You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 02:12:59 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: M:TG Roleplaying Group  (Read 4019 times)

Offline MMTwo

Re: M:TG Roleplaying Group
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2010, 04:25:51 AM »
Also to throw my hat in on voting this or that.

I would say it may be necessary to do two different games, one free form and one structured. If people don't like the structured rules that are invented, then a freeform game can crop up after.

Offline GryphonCompanion

« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2010, 03:15:25 PM »
So, is this officially dead? Or are we going forward with this? >.>

GC

Offline RemecTopic starter

« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2010, 02:01:29 PM »
So, is this officially dead? Or are we going forward with this? >.>

I have something in mind to kick things off, but just need a few days to get the time to write in quiet. *g*

It would be something more in line with the novel Arena and the follow-up books. ie, Duelists form their decks by learning or being taught spells, and by tagging specific lands for use in tapping into in order to summon previously tagged specific creatures. As such, when a duel begins, you have access to an initial group of resources which slowly increase round by round.

How structured is the rping forum here in terms of can I set up an initial post and let people join as they will (both in the OOC and the IC) or do we need to have a roster of sorts of who's playing upfront before we get started?

8-)

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2010, 07:01:27 PM »
What game? We never even managed to agree on how to set up the rules. ;D

Offline Latooni Subota

« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2010, 02:59:26 PM »
-Notices progress in the thread- Ohsnap, yey!

I'm still in, of course! And Arena-style is my sorta thing, though I still think my PERFECT RULES are besterest ever! :3

Remec, for your structure question, it's pretty much just an issue of your taste. You can do it either way really . . though I always prefer the more structured way of getting a roster of people first. That's just me though :3

Offline RemecTopic starter

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2010, 03:37:28 PM »

Okay, so let's say we want to go with a roster of people, here's everyone who's expressed an interest (interest being defined as posting here):

Ex68471
Saerra  (bowed out 5/1)
TheGlyphstone
GryphonCompanion
Latooni Subota
Katina Tarask
Vandren
bluemoon
alxnjsh
RubySlippers
MMTwo
Zebu
Sanai

8-)

Offline Geeklet

« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2010, 04:23:12 PM »
Just now noticed this thread, and though its been ages since I've played, depending on how the rules turn out, I might be interested.

Offline alxnjsh

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2010, 05:20:30 PM »
Groovy - as long as the rules are fairly clear I'm game.