You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 07:53:31 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Suggestion For Seeking Roleplay Forums  (Read 652 times)

Offline The BaronTopic starter

Suggestion For Seeking Roleplay Forums
« on: March 29, 2010, 07:54:31 PM »
Just a thought that I had as I was scouring the local classifieds: How about splitting the One-on-One and other looking for RP forums into a subforums based upon the gender of the role that's looking to be filled? Like there'd be a "Searching for Male Partner" forum, "Searching for Female Partner," searching for Both, searching for either, etc.

I mean this is just an idle thought, and I get the feeling that it's probably been proposed before, but I just wanted to see if this idea was at all feasible as I think it'd be a good one to look into.

Just wanted to contribute this idea to E. :)

Thanks!

Offline alxnjsh

Re: Suggestion For Seeking Roleplay Forums
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 08:43:44 PM »
I think it's a good idea. Currently, in the subject, people are encouraged to mark what they are resting:

m/m or m/f or f/f or ...

I know many people do not and it can be frustrating when searching.

Offline Torch

• Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain/Trieste's sarcasm buddy
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • "Soul meets soul on lovers' lips." P.B. Shelley
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
Yes, but the word "partner" implies to me, the gender of the writing partner. As in "I only want to write with male partners." or "I only want to write with female partners".

I think the word "character" would be much more clear, i.e. "I need a male character role to be filled."

And then you have to divide roles along the lines of orientation. A female character for a F/F game, a male character for a M/F game, and so on.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 09:17:17 PM »
Good point Torch, that's something else to consider.

Offline Kip

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 10:53:23 PM »
Then you also get into the complexity of transgender, intersex, neuter, asexual, etc.  The combinations would be too many to consider separate boards.

The partner search does allow you to already search for characters people would be willing to play so that may be the alternative that should be considered...

Offline alxnjsh

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 10:56:13 PM »
I've seen people use futa, etc. as well. I like Torch's example:

M for M/F would mean male needed for M/F RP.

Oh the complexities. Sometimes I guess ya gotta click, LOL!

Offline Caeli

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 02:43:46 PM »
The partner-searching capability will, in the future, allow you to more easily search for roleplays by the gender of the character whom you are looking for. A 'tagging' feature has also been suggested for the forums, which would potentially allow members to tag threads with key words (fantasy, historical, science fiction, etc.) that would also enable a similar function, though in a different way.

Regardless, neither idea (the second, I don't even know if Veks is intending to implement) will be put into place for a while yet, and we are satisfied with how the request forums are currently divided. If you have trouble finding partners, using the search function might help.

Thank you for your input :-)

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 07:57:59 PM »
Alrighty, just wanted to contribute an idea was all. I'll lock the thread then.

Appreciate you addressing it, Caeli. :)