Oh, God... this will be fun.
- I remember... when cars had no in-built radio. Me, my bro and my mum used to sing the entire two-hour ride to our cottage on the North of my homeland.
- I too remember when you had to get up to change a channel on TV. It also had only 6, the most luxurious ones had 8 channels and a very moody antennae that had to be moved around whenever the rain started to fall.
- I remember VHS, but I remember Beta even before that. I remember watching numerous foreign movies dubbed with only one voice that our dad got I-don't-know-how. I remember watching and re-watching Winnetou on them to the death.
- I remember phone booths on just about every corner, I remember telephones with circular (rotary?) dialing. I remember that we had no telephone in our cottage and I remember my dad sitting long and long minutes in the hall by the one we kept at home when on the phone with someone.
- I remember that we had no piping or canalization on that cottage either, we used to burn wood in a fireplace to keep us warm and my mum cooked on a stove. Fun times! We would put potatoes into the ashes when the fire died and by the morning they would be all cooked up, ready to eat with butter and salt. Yum.
- I remember communism/socialism. Hate it.
- I remember that grocery stores were closed on Sunday and only some were open on Saturday morning.
- I remember the walkman, casette tapes and headphones over the hair. We used to rewind the casette tapes on a pencil, because the walkmans ate batteries as if they were cheap. They weren't. >.<
- I remember sending and receiving letters in nice and perfumed envelopes to and from my other girl-friends. Miss it.
- I remember the excitement when we picked up photographs from our holiday in the atelier and re-living the memories when we went through them.
- I was at the appropriate age to have a big crush on Kelly Family and made a mortal enemy of anyone who mentioned Backstreet Boys in my presence.
- I remember the excitement of my country for our hockey players during the Nagano olympics. I started playing after that.
- I remember watching Sept. 11 all afternoon after I got from school. I was in my final year of college.
- E.T, Blade Runner and Conan the Barbarian were released the year I was born. Good year!
But boy, do I feel old.