Caravanserai [The Lotus Restaurant | Calypso’s Bar]

Started by Flower, July 08, 2018, 08:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockeyGod

Name: Brandon Murphy
Date | Time: June 6th 2020 | Mid-Morning
Wearing: Bartender uniform (in the pic)
Tagging: Open

The guests in Mirage seemed to be enjoying themselves. Brandon took the time to continue preparations for the evening rush that would likely happen. There was a large event scheduled and that always kept people busy - including staff. Brandon didn't take Joseph's money, instead all was done via the credit they set up when making a reservation. All would be paid in the end, but the concept of cash was a foreign one to staff of Caravanserai.

Steffy

Steffy Danielle Dubois, Adventurer
Date | Time: post check-in, changed, bar time
Wearing: Summer dress
Tagging: Harry the Waiter, KvR, Khalil, Joseph Edwards and anyone else wandering by

Kati is a little more help than I with the drink.  The cucumber drink.  Is that what they call it?  I nod and smile when she says it.  (Smile).  “Yes, that drink please.”   Besides something chocolate, we might end up with some hummus and some goat.  I don’t know if Kati has lost interest in the ganja in my purse or if she’s just spacey.

I take my purse from the table and open it, revealing the ganja.  I point at Kati and shake my head while smiling.  Then I nod, yes, you may.

A more serious turn has been taken in the conversation with Joseph revealing some rough times.  I smile sympathetically.  “Joseph that sounds so difficult.” 

“Being in this exotic place, on the top of the world, it’s at least a time for a momentary smile right?”

I continue, “Don’t worry.  I won’t do a ‘Danny’.”

I wait a moment before going on.  “That’s what I call it.  A ‘Danny’.  I knew this guy through work.  No matter what, he’d one up you in a story.  It got so, girls would make things up—you know?  Both my grandmothers died in a plane crash—they’d wait for him to come up with the three grandmother tragedy.”   (Giggle).  “So no ‘Danny’ to yours Joseph.”

“Does anyone know about the red light district?  I think that’s where I may need to head eventually.”

Jaclyn

Name: Katrina von Roissy
Date | Time: June 6, 2020. after checking in an d arriving at Mirage, the bar
Wearing: Blue, warm weather onesie
Tagging: Brandon (bartender), a waiter, Steffy Dubois, Joseph Edwards, Open

… with ordering taken care of, I turn back to Steffy and Joseph ... Steffy has her purse open ... points at me and glances at her purse …

  “Ohhhh!”

… immediately clap one hand over my mouth ... then reach for the bag in her purse ... lovely bit of bud there ... and rolling papers …

… glance around ... how paranoid should I be here? ... in this country whose name I don't know ... in the middle of the world's larges desert ... or near the edge of it for all I know ... shrug ... take the bag and roll one up ... glance around again ... shrug …

…  flick the lighter and apply flame to the tip ... take a careful toke to see if it's harsh ... no ... take a deep toke and offer the joint to Steffy who's closest …

… hold the smoke in my lungs and then slowly exhale …

  “Aaaaah. Thanks Steffy!”

… slight buzz begins ... promising! …

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 6 June 2020, mid-afternoon
Wearing: White khakis, white button down shirt with sleeves rolled to the elbow and the buttons only buttoned up to the solar plexus
Tagging: Steffy, Käti, Harry The Waiter, Open

"Danny sounds like he's kind of a dick." Joseph laughed silently, glad that the conversation had begun turning away from the spectacle that he had made of himself momentarily. "But, yeah. Here in this place, this is our veritable Garden of Eden." Speaking of gardens, Käti seems to have finally found what she had wanted. Good for her. Maybe there truly was a risk to take with that business.

"I know that there's a... Joseph's voice would trail off as he looked at the map that Lalita had given him when he came to the desk for check-in. "...a Red Room. But that's the only thing I know of here that has anything to do with a red light. See? Right here." Joseph would then show the map of the resort to Steffy, his finger right next to what he was referencing.

Flower

Name:  Harry the Waiter
Wearing:  Uniform
Tagging: Steffy, Käti, Joseph  --> Brandon

Harry nodded his head when the authoritative gentleman of the trip spoke his order. At first, he was going to rely on his memory...but previous mistakes made him think better of it. He then reached into his back pocket and withdrew a small spiral notebook. Wriggling out the eraserless pencil, he jotted down a few keywords to jolt his memory once back at the bar.

“Y-yes sir,” he said with a nervous smile. “I’ll bring that right out for you.”

