You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 11:13:28 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: "Game?"  (Read 630 times)

Offline FishTopic starter

"Game?"
« on: January 21, 2009, 01:47:18 AM »
I keep seeing things being referred to as "games" here, and I'm not sure what that means.  I found the dice a few times, but other than that, I'm a bit confused.  Do the roleplays here consist of dice rolling to determine things, or can we just do one on one straight to the point roleplaying?  Sorry if this seems obvious, I'm just new here, and it's a bit intimidating. .__.

Offline Vekseid

Re: "Game?"
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 01:51:00 AM »
Role plays are often referred to as games whether or not there is any element of chance involved.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 01:51:41 AM »
For the most part, the terms "roleplay" and "game" and "story" are used somewhat interchangeably here. It really depends on the member's background in roleplaying, writing, and the like.

But yes, you can do one on one roleplaying, without dice rolls and a system.

Offline FishTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 03:18:19 AM »
Oh, phew.  Thank you. ^^

Offline Haibane

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 05:26:09 AM »
To me it is all RPG - role-playing games. I think that was the original title the Dungeons and Dragons founders coined, and its since been used by live role-players too. I actually dislike the story-writing style some people prefer; I find it too detached and cold. Others of course have different preferences. They're all valid.