You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

March 24, 2017, 09:01:28 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Finally getting a thread in here  (Read 3068 times)

Online GeekletTopic starter

Finally getting a thread in here
« on: November 01, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »
Alright, lets see if I can't put my thoughts down into actual words. Some (hell, knowing me, probably most) of these aren't fully fleshed out stories, just ideas or elements that I want to bring into a RP that I'm currently craving. Also please read to the end of this message.

Werewolf: the Post-Apocalypse (FxAny) (Sci-Fi, Exotic, System)
This game is based around the oWoD Werewolf: the Apocalypse system. Its been at least a century since the apocalypse happened, and though the vast majority of the world is a desolate, uninhabitable wasteland, it wasn't the Wyrm who came out on top, it was the Weaver. Pockets of civilization still exist in various pyramids build from glass and steel where humanity still lives, albeit in a disciplined, controlling environment. When the apocalypse came, the Glass Walkers split from the rest of their brethren and outed themselves to the public, taking control over these surviving cities. Any one found with werewolf blood is forced to either join them or be executed. Pockets of resistance still remain, however, as what is left of the Gaians (though there numbers are few) and the remnants of the Black Spiral Dancers have formed an uneasy truce to fight this new threat before they become extinct.

The actual story takes place when one member of the resistance tries to take out a high ranking Glass Walker. From here, the story could go several ways depending on what sort of role and/or character my partner in this RP wants to play. The resistance could fail, and the Walker decides that instead of killing the intruder, it would be much more fun to take them captive and try to break their will. Or the resistance could succeed, but instead of killing the Walker, they are kidnapped and brought to the lower levels in the slums, away from the posh lifestyle they are used to, and force them to see what it is like for the rest of society. Those are just two examples off the top of my head, but there are many more potential possibilities with it.

NOTE: I am very picky when it comes to this story. If you send me a message regarding this, please provide additional details on what you want, and where you want the story to go.

Undercover Doll (FxAny) (Sci-Fi, Mind-Control)
The year is 2095. There have been many reports recently of people disappearing, largely those of lower income and status, that have gone unresolved. A police officer has begun investing this string of disappearances, despite many in their unit trying to pull them away and get back to work on "real" crimes. When the trail leads to a leading manufacturer of robotics who has recently been producing some remarkably life-like androids, the officer finds out the sinister truth, but not before it is too late.(inspired by this picture [semi-NSFW])

In this game, I'd be looking to play the police officer, who winds up getting captured and turned into am obedient doll. This could be through cybernetic implants designed to reduce the free will in the brain, as well as some body alteration. It could also go the full nine yards and do a complete gender swap. Perhaps their partner was secretly working with the company and was the one that tipped them off on the investigation, and in return they would receive the final product to do with as they pleased.

Love in the Wasteland (FxF) (Sci-Fi)

In a future where much of the landscape has been turned into a dusty, barren wasteland, a few pockets of civilization remain. Individual cities are walled off to protect themselves from the hostilities outside. When the daughter of one of these city leaders (pictured on the right) is found outside, she is quickly kidnapped by a group of raiders. Initially, the girl is to be ransomed off. But as the date of exchange approaches, it is learned that she doesn't want to go back, and the leader (pictured on the left) has begun to grow fond of the girl. The bond allows the girl to become more and more like the raiders, as they fight to survive. There are still a few more details that could be worked out once the right partner is found, but this should be a solid foundation at least.

Random Inspirations
These are just a few images that desperately cry out to be used as inspiration for some type of story, I just can't figure out what yet.

Other Ideas
I'm always open to hearing other ideas. Especially since there are times when my brain cannot function enough to come up with ideas on its own (like right now for instance) but sometimes just needs that creative spark from someone else to go "oooh, thats what I like!" Its weird sometimes. I can get awesome ideas for specific characters or settings, but not so much actual plots. So if you PM me, please please please either reference something in this thread, or send me some sort of basic information of a plot or what you want out of a story. I sadly have a tendency to ignore messages that simply say something like "Hey, I see we like the same stuff. We should do something together." Sorry.

One last note, though I am glad to play against any gender usually, I've been leaning towards a preference to play against more feminine characters lately. Not saying I won't discuss other possibilities, but it needs to be something special.

Also, maybe wander over to my Random Pic Dump thread. Some lovely inspiration for plotbunnies in there as well.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:48:58 PM by Geeklet »

Re: Finally getting a thread in here
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 04:15:52 PM »
Well, I finally got around to seeing the Percy Jackson and the Olympians movie, and quite frankly I did enjoy it. Kinda got me wanting to play a Scion game (or something similar). Not really sure what though, but something involving that system, mythos. However, Scion is one of those systems that I've never actually played... just something I saw and liked one time, and have wanted to, but never had a chance.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 04:40:46 PM »
Update: Added 2 new ideas - MtG and You're Dead

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 08:23:13 AM »
Update: Added picture idea, removed a couple others.

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 02:49:32 PM »
Update: Added Queen for a Day

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 04:54:07 PM »
Update: Added 'The New Maid'

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 01:33:33 PM »
Update: Added a new picture idea

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 01:47:16 PM »
Update: Removed a couple ideas, re-worded a few others.

I might just be looking for another game or two now, so I figured I'd clean this post up a bit and bump it.

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 04:57:27 PM »
Update: Added 'Werewolf: the Post Apocalypse'

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 03:58:47 PM »
Update: Removed a taken idea, "The New Maid"

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 08:02:56 PM »
Giving this thread a bump, because I am tentatively looking for a new story to possibly get the creative juices flowing again. A warning, though. I can be extremely picky.

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 07:35:25 PM »
After too long, I think I might finally open myself up for some new RPs again. Made some changes to the original post, mostly getting rid of older stories/ideas that had either been picked, or no longer interest me.

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 06:01:06 PM »
Updated a few things, removed a couple of taken story ideas, added in a new one (Undercover Doll).

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 08:46:05 AM »
Update:

Removed: Queen for a Day

Modified: Undercover Doll

Added: Love in the Wasteland, Random Inspirations