Harry waited rather than making a quick retreat; his gaze alternated between the two blondes since it was uncertain to him which one might speak first. His thick eyebrows knitted together when one of the blondes mentioned Brandon’s special drink. Brandon was incredibly creative; he had a lot of drinks. At that point, he looked over their empty glasses for clues. It was a pointless endeavor. Hopefully Brandon was not preoccupied with another customer and remembered what he’d served the women.

“I’ll figure it out,” he murmured in response to them. He was about to stuff the notebook into his back pocket but stopped midway at the mention of food, particularly chocolate and barbecue. “We do actually. I’ll bring you out a sampler of chocolate along with some barbecue for you.”

With all of them returning to their conversation, Harry stuffed his notebook back where it belonged and then picked up their empty glasses. He headed right over to behind the bar where Brandon was thankfully available and not occupied by another guest. The empty glasses clinked against each other as he settled them out of sight behind the bar.

“Hi Mr. Murphy.” Harry used Brandon’s last name despite being told many times doing so was not necessary. It was just ingrained in his head to treat his elders with respect. Plus, he kind of viewed Brandon as a supervisor of sorts as well. Noticeably, his stammer was gone since he felt more comfortable with him than the guests. “Crazy day. Uh. I like it though. I suspect it will be even crazier tonight, right?” Remembering the trio, he added, “Those three. The blondes and really tall guy are asking for more drinks. One of them wants some chocolate to go with it.” His face flushed with warmth as he realized his mistake. “I probably should have offered them the dessert menu, shouldn’t I?”

Steffy

Tagging: KvR, Khalil, Joseph Edwards, Harry, and anyone else wandering by

I’m going to like this Harry.  Clearly determined to please his customers.

Kati seems more in tune with her earlier request and I take the marijuana from her, taking a toke, offering Joseph the next pass.

Once I release my breath, I giggle.  That could be misleading.  “Joseph. I’m thinking it’s not red light.  Sounds sort of sordid sex right?  I’m thinking the shady underworld.  The shadows where illegal transactions take place.  Maybe it is the red door.  That sounds exotic.  Walking through the red door.”

“Don’t get me wrong.  Red light is another visit probably, but shady underworld is what’s on my mind for now.”

I peer at the map.  “I have a feeling my map acuity may be mellowing out, but the map is going to be useful.”

I can feel myself relaxing.  “Well, this is a fun bit of drinks, tokes and ideas.  A business venture that involves camels.  A trek through the ‘red door’ to nab some stolen treasure, what else?”

I smile.  Joseph is comfortable with our conversation.  I haven’t figure Kati out yet.

LocusVonErich

Wearing: White khakis, white button down shirt with sleeves rolled to the elbow and the buttons only buttoned up to the solar plexus
Tagging: Steffy, Käti, Open

"If you're wanting the underworld...you may have to leave this establishment. This place seems hedonistic, almost to the extreme. As far as sordid sex is concerned...I find that to be more of a private discussion. After all, the things we do in the dark...well...that isn't a topic for mixed company." Joseph took a toke and passed it off, not wanting to get his head too clouded.

"Of course. Business over drinks is a pleasure all it's own. They say business and pleasure shouldn't mix...I say they should never be separated. After all, if you can't cut loose, if you can't have fun with those you enter business with, why would you enter business with them at all?" Joseph lit yet another cigarette, feeling a bit guilty about having smoked as much as he had today.

Jaclyn

Date | Time: June 6, 2020. after checking in and arriving at Mirage, the bar
Tagging: Brandon (bartender), Harry (waiter), Steffy Dubois, Joseph Edwards, maybe a blue horse, Open

… the joint comes back around ... take another toke and pass it on ... exhale …

  “Ahhhh!”

… red lights? ... business and pleasure? …

  “Oh I'm all for sordid sex and monkey business. Can I come along?” #Giggle

… squint out into the bright sun ... is that a horse all alone out in the desert? ... if it is, why is it blue? …

Steffy

Tagging: KvR, Khalil, Joseph Edwards, and anyone else wandering by

Joseph carries on with his views, even philosophy.  I raise my eyebrows when he mentions sex.  He’s clear that discussion is not to be in mixed company.  I think that over.  “Too bad Kati.  I knew it!  I had you down as a libertine, but now we can’t talk to figure that out in any detail.  Although under Joseph’s rules we could talk if he were not here, creating mixed company.  You aren’t advocating same sex hookups only are you Joseph?  Oh, but maybe ‘things in the dark’ is not what I think it is.” 

“I’m going to ignore your view of no underworld here because it’s our first day and one really can’t say, although the staff I’m sure have inside information.”

