Dark Times In The Wild West Thread (Supernatural Western, Still recruiting)

Started by Untamed Skies, June 03, 2022, 06:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chou chou rheastar

I am interested in this! Have you found a wife for the Sheriff yet?

Wolfling72

Quote from: Chou chou rheastar on June 17, 2022, 05:27:41 PM
I am interested in this! Have you found a wife for the Sheriff yet?

sets out cookies

Yus come to the darkside....

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Wolfling72

I am not sure if Untamed still needs a wife BUT we do still need certain types of people for sure. The writers here are amazeballs-cept for me...I fake like I know what I am doing.

Just, go look at the character thread

LOOKIE!!

And see if ya have any idea on whatcha wanna do... Untamed is really good at incorporating fun stuff. Come and play!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Chou chou rheastar

heheh well my specific idea is for the sheriff's wife but if that is taken I will for sure be making a character.

and you are a WONDERFUL writer, silly!

Wolfling72

Quote from: Chou chou rheastar on June 17, 2022, 06:34:02 PM
heheh well my specific idea is for the sheriff's wife but if that is taken I will for sure be making a character.

and you are a WONDERFUL writer, silly!

Poke da Untamed and ask. I bother him continuously. Even if he doesn't catch you here, he checks his PM's.

Flails

Don't tell people I make the words. They expect stuff.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Chou chou rheastar

Bwahaha well I'll give him a chance to see my PM.

I wont tell!

Kuroneko

Quote from: Wolfling72 on June 17, 2022, 06:26:56 PM
I am not sure if Untamed still needs a wife BUT we do still need certain types of people for sure. The writers here are amazeballs-cept for me...I fake like I know what I am doing.

Just, go look at the character thread

LOOKIE!!

And see if ya have any idea on whatcha wanna do... Untamed is really good at incorporating fun stuff. Come and play!

Wolfi is too modest. They are amazeballs as well!
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Bowen

Ok I had another idea for a character.

Player Name: Bowen
Character Name: Colton 'Colt' McCloud
Face Claim: Anson Mount
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Hetero

Ons & Offs: Bowen's O/O's

Place of Origin: Darkholme
Occupation: Cattle Rancher, owns the McLeod ranch, one of the biggest cattle ranches in these here parts

Personality:  Colton is a rugged man used to hard work. He served in the Cavalry in his youth and can be stone cold when the situation calls for it. Normally he has what you would consider southern manners but without any of the prejudice that region is known for. He is proud of his ranch and family name. He is one of those work hard/play hard type of people. Although he was discharged with honours after achieving the rank of Colonel, the things he saw and did in the army may have given him a bit of a problem with whiskey.

Known History: Colton grew up on a ranch. As the oldest son, he was groomed to take over the family business from a young age. He had a good eye for cattle, understood accounting from a fairly young age and did more than an honest days work. As a young man he was both proud and stubborn, while always showing the manners of a southern gentleman on account of his mom being from Kentucky. When he came of age he joined the army as a cavalry officer.

No one goes into war or jail then comes out softer and kinder for it. It makes monsters out of everyone. The Colton that came back looked like the young man that left until you made eye contact with him. He had seen way too much death and cruelty. As an officer you can't walk away from that, you have to charge into it as per your orders. That look has mostly left him. He smiles and jokes now. When he drinks, the jokes can get dark when not on the presence of women. The look returns when people want to escalate and he's perfectly happy to do his worst to you because he expects you'll do the same.

Alliances: The Law

Dark Secret: Its not a secret. It was taken to court. When he was away in the army his father took ill. His younger brothers took over the ranch and just didn't run it as well as their father did. This had a few of the other ranchers smelling blood and beginning to circle. Ranchers are known to play dirty at times, its just business and all that. When Colton returned his father was on his deathbed and their neighbors came up with some bullshit about surveying rights and that the McClouds were actually on the McFadden land by a few hundred acres. Colton came home to a standoff where the McFadden boys had his sister at gunpoint trying to force his brother Dalt into signing over their land. Its not exactly a situation that required a lot of nuanced thinking or context to understand. Colt called out and told them to put away their weapons and go home. He would get to the bottom of this and they could have a proper discussion.

That's when Joey McFadden cocked the trigger on Rachel. Joey took one to the eye, the three hands beside him went down a few seconds later. Colton knew how to answer savagery with violence. He walked straight at them, not really caring for his life by all accounts--just gunning them all down. At first they were just too stunned to do anything, then the McFadden's were fighting for their lives. And then there were none of them. Colten's parents died not a week after he got home and then the trial started. The facts were on his side. The remaining McFadden's couldn't pay the damages so Colton worked out a deal with the matriarch and purchased her land and cattle at ten cents to the dollar. That didn't sit right with a bunch of people and they grumbled about it. Sure what the McFadden's did wasn't proper either...no one says that to Colt's face though.

