You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 01:23:19 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Dragon Age 2  (Read 9017 times)

Offline NightBladeTopic starter

Dragon Age 2
« on: January 18, 2011, 04:47:19 PM »
Im not really sure if im allowed to post on the Off Topic place yet. If im not allowed im sorry lol

Well anyways is anyone looking forward to the new Dragon age coming out this March

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Dragon Age 2
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 05:04:40 PM »
Hi, NightBlade.

You can post in any thread that's open to you and shows a reply button.

I'm not too well acquainted with Dragon Age.  From what you may have heard is 2 better than the original?  What are the differences?

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 05:13:14 PM »
Well the main difference is that its following in the footsteps of Biowares other game Mass Effect in the sense that you lose the ability to chose a race.

You start off as a guy named Hawke who is human. Bioware did this for its Cinematic Benefits

Offline Moon Hound Hati

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 05:30:27 PM »
Like with Commander Shepard in Mass Effect, Hawke can be either male or female and will be fully voiced. The conversation system will also resemble that of ME. The battle system is getting an overhaul to have a faster pace and be more action orientated, but on the PC version you can switch to a more strategic and slow style, similar to that of the original game. Graphics will be better too, which is good, since the console versions of the original game looked like crap.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »
Im looking forward to it really. It looks well thought out and ive already pre-Ordered the Special edition lol

Offline Moon Hound Hati

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 05:41:27 PM »
Yeah, I really need to find a new part-time job so I can afford all the great games that come out this year...

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 05:51:15 PM »
Yah March is gonna be one hell of a month lol

Offline Wyrd

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 05:57:16 PM »
What else is coming out in march??

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 06:10:55 PM »
Well on March 1st
Mortal Kombat
Rift
The Sims Medieval
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

March 8th
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dragon Age II
Homefront

March 18th
Shogun 2: Total War
Okamiden

March 22
Crysis 2
F.3.A.R.

March 29
Darkspore
Child of Eden
WWE All Stars

March 31
Bodycount
DC Universe Online
The Witcher 2

Offline Wyrd

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 06:15:18 PM »
Oh? O.O

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 06:22:56 PM »
im big on games lol

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 06:24:12 PM »
After seeing the "Rise to Power" trailer, Dragon Age 2 went from a game I was going to get, but wasn't really excited about, to one I'm really excited about. Dragon Age was ... well, I waited years for that game!

I'm worried about the combat system, but everything else seems brilliant. I don't mind that they're making it one character instead of a custom one. It's just easier to make a personal, coherent story.

Oh, and NightBlade - that list doesn't look up-to-date. Deus Ex, FEAR 3 and the Witcher 2 have all been pushed back, I think.

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 06:26:36 PM »
hmmm I could look back up lol. Those are a list from a while ago.

The only thing I fear about the Battle system is that its gonna turn into a Medieval Version of Mass Effects Battle System

Offline Wyrd

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »
I'm trying not to get my hopes to high for this. It does look like it;s going to be really good and well made but that's also what I thought about DA:O, and that was a little less then enjoyable. For me at least. All I can see is that I hope this sequel redeems it's self from the first one

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 06:27:58 PM »
thats all we can hope for lol

Offline Wyrd

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
Right. I mean, I'd rather have a medieval mass effect then a medieval KoTOR like Origins. :P

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 06:31:59 PM »
A few things:

Fight Night Champion is also slated to debut in March. I'm a boxing fan, and it's EA Sport's first M-rated title. Mainly because they don't have to answer to the MLB or the NFL. They got the guy who wrote--crap I forgot! Well it was a major series to do the story. So I'm looking forward to that one.

On Dragon Age. Honestly I liked the first. The combat was hit or miss at times especially on console. So the console/PC branching philosophies idea is great. I like a bit more action in my role playing games. Pause in play is for strategy games.

On Hawke. I know a lot of people are irked about it, but the Bioware guys say that it's not about the Gray Wardens it's about the land Theadas. So if you take it kind of like Oblivion it's not about one person or one group it's about stories.
Also, The story takes place over a period of years. This means your actions have present ramifications. This is also a departure from the Bioware story-writing format which I'm eager to see.

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »
I just hope they keep that literary assassin David Gaider away from actual writing. Keep him tied to a chair, let him offer his ideas, but don't let him pick up a pen or keyboard. Dammit.

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 06:38:40 PM »
LOL ill get the rope you get the chair?

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 06:39:03 PM »
I just hope they keep that literary assassin David Gaider away from actual writing. Keep him tied to a chair, let him offer his ideas, but don't let him pick up a pen or keyboard. Dammit.
Who 'dat?

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
Who 'dat?

He wrote The Stolen Throne, one of the few books so atrociously written I advocate its burning.

No, not really. I'm not for burning books.

But I'm almost tempted to make an exception.

On a brighter note, I finally looked up some gameplay footage on YouTube ... and it does play like Dragon Age. Or, well. I guess it's more action-oriented, but you still have the option to pause and all that. Thank god.

Online Jagerin

• They/Them Pronouns || Alpha Raptor || Fandom Monarch || Estrous Twinkle Particle || Kho's Murdoc || Nic's Scully
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Black roses and Hail Mary's can't bring you back.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 20
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 06:49:30 PM »
I've never played Dragon Age, but the hubby does. We pre-ordered Dragon Age 2 for him a few months ago. He's really looking forward to it.

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 06:51:52 PM »
There keeping it somewhat strategic battle system

Offline Wyrd

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 07:00:06 PM »
He wrote The Stolen Throne, one of the few books so atrociously written I advocate its burning.

On a brighter note, I finally looked up some gameplay footage on YouTube ... and it does play like Dragon Age. Or, well. I guess it's more action-oriented, but you still have the option to pause and all that. Thank god.

He;s also the DA:O head writer (I crime with in it's self). He wrote most of the main characters, and he was a big part of writing the story and dialog to KoTOR, neverwinter nights and Balder's gate 2. And I think we wrote the other DA book as well. lol! Was it really that bad?

Offline Inkidu

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 07:01:11 PM »

Never heard of that book. Is it based on a video game franchise? Because I wish they wouldn't do that. Comic books fine, novels no...

I pre-ordered mine from Game Stop and if you did so before the New Year they upgraded you to the collector's edition for free. So why not.