“I will say you are an artful conversationalist.  You are finishing up with a winner view.  The business and pleasure?  Totally agreed.  I mean if I went into the ganja  business with Kati, I’d have fun with her. . . . or stealing artifacts with you . . . fun right?”

I hold my hand out, it being my turn with the ganja.

LocusVonErich

"As long as you aren't trying to do perverse things with animals or children, who you go to bed with is none of my business until you make it my business, and the same goes for me. Being sordid, partaking of the flesh of another is perfectly okay, as long as all parties involved agree. But, it's absolutely tasteless to run around and tell everyone every detail of your relationships and encounters. To 'kiss and tell', as the expression goes." Joseph took a drag of his cigarette, the sun much further east than it had been when they walked outside.

"Sure, I bet the owners of this place have connections that nobody will ever know about. I'm sure that they've got all kinds of things moving, a line of palms to be greased a mile long. But, I don't foresee them being too forthcoming about such matters, especially as the shade of the markets of which they're connected move from white to black. I doubt they would take too kindly to us speculating their affairs. They probably don't see us as anything more than wallets that they can keep a hand in until our money goes bad. Of course, I wouldn't know for certain. I could be completely wrong." Where did that damned waiter go? He would step out of the rotation of the joint, knowing that after a certain point of smoking, he would be completely useless as a conversation partner.

"As for our own proposed adventures, I would definitely put in capital...as long as you're willing to keep me in mind once the profits roll in. As for playing Indiana Jones...I'll let you and Harrison Ford do that type of thing." A snide chuckle passed his lips as he would stub his cigarette out.

Jaclyn

Date | Time: June 6, 2020. later in the afternoon
Tagging: Brandon (bartender), Harry (waiter), Steffy Dubois, Joseph Edwards, definitely a blue camel, Open

… the joint is almost a roach when it comes comes back around ... take it with my fingernails ... a last toke ... another …

  “Ouch!”

… stub it out on an ice cube from my empty drink ... glance at the Steffy and Joseph ... and eat it ... learned that back when roaches were incriminating …

  “Do we need capital? Daddy – bless his perverted soul – has made much possible.”

… look back out again ... nope, not a horse .. another camel? ... blue? ... yes, a blue camel ... a whole line of them! ... nice buzz! …

  “Nice bud, Steffy! Top Euro in Amsterdam!”

Steffy

Tagging: KvR, Khalil, Joseph Edwards, and anyone else wandering by

Joseph excludes certain categories which by my standard don’t even fall into the sex category.  No debate necessary.

Joseph seems to be able to keep a better focus as Kati and I move toward mellow and more mellow.  Kati adds a comment about the product and I languidly nod.

When Joseph mentions Indiana Jones, I sit up a bit.  “Harrison Ford, yes!  I mean if I could get him in a time machine.  An early 30 year old, yep!  But I will tell you that the movies are very exaggerated.”

“Any investment you make Joseph, you’ll get a 15% return before we take our share.  That right Kati?”

I’m fading a bit.  “When it’s just us girls on the job, you can tell me about forbidden topics and techniques that can’t be discussed in mixed company” (giggle).

LocusVonErich

"15 percent?" Joseph had been expecting to haggle his way up to ten. Staying off the ganja may have given him the advantage he needed. Then again, Steffy wasn't exactly all that sober herself, so who knew how much she would remember of this later. "You put it in writing, and I think that's a fair trade." He was doubtful about them committing to actually doing anything, Käti seemed flighty even before she got high...and Steffy...maybe he could change his opinion on "mixed company" after all....

Jaclyn

Tagging: Brandon (bartender), Harry (waiter), Steffy Dubois, Joseph Edwards, maybe not a blue thing at all, Open

… us girls on the job? ... my stomach grumbles …

  “So in the morning?  Or do we need a day to make arrangements for transportation and provisions? And speaking of provisions, I need some!” #Giggle

… sign something …

  “Um, I don't sign anything without lawyers. Mummy taught me that after the crap Daddy tried to pull on their prenup. And notarized and all that bullshit. Sure a handshake isn't enough? I'm good with whatever deal you come up with. I just want to go have fun!”

… nope, they're not blue ... squint harder ... nope, nothing their except a cascade of rainbows to the horizon …

  “Think I'll go inside and get whatever they're bringing us there and munch some bar snacks and refill my drink.”

… touch Steffy's shoulder ... then Joseph's ... inviting them to follow or for later ... threesomes are fun …

… inside I take a seat at the bar …

  “Hey Brandon, another one of those Cucumber things and do you have any bar snacks like nuts or pretzels?”

