just wreck havoc on a good drink.

Although, I do love me some Captain Morgan.

That is why I should never be allowed to purchase any alcohol, I am always seduced by their bottles! I couldn't pass over a bottle with octopus/squid tentacles for arms. D:

Online Oreo

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2011, 12:36:10 PM »
Guinness extra stout on the beer. Yukon Jack for the hard stuff and Gallianno my choice of liqueur. Too bad I am supposed to abstain now D:

Offline dana eleanor

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2011, 12:39:22 PM »
I saw the bottle yesterday and I was all, "I would never drink that shit."

Offline Silverfyre

• Mr. Fyre, or if you're slightly more daring, oh Silver my Silver.
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Once more, with gusto.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2011, 01:01:49 PM »
That is why I should never be allowed to purchase any alcohol, I am always seduced by their bottles! I couldn't pass over a bottle with octopus/squid tentacles for arms. D:

You and me both.  I kept the bottle, chipped the liquor into some friends.  :P

Offline Maeven

« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »
Beers disgusting. I've been to parties where theres a bathtub in the yard and everyone must bring something to empty into it. I'm a fussy drinker, so I didn't touch it.

That's disgusting! I can't even believe someone could come up with that? Not to mention that it's inevitable that someone actually ends up in the tub?

That's as bad as a mat drink - you know those ones where the bartender pours whatever's on that little rubber mat where they mix drinks into a glasss and serves it up... Yuck!

But as for good stuff, I really like Stella, mojitos and vodka/tonic with lime. And red wine. 

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2011, 02:34:50 PM »
That's disgusting! I can't even believe someone could come up with that? Not to mention that it's inevitable that someone actually ends up in the tub?

Now there's an alcohol poisoning case waiting to happen.  Although I'm not sure if it's from someone being poisoned by the alcohol, or the alcohol being poisoned by the frat-boy.

Offline Maeven

« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2011, 02:51:19 PM »
Now there's an alcohol poisoning case waiting to happen.  Although I'm not sure if it's from someone being poisoned by the alcohol, or the alcohol being poisoned by the frat-boy.

Well the latter would most definitely depend on the, err, attributes of the frat-boy!

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2011, 11:58:54 AM »
Haven't met many frat-boys, then?  ;D

Offline Sabby

« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2011, 05:14:49 PM »
I saw an episode of Viva La Bam once where they all set up a minging trailer park by a creek and Novak, the heroine addict with every STD listed and some yet to be discovered, laid down in a bath tub and they poured creek water in. The kind so full of fermented life its practically opague. He bathed in that, left, got dried, and then another guy, Raab, came by and started mixing moonshine in the same tub.

Now, I thought they just did this for a laugh... but Raab ended up drinking of an entire mouthful and ever since then if I see any drink the same colour (it was kind of like dirty ginger ale) I have this over powering urge to vomit.

Offline dana eleanor

« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2011, 03:16:50 PM »
I remember that episode. I almost threw up watching it.

Offline CheetahInAfrica

• E's secret agent!
  • Lord
  • Orgiest
  • Location: Behind you, with my teeth inside your neck, sucking your very elixir of life
  • Staring into the Tigress' eyes and getting lost!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2011, 11:58:35 AM »
Beer: Kilkenny
Schnaps: Slyrs
Longdrink: Long Island Ice Tea
Wine: Beaujolais

Offline Haloriel

• Original Beauty | Alluring Erudite | Perfervid Romanticist
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Location: Ogling your gluteus maximus with a most respectful air, of course. One part devious.
  • Dance with me, darling. I'll show you the stars.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
The best thing I've ever had was a Dom Pérignon: year 1978.  For my tenth wedding anniversary I've been promised a 40 year old Glenfiddich.  I adore dark, dry stouts like Guinness - on the tap, thank you and pulled properly; and microbreweries.  My favourite wine is Merlot, and I'm a Jameson's girl - if I can get the fifteen year old variety I am a happy woman.  Midleton also is a good buddy.

Offline bandit

« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2011, 02:31:26 PM »
I have recently fallen in love with Dead Guy Ale. I'm pretty sure Rogue makes it. Fantastic beer that's sort of light but still has a ton of flavor. Best on tap.

