REquest Threads

Started by Greenthorn, October 15, 2023, 11:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

If I remember correctly, I saw that each person was only allowed to have 2 request threads per category. Is this correct? If so, what about older request threads that are not necessarily active (being bumped monthly or updated), do they get deleted or can they remain?

Timeless

Hello there!

They don't get deleted, and they can remain.

QuoteYou may have no more than two active request threads per forum. If we find more than two threads, staff will lock or remove the oldest one. Please make sure that each thread contains unique plots. You may not have two threads with the same ideas listed.

We consider threads that are two months or less from their last substantive post to be 'active'. A substantive post introduces a new idea or plot of some sort to the thread.

When closing a request thread, please do so by editing the title of the first post. Making a new post to close a thread brings your post to the top of the forum just to say that it is no longer active, and pushes down threads that are still actively seeking partners.

You can check here for more information.

Greenthorn

I have another question about request threads and decided to just post here instead of making another new topic! 

I had posted an "interest check" for a big game and after some time have decided that I probably would have enough interest. I'd like to now make an official RT but want to be able to link the "interest check" thread since there were some questions answered in-depth, without overwhelming potential players by copy/pasting those responses. The game is a bit complicated and will already have a lot of information in the official RT. I'm concerned that it may look as if I have two RTs for the same game though.

Is it okay for me to do this without the possibility that the other thread (interest check one) will be deleted?

Timeless

You can actually edit that same thread and change the name to 'Recruitment' - basically what people would do is make interest checks threads. Once they gain enough interest, they just change the title of the thread in the first post to make it an official recruitment thread.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Timeless on November 03, 2023, 07:33:43 AMYou can actually edit that same thread and change the name to 'Recruitment' - basically what people would do is make interest checks threads. Once they gain enough interest, they just change the title of the thread in the first post to make it an official recruitment thread.
I considered that, but then they'd have to scroll through everything. I was hoping to make it cleaner and more organized :)

Greenthorn

Oh! Also, I will lock the interest check one so it doesn't ever get bumped or anything. 

Timeless

Oh, okay! Understandable on that part. In that case, people could just close the interest check and make a new thread as the recruitment one. You can link back to the interest check so people can refer to it.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Timeless on November 03, 2023, 07:55:31 AMOh, okay! Understandable on that part. In that case, people could just close the interest check and make a new thread as the recruitment one. You can link back to the interest check so people can refer to it.
Awesome thank you!