Flower

Tagging: Käti

A familiar voice behind him made Harry blush to the roots of his hair as he realized perhaps preparing the drinks should have taken precedence to flapping his gums against each other. Yet, it had not been that long, had it? Either way, there was no time to think about it. The lady, Ms Kati (he’d heard the other woman call her that name), had decided to approach the bar rather than wait for those promised drinks to be brought out onto the patio.

“I can make them for you, ma’am,” Harry said in an apologetic tone, skin still flushed with embarrassment. “Sorry for the w-wait.”

With Brandon at his side, he felt a little more confident in his capabilities as a bartender. He knew if he looked like he was going to make a mistake, the more experienced bartender would intervene and help him. It only took a minute or two before he finished the two cucumber drinks along with a Coca-Cola with grenadine and a Woodford Old Fashioned for the gentleman.

“I can bring these drinks out onto the patio for you,” Harry said with a note of questioning in his tone since he was now uncertain of the trio’s plans. “Or would you like to drink them at the bar?”

Steffy

Tagging: KvR (exiting for a bit at least), Khalil, Joseph Edwards, and anyone else wandering by

“Yep.  15 percent.  That’s what I said and that’s what I’ll stick with.  It’s the return on your investment, not 15 percent of the haul.  Rewards abound for recovered national treasures. You get paid first as an investor.”

Kati reveals a little bit of her background.  She’s got a ‘mummy’, presumably money, and lawyers.  She does ask about a handshake and I nod in Joseph’s direction, sticking my hand out.  I look at Joseph’s hand.  If he takes mine, it’ll be easily engulfed by his.  “All that I’m doing is shaking your hand to agree.  No writing.  If that’s not enough, doesn’t make sense to do business as partners.  We’re in the middle of nowhere.  If I’m running, no one’s going to find me to serve papers somewhere else.”

I hope Kati is going to return.  I shout to her as she wanders away, “Hey partner, remind them we’ve requested hummus and chocolate.  Right?”

I shake my head.  “I said I live off adrenaline.  I suspect if Kati stays aboard, she’ll make things interesting.  Probably want to be paid in ganja.  More prep after today.  Lots of prep.”

I take the final sip of my drink.  My lips part as I look again at Joseph.

LocusVonErich

The fact that neither of them would agree to putting things in writing made Joseph all the more wary as to their deal. Of course, she was right, if she tried to run now, she was too far from civilization to be found. This was turning into more of a gamble than he cared for. But...it seemed that if he didn't take advantage of the deal, she would find someone else who would. "If we're going to forego writing, then I think we should up the deal. Fifteen percent on the artifact business, and ten percent on the ganja. You seem more stable-minded, someone I can work with. Käti seems...flighty. She seems like a good person to hang around, pal about with. Business wise, I have to admit, I am indeed skeptical." Joseph took a beat.

"Fifteen percent on the artifacts, ten on the ganja. Those are my final terms, non-negotiable. You're making me gamble here. But, you also seem sure enough that I can trust you to make good. Deal?" Joseph extended his hand out for the handshake, bluffing his way through his hesitation of her even entertaining the proposed terms.

Jaclyn

Tagging: Brandon (bartender), Harry (waiter), Steffy Dubois, Joseph Edwards, Open

… the waiter apologizes ... and blushes so cute too ... Steffy hollers from the patio .... and the waiter asks where we'll have our drinks …

  “Back out on the patio please. And the food we've ordered there too please. Here, I'll take my drink and carry it.”

… my stomach complains loudly …

  “We're getting a little bit hangry, y'know?”

… sniff the air carefully ... did any of or smoke waft in here? ... hope not ... the air pressure is out as it's supposed to be for a place like this …

… with drink in hand, head for the patio and hold the door for the waiter ... should I tweak his cute butt? ... nah …

… walk over to the railing to look out ... let Steffy and Joseph figure out the logistics of our venture while I wait for the food …

… this heat is amazing! ... so dry and even more dry! ... going to need a soak and lots of lotion before bed ... wonder if I can get a massage therapist in my room so that I can get properly lotioned …

Flower

Tagging: Käti --> Kati, Steff, Joseph

Harry grimaced at the sound of the other woman hollering a reminder about food before he nodded his head in understanding. He blushed all the more, a little unnerved, when the woman mentioned being ‘hangry’ but did not offer any verbal response to her proclamation.

He followed after her, carrying a silver tray, and then settled an assortment of drinks onto the table. There was the gentleman’s Coca-Cola with grenadine and a Woodford Old Fashioned along with the lady’s Hendrick's and tonic with a bit of cucumber. In addition, he settled three glasses of ice water onto their table along with some straws. The last items he grabbed from the silver tray were some pretzels. They weren’t bagged but they were delectable. Some of them were ordinary pretzels while the others were covered in chocolate.