Skills:

• Runs a Farm:Colten understands the underpinnings of running a ranch from the ground up. He has done every job from the greenest cowhand to administration. He has a good head for business and is known for his honesty in his dealings. Just don't cross him.
  • Cavalry Officer:A Colonel in the 7th Cavalry Regiment. Always alert and a fair head for tactics with nerves of steel. After four years of intense fighting he has seen what men are willing to do to each other out of cruelty or in desperation to survive. A talented horse rider he led his men to victory in many battles.
  • Leadership:Has that no bullshit way of presenting things along with the gravelly voice. People tend to follow his lead, especially since he also seems to have a plan fairly quickly whenever a situation happens.
  • Firearms:Smooth draw that comes out faster than a snake. He tends to have luck when picking who to shoot next when he's outnumbered.
  • Intimidation:Normally he uses manners to get what he wants done. If you cross him though, his entire demeanor changes. Black eyed looks that let you know you are about to meet your maker without a shadow of a doubt.
  • Painter:Has a talent to paint. Keeps quiet about it. Sometimes its the only thing that keeps his demons at bay.

Skills he's not so good at:

• Tracking: Never much good at tracking.
  • Linguistics: He tried to learn Spanish and Apache, people just asked him to stop and they would get a translator.
  • Drinking: Has a problem with whiskey.
  • Bullies: Hates bullies and will get in their faces.
  • Emotions: He tends to keep these to himself and bottles them up.

Extra: Likes animals more than he does most people. Has three dogs and a cat. Most animals will walk over to him and just try to cuddle or sleep on his lap.

McCloud Brand Letter M on a hat brim

Untamed Skies

I feel like there is a lot of strange things in McCloud's Ranch's future. But I am absolutely happy to have a PC farmer in the mix.

You can consider him accepted.

DrMcQuark

Untamed Skies

Quote from: DrMcQuark on June 23, 2022, 07:02:53 AM
Interest flag planted for my lesbian gunslinger for hire.

Definitely a role that won't go out of style anytime soon. I look forward to seeing what you cook up ^^

Faceclaim list has been updated

Lady Sakura

Can I reserve Renata Notni please?

Work has calmed down and the school doesn't start till the end of August, even though I should be studying for GREs, but plenty of time for another game.  XD

Untamed Skies

About time you joined us!

Face is claimed, looking forward to seeing what you're bringing to Darkholme.

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Untamed Skies on June 27, 2022, 08:22:30 PM
About time you joined us!

Face is claimed, looking forward to seeing what you're bringing to Darkholme.

I wanted a good concept! :P

Quote from: Wolfling72 on June 27, 2022, 08:46:27 PM
YAY!!! Sakky is on the scene!!!

Any chance to have wolfie words I'm all for it! Win-Win situation. <3

Wolfling72

Quote from: Lady Sakura on June 27, 2022, 09:00:31 PM
I wanted a good concept! :P

Any chance to have wolfie words I'm all for it! Win-Win situation. <3

WOOT!! Can't wait!!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Andronica

peeks in

Not gonna lie, I've had my eye on this for a wee while. Very curious about the genre. I might ponder over a character...

Juggtacular

Quote from: Andronica on June 28, 2022, 06:08:01 PM
peeks in

Not gonna lie, I've had my eye on this for a wee while. Very curious about the genre. I might ponder over a character...

Come play with us, Andronica.

https://pa1.narvii.com/6349/08f421dc25c57c7a75d0fc322aa70c9def25961c_hq.gif

Andronica

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Andronica

Quote from: Kuroneko on June 28, 2022, 06:27:50 PM
Andronica, yes please!

<3

I'll check what we've got for the cast thus far and ruminate on some options.

Untamed Skies

Andronica

All right, my darlings, after chatting with Untamed I'm working on a couple of options~ I may end up only sticking with one or two but for the time these characters need to get outta my brain pan ASAP. Just putting these snippets out now to gauge need/want/potential connections for the story so I can make a relevant place for them where possible.

- A drifter who resorted to becoming an outlaw and ended up rather fond of that line of work. The sort of lady who is anything but ladylike, with a bite to match her bark. I'd love to find some lawmen, bounty hunters or otherwise a foil for her among the cast!

- Recently having made the long trip, a proper English Lady from across the pond is now coming to call Darkholme her new place of residence. Back home she was a governess and here she's... well, she's trying to find a spot to nestle in. A relative (or a local lawyer?) sent a letter bequeathing her a nice little home on a plot of land where something is compelling her to stay.

- Lastly a young lady of the night turned brothel owner. A happy accident landed her in Darkholme perhaps in the past year, and she put her talents to work right quick.

Wolfling72

Andro!! We could use some more outlaws...Kuro is running one band but I am sure your lass would fit right in. *nods* plus there are such pretty bounty hunters here...

Also, a "Lady" of the evening never goes amiss. Think of interactions. Think of the flirting...think of the MONEY!!!

Furthermore! *hugs*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's