- To be a Fan-Bearer meant that one was a courtier, greatly favored by the king, and in return, this group is deeply loyal to Apries. Whatever his mistakes, he is the embodiment of the gods on earth, and deserves the respect and loyalty of his people. And the king is still young, needing only the guidance of his more experienced advisors to make Egypt strong again.They hope to ensure that Apries remains King, using the power of their votes to remove the traitorous Soldiers of the MoonGrand Vizier (1)
- Most senior advisor, second only to the king himself, there is little this person does not know -- about tradition, the history of the Two Lands, and about the courtiers themselves.Once each night, the Vizier may learn the role of another player. The Vizier will also attempt to remove the traitors through the vote.Royal Guard (1)
- Though many of the soldiers favor Ahmose, who is after all a soldier like them, this person is still fiercely dedicated to the rightful king.Once each night, this player may protect one other player from the rebels. The Royal Guard will also attempt to remove the traitors through the vote.Follower of Isis (1)
- The goddess Isis was most commonly invoked by those who practiced the arts of magic, and her powers, as well as those of her loyal worshippers, can be formidable.Once during the game, during a night phase, this player may choose one other player to remove through magic. It will appear as though that person was struck down by the deities themselves...Soldiers of the Moon (3)
- Taking their name from Ahmose (whose name means "the moon is born"), these rebels believe that Ahmose is the only person who can keep the kingdom safe from the threats of the Greeks and the Persians.Once each night, they will attempt to remove one of the loyalists.Just as in the usual game of Mafia, any player can lie, deceive, or mislead as much as they think they can get away with, all in the name of having fun. If you have any questions about these rules, feel free to PM me or ask them in the OOC thread.
~Please don't quote anything directly from any PMs you might send or receive regarding the game; but any information you might get that way can be repeated in your own words as much as you like.
~The traditional day/night cycle will remain. The first night, one of the Fan-Bearers (an NPC) will die! The next day, the players will vote on a character to be removed, and will discover if their choice was a wise one. That night, the Soldiers of the Moon will choose another victim, unless the Royal Guard happens to intervene.
~The Royal Guard may guard the same person two nights in a row!
This is a new rule in my games, so regular players please note this change.
~Please do not vote to lynch yourself. Votes should be in bold
in your posts. No one may abstain from voting.
~When plotting in PMs, please remember to copy me into the conversation.
~Votes can be changed until all the votes are in and tallied.
~The Soldiers of the Moon will all know each other, but no one else will be sure who to trust. Perhaps only those who have the favor of the deities themselves will survive these dark days in the land of Egypt.
- Beguile's Mistress
- Esoteric Myobi
These images can be used as links to the game in signatures! Just select the code and paste it in. Change floatright to floatleft if you prefer. :)