Character sheetsIn-character play threadOut-of-character discussion and chat
So, it seems plenty of people like playing D&D here, and Pathfinder looks popular as well (as it is with me). I usually plan my character's career to level 20, even though I know they'll never get there (or usually even level up). But I was thinking of trying my hand at DMing a game (something I've only done maybe two sessions of live) in which all the characters are level 20 (or maybe even epic).
While I'm good with rules, making characters, and nitty-gritty, I'm never quite sure what to do for an overarching campaign. I'm brainstorming ideas for single-event problems and the like, looking through the 100 adventure ideas from the Epic Level Handbook and Book of Erotic Fantasy. Getting into one of those may open up more adventure inside, who knows. But I'm also willing to see what players' (and characters') goals may be. If you want your epic character to slaughter their way through hordes of mundane orcs and undead to feel badass, that's cool. If it's helping a demigod rescue her lover from the abyss, epic planar adventure awaits. Maybe I use the Deities and Demigods book to make up a flighty goddess of lust who decides to take a bunch of adventurers on a magical mystery tour of the planes to get into shenanigans. People can collaborate on a party, or just make up whatever they want and I'll try to find some way of putting them all together (i.e. someone god bigger than you gives you a job).
I guess I would try to balance the gaming vs smut around 50/50? You can either look for trouble and I'll give it to you, or you can "look for trouble," but it ends up being sexual, or however we want it to go. I'm comfortable doing bondage, beyond the two basic genders, shapechanging, etc, as far as kinks go.My first thoughts for character creation:
- Abilities are all 10, with 20 points to purchase more (Pathfinder ability score costs, pg 16). And maybe let's say a free +5 inherent bonus to your abilities (either +5 to one, or spread it out); by now you've probably seduced/coerced/beat some wishes out of a genie. Oh, and I guess we can make permanent Int increases retroactive for skill points (since I always enjoy making skill-monkeys).
- 2 traits.
- Level 20. I think monster CR equals levels, depending on the monster. Minotaur is easy. Balor, less so.
- HP is 1/2 HD + 1 (so a d6 wizard gets 4, a d12 barbarian gets 7, etc).
- I think I'm pretty open to any books for classes, feats, etc. We can include the skill Perform (sexual prowess), maybe with 1 skill trick per rank (a la Guide to Erotic Carnal Knowledge), and 3 bonus sexual feats.
- 880,000 gp. With item creation feats, you may have crafted 1/4 of your budget over your career (an effective budget of 1,100,000). This is weird, but on pg 234 of the Magic Item Compendium, it looks like you can add a deflection or ability bonus to an existing item without having to pay 1.5x the cheaper item's price (like you would combining two items). So that may save some money if you've had to combine two items of your equipment.
So if there's a market for yet another game (this one epic-tier!) I've heard we can (and/or should) post this sort of game in Zaer Darkwail's "NC: Human-System Big Groups: DnD: Shadows and Shades"?
Anyway, I'm very much proposing a skeleton on which to hang a game, and if people are interested, we can bang it out to preference.