“I’ll be back with your other requests,” Harry announced before he headed back inside and out of the sun.

He returned shortly afterwards with some hummus and pita bread along with varying types of chocolate for them to eat as well. It took a bit longer for Kati’s barbeque but eventually her dish was served as well.

With all of their orders satisfied, Harry headed back to work and assisting other guests.

Steffy

Tagging: KvR, Khalil (if he ever returs), Joseph Edwards, Harry the bartender and anyone else wandering by

I don’t shriek, but I do raise my voice and its pitch: “Stopppp!!!”  Harry’s off about his duties.  My impression of him is solidified—the dishes could not have been any more perfect.  BUT, I take the attitude of dealing with some poisonous desert snake.  Walking up to the water with great deliberation, I snatch the straws.  “These things, the straws, are reeking havoc on the environment.”  I put the straws in my purse to return them to the bar later with a lecture of sorts.  “Joseph, if you’re all keen on investing, straw cleanup would be great.  I also heard about a startup for recyclable straws.”

“You can have a piece of the ganja business, but you have to know that’s not my focus.  We’ll see on that.  Kati may be incentivized to create a supply line.”

I relax more, already being relaxed, smile and stick out my hand once again, “Deal.  15 and 10.”

LocusVonErich

Joseph watched as Steffy would take the straws away. He did wonder why they would have used plastic straws if they were that concerned about their environment. "You get more information on that, I may take you up on it." Joseph said of her proposition towards reusable straws. Taking the plate of hummus, he would use a pita triangle to scoop some up. It wasn't bad, could have used a bit more garlic.

"I asked less of the ganja for specifically that reason." Joseph would then shake her hand."I think we're at the start of a mutually beneficial partnership. A toast, to new friends, new money, and new horizons." Joseph then raised his glass to Steffy.

Jaclyn

Tagging: Steffy Dubois, Joseph Edwards, Open

… what's with the straws? ... I like straws! ... oh well, the rim tastes good too …

… sit down at the table in front of what may be barbecued goat ... pick out a piece with my fingers ... not too hot ... lift it to my mouth and put it in ... tastes interesting ... Mummy always said to try new things ... Steffy says something about me and a supply line ... lick my fingers and gesture to the dish of barbecue …

  “I'm more of a demand line, just so y'know. Somebody's gotta step up and do demandin' or no one will do any supoplyin'” #Giggle

  “This goat is really tasty! Have some. It's got a kick like Indian curry.”

… take another bit in my fingers and push the dish toward them…

HockeyGod

Name: Brandon Murphy
Date | Time: June 6th 2020 | Afternoon
Wearing: Bartender uniform (in the pic)
Tagging: Open

As guests continued to enjoy themselves at Mirage, Brandon continued to ensure that the drinks flowed. With a request for Katrina he found all the wonderful snacks that the Mirage offered to help offset the amount of liquid being passed around. The snacks at Mirage included the traditional nuts, pretzel, and pub mix. In addition they offered crispy chick peas - they went through a ton of chick peas making hummus and other exotic main dishes - as well as olives. The salt often counteracted sweet drinks nicely.

Brandon made sure everyone also had a bottle of Mirage water to go with their drinks. It was easy to get dehydrated taking in only spirits.

Steffy

Tagging: KvR, Khalil (last chance), Joseph Edwards, and anyone else wandering by

And our business is concluded!  A handshake and a tip of the glass.  I nod at Joseph’s toast and take a sip of my drink, adding “Cin! Cin!”  I giggle.  “That sounds like sin, sin, but it’s an Italian toast, the sound from clinking glasses.” 

Kati passes the selections our way.  I’ve munched on the chocolate and have no hesitancy to take on some hummus. 

I shake my head at Kati.  “Kati, do I get the sense that the word ‘work’ is something associated with others?  Not you?  Maybe you could take on the ganja as a new experience.”

Jaclyn

Name: Katrina “Käti” von Roissy
Tagging: Steffy Dubois, Joseph Edwards, Open

… try the hummus and pita ... yummy too ... Steffy asks about me and work …

  “So I do work. Daddy used to say my job was to put money back into circulation and that I should do that as fast as I possibly could. He said that's why his will split me and Mummy off on separate trusts. I have mine and she has hers and we get together sometimes to talk about how we're spending our inheritances.”

… more goat and chew it ... lick my fingers …

  “So if you need capital for your venture, I can help. If I get my hands dirty, it'll be playing.”

… sip of my drink …

  “So I heard there was some sort of welcome shindig here tonight? You guys heard anything about that? Maybe find some other people who want to go out into the desert with us?”