You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 08:13:39 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: System List Suggestions  (Read 754 times)

Offline VekseidTopic starter

System List Suggestions
« on: August 23, 2009, 03:02:07 PM »
Trying to get more direct commentary from people about the Ons and Offs system, so please place suggestions here if you have any, thank you : )

Offline missvigilant

Re: System List Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 08:54:15 AM »
D&D3.5e = D&D d20?
Also, I suppose it would be more convenient to arrange the D&D systems in chronological rather than alphabetic order.

Offline Trieste

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:07:57 PM »
I wonder, Veks, do you mean to leave all the D&D stuff folded together? I know D&D has a million worlds, but maybe list some of the more popular settings in there? For instance, I like Eberron and I don't mind Forgotten Realms, but maybe Dark Sun is right out? I know you said it's general, but I think it's sort of an important distinction for D&D... kind of like in the WoD. I have no idea about nWoD... I love WoD Mage... would not touch Werewolf without some serious convincing though.

Maybe that's too detailed.

Online HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 02:41:29 AM »
I've heard Dark Sun is to be the next big 'official' world release. I honestly didn't think it was all that popular.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 05:32:41 AM »
I've heard Dark Sun is to be the next big 'official' world release. I honestly didn't think it was all that popular.

It was insanely popular. And also the only major RPG to ever draw from an African heritage that wasn't Egyptian - even Exalted doesn't.

This has given me some thoughts about what to do while designing Elliquiy's CMS, but for now I think I'll specify things as people ask for them, and then for the rewrite, if I can convince people to supporting me in making one, I can do collapsible divisions and so on.

Offline Nessy

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 02:07:22 PM »
Dark Sun was fun, especially for minorities who got a chance to play something that isn't white centric. Dragonlance was fun too, but it seems like a lot of work to take PnP games and separate them out. DnD isn't the only one with a fair amount of different settings/worlds attached to it.

Offline Saku

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 09:24:19 AM »
I have no idea what systems are so yeah... can't offer any advice lol Freeform is the only one I'm familiar with lol

Offline kylie

• Bratty Princess of Twisty, Creeping Secrets. Frilly | Fussy | Framed | Dreamy | Glam | Risky | Sporty | Rapt | Tease | Ironic | Shadowed | Struggling | Whispery | Bespelled
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • Darkly sweet femme for rich & insidious scenarios.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 08:00:39 PM »

Is Big Breasts Small Waist worth an entry? 

(Is it related to BESW?  Lost.  Heh.)

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 08:47:37 PM »
It's name is a pun on BESM and the system has some slight similarities, but otherwise not really.

I think I want to prune the list a bit, really - have the most popular ones listed, 'other' for the rest.

Offline kylie

• Bratty Princess of Twisty, Creeping Secrets. Frilly | Fussy | Framed | Dreamy | Glam | Risky | Sporty | Rapt | Tease | Ironic | Shadowed | Struggling | Whispery | Bespelled
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • Darkly sweet femme for rich & insidious scenarios.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 05:28:08 AM »

I don't mean to sound annoying, and I realize you might want to just do it in more depth with the next version...  But for now, speaking generally from what I'm sensing: The more pruning and Othering you do, the less useful this becomes for me.  And the more I want a searchable input text. 

There's a real risk of creating a nice "middle of the road" person search but actually making things more difficult for people with less commonly-defined interests.  Unless your idea is that they shouldn't use it as often -- or be searched for that way by others -- anyway.

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 08:50:06 AM »
I have to find a balance between the amount of space available and the current system, unless I rewrite it given what I've learned here already (commentary is valuable!).

Which, given the nature of  the complaints, I just may have to... but I have better ideas, now.

Offline shadowChaser

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 09:47:08 AM »
What about Chaoism's Call of Cthulhu System?

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 01:50:58 PM »
What about Chaoism's Call of Cthulhu System?

That's Basic.

Offline shadowChaser

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 06:08:06 PM »
Oh. Didn't realise :)