Offline Slaven

« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2011, 04:06:18 PM »
Hpnotq mixed with mountain dew for me!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:12:47 PM by Slaven »

Offline Will

« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2011, 05:45:01 PM »
Hpnotiq + cognac is pretty good.  Turns bright green, and is called an Incredible Hulk.  Heh.

And speaking of Mountain Dew, a friend of mine had a drink the other night that she swore tasted just like it.  It was a Long Island iced tea, but swapped the cola for Midori and Sprite.  If I hadn't been driving, I would have tried it myself.

I picked up some of New Belgium's fall seasonal, Hoptober, today.  It's pretty tasty. :)

Offline Slaven

« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2011, 06:15:34 PM »
Hpnotiq + cognac is pretty good.  Turns bright green, and is called an Incredible Hulk.  Heh.

And speaking of Mountain Dew, a friend of mine had a drink the other night that she swore tasted just like it.  It was a Long Island iced tea, but swapped the cola for Midori and Sprite.  If I hadn't been driving, I would have tried it myself.

I picked up some of New Belgium's fall seasonal, Hoptober, today.  It's pretty tasty. :)

Haha. Well, if you take about 2/3 Mountain Dew and 1/3 HP, it tastes like a sweetened mountain dew. You can taste the alcohol at all. When I'm having friends over, it's always the drink of choice. By far better than anything I've ever had at a bar or club and I mixed it the first time on accident myself. :P

Offline Ryuja Tsukikage

« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2011, 06:14:36 AM »
Personally I prefer rums, but none of the clear rums that you get out there. Mainly Captain Morgan, Kraken, Barton (terrible to shot drink, but not bad in a mixer) and a few others. I do like drinking whiskey straight actually, I feel fancy somehow with it!

Beer... I have a love/hate relationship with. Not the best tasting stuff at all, but drink about 15 of them and I'm lit. I do like me some Guinness, Blue Moon, Pyramid, Heffeweisen and a few others. I can't stand that draft stuff like Miller or Budweiser, they just suck.

Offline Slaven

« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2011, 02:00:55 PM »
I can't stand beer personally..The taste is horrible and it's totally not worth the amount I need to get 'settled'.

Offline Izzie Aditi

• | Pretty eyed, pirate smile| The girl with the short skirt and the long jacket| Sapiosexual|
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Great minds think alike,dirty minds think together
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2011, 02:02:14 PM »
Not the biggest beer fan, but Jupiler always goes down well *nods*

Online Vergil Tanner

« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2011, 04:55:43 PM »
Jack Daniels neat for the win :D Although, I don't win many drinking contests with that...XD I keed, I keed. I always drink the same thing as them.
I'm new, BTW. Hi :D

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2011, 03:42:05 PM »
I like using Midori and honeydew melons to make nuclear melon balls.  Poke a hole into the melon just large enough for the bottle neck, all the way into the cavity.  Plonk the melon on top of the bottle, flip it over and stick it in the fridge overnight.  The next day, most of the liqueur (if not all) will have absorbed into the melon.

Offline Will

« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2011, 05:37:39 PM »
I've typically heard that done using watermelon and vodka, but yours sounds like a better combination.

Offline Keelan

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2011, 06:06:03 PM »
Agreed, the Midori would blend VERY well with the existing melon.

Now... Favorite drinks of mine... well, for beers I'm a Heinekin and and Newcastle fan, and harder drinks I'll drink good-quality vodkas or blended whiskeys straight in a glass, and mixed my favorite are Screwdrivers (Vodka, Orange Juice, Splash Grenadine) and the Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey in a 1:5 part mix with fresh apple juice (not sure if it's got a name or anything, but I call it an Honey Applejack :3)

Offline Slaven

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2011, 10:19:57 AM »
I like using Midori and honeydew melons to make nuclear melon balls.  Poke a hole into the melon just large enough for the bottle neck, all the way into the cavity.  Plonk the melon on top of the bottle, flip it over and stick it in the fridge overnight.  The next day, most of the liqueur (if not all) will have absorbed into the melon.

I actually tried this. Big thumbs up!