Inheritance (Exotic, Non-Con, & Freeform) Seeks Stories

Started by Life in Color, December 26, 2023, 08:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Life in Color

Starting with an interest check. <3

What if... Once Upon A Time, Fables, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, Gossip Girl, and Magic: the Gathering settled down into a happy polycule?

Hopefully, this game will look like what you're imagining would be the answer to that question.

Once, the creatures of myth and story lived amongst themselves and were content to wage war on each other, until the wheels of Fortune and Fate were shoved from their normal courses.

The suspected guilty parties were locked away, but normalcy did not return - and the future of the lands where myth and story dwelt began to look darker. Myth and story grew desperate in their hunt for the villain and in their desperation, they released their siblings that they had imprisoned.

And the freed creatures? They chose retribution over co-operation - and it came at great cost for all.

In a coordinated attack, the Greek goddess, Mnemosyne, and The Morrígan struck, destroying the lands and memory of all.

Myth and story have no power, if they are not remembered - but one who remembers all...

Escaped.

For as long as anyone can remember, the idyllic island nation of Eratope has lived independent of the world - even those who leave the island have all always come home.

But, something is coming for the island...

You can hear it's whispers in the wind.

For Inheritance, writers will craft a New Adult-aged character (between 17 and 25), that will eventually discover that they are descended from a figure of myth or story.

Hopefully in enough time to decide the fate of their island.

[color=#940b0b][size=10pt][u]==Basics==[/u][/size][/color]

[b]Name:[/b] Your Character's Legal Name
[b]Age:[/b] Must between 17 and 25
[b]Nickname(s) / Preferred Name(s):[/b] Non-Legal Names
[b]Gender:[/b] Your Character's Gender
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Romantic and Sexual Preference(s):[/b] Your Character's Romantic and Sexual Preference(s)
[b]Relationship Status:[/b] Is your character involved with anyone? Inquiring minds want to know.
[b]Kinks:[/b] Feel free to link to your O/Os here, or assign your character specific O/O's

[color=#940b0b][size=10pt][u]==Relationships==[/u][/size][/color]

[b]Players:[/b] What other PCs does your character know?

[color=#940b0b][size=10pt][u]==Description==[/u][/size][/color]

[b]Height:[/b] Your Character's Height
[b]Weight:[/b] Your Character's Weight
[b]Physical Description:[/b] What does your character look like? Any identifying tattoos, piercings, scars, hair color - or lack there of!
[b]Personality Description:[/b] What is your character like? Be as in-depth as you'd like here, but we'll need at least a little bit.
[b]Background/History:[/b] Where does your character come from? Where have they been? What are their thoughts on the outside world? What is their family situation like?

[color=#940b0b][size=10pt][u]==The Special Stuff==[/u][/size][/color]

[b]Inheritance:[/b] What myth or story, and what character from within it, is your character descended from?
[b]Inherited Power or Weapon:[/b] Choose 1 power of 1 weapon associated with your chosen progenitor.
[b]Strengths:[/b] Please also limit these to 2 at character pitch - what are two things your character is naturally gifted at?
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] At least 4 - everyone has them. Especially at this age.

[color=#940b0b][size=10pt][u]==Related Goodies==[/u][/size][/color]
[b]Face Claim:[/b] You need one!
[b]Theme Song:[/b] Not required, but still fun - another chance to give a good glimpse into who the character is / what they're about.
Face Claim Picture(s): If you don't wanna go hunt these, then let me know at character pitch and know that you're leaving it up to me - and you might not like that.

DeformedCatholic

Tentatively interested- you’re opening this up to characters of Germanic fairytales as well as Greek or other myths?

Life in Color

Quote from: DeformedCatholic on December 26, 2023, 09:19:56 PMTentatively interested- you’re opening this up to characters of Germanic fairytales as well as Greek or other myths?

Oh, yes - super loose with the what's and where from's. 

DeformedCatholic

Quote from: Life in Color on December 26, 2023, 09:23:26 PMOh, yes - super loose with the what's and where from's.

Right. So more like late-season Once where everything was on the table, including Oz and Frozen for some reason? Cool.

Thinking about playing way against my usual type and being a descendent of Adonis or Narcissus, or Robin Hood for something a little easier to define.

But yes, consider this a flag dropped and I’ll have a more robust character concept in a day or so.

Edit to say probably leaning Robin Hood or Hermes, tentative face claim on Tom Holland.

Foxy DeVille

Ghostly Muse

Definitely interested. :) 

Will be working on a CS. 
I'm curious Batgirl are you more of a 7 minutes in Heaven or truth or dare type of girl?

Juggtacular

Descendant of Heracles in the building babeh. Or Hercules if you prefer. Or mebbe Zeus.

AndyZ

I may just put together a witch or something if that’d work for this game, but I’m bad at using canon characters.
Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    Advice for GMs on Elliquiy

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Saric

I'm interested but would like some more information.

You've listed this game in Non-Con and used the word 'polycule', so clearly sexual themes are intended. What are you planing/expecting? What story/smut ratio did you have in mind? You've included 'story' along with myths, is any story available? Does it have to have a certain age or reach a certain popularity? Basically just want a clearer idea of where you intend to go with this game.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Foxy DeVille

I'd like to hear more about Eratope to help with character ideas. General cultural stuff, how it's similar and different than the outside world, things to know while fleshing out a background.