You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 31, 2020, 02:30:17 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Server Status and Thanks

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [DnD 5e] The Advent of Shadow (Closed)  (Read 8249 times)

Offline Priapus89

Re: [DnD 5e] The Advent of Shadow (Recruiting Open until 7 Sep)
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2017, 03:03:59 PM »
Hmmm I think I'll make a cleric 

Offline Naughty Miss AdventureTopic starter

« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2017, 09:32:21 PM »
Domina
CN Female Half Elf Warlock

Physical: Beautiful auburn hair half elf maiden, that is a fraternal twin.  Shorter then her brother, as she stands only 5'4" to his 6' in height.   Through he says his hair is the color of maroon,  she proscribes own hair as being auburn.   Like her brother's her eyes are a rich emerald hue.

Personality: A dark mysterious side. Who seems to relish in power and holding sway over others.  Outwardly a malevolent spirit.  Who uses her wiles to gain those unsuspecting.  Yet a hidden compassion that is drawn out by her twin.  A dark soul with a flicker of light tethered to her twin brother.   As Kyras skin hue is pale in complexion.   Like her soul, Domina's skin is a dark tan hue.  Almost as if with her brother a ying yang dynamic is represented.

Sexuality:  Predominately heterosexual, through will engage in bi-sexual endeavors.

Background: Twin fraternal sister to Kyras.  As he her twin followed in their father's footsteps.  Domina is drawn towards the life of a gypsy.   Those mystics that range from prophets, soothsayers to fortune tellers that travel from town to town.   Such gift is awaken within Domina.   A other worldly patron. That awakens within her such mysticism. 

So as Kyras path leads towards being a champion of the people, a hero.  Domina path is led towards using others.  With the inherent belief that such is destine because it is so with others weaknesses.   While Kyras trains with their father.   The otherworldly patron whispers into the mind of the young dark soul that is Domina.   As a old gypsy woman tutors her in the way of the pact. In becoming a fortune teller that reads palms and casts rune stones to read.

Like her brother, she came to live in the peaceful region in the Varrenwood, near the Misthorn mountains.  As their father had brought the family to the region.

This seems awesome. Expect a character tonight. :)
Welcome ESG and Priapus!

Question: do dragonborn have dragonborn parents? Or are they born to humans with some dragon blood in their lineage?
In this setting they're born like normal humans.  It's something that usually manifests when two parents carry dragon traits in their bloodline, very rare, but no unheard of - a dragonborn and human have at 50% chance at another dragonborn, two humans with dormant dragon blood probably down to 20%, but two dragonborn parents will always produce another dragonborn.

I could potentially bump Damien up to bi-curious. Especially if a lady he has a thing for talks him into it, or if there's some genderbending elements in the mix. I've written guy on guy before, but I kinda have to ease into it.
No need to worry on that account clonkertink, since I was mostly hoping for it being between PCs, though their doesn't seem to be any bottoms O:)

Thank you for the consideration though! :-)

Offline shmone else

« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2017, 09:44:14 PM »
Hi there! I just saw that this was recruiting and I'm very interested, going through the background material now to see what catches my eye. I should have a character by tomorrow.

« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2017, 09:54:43 PM »
Hi there! I just saw that this was recruiting and I'm very interested, going through the background material now to see what catches my eye. I should have a character by tomorrow.
Likewise welcome shmone else :-)

Online clonkertink

• [Noob-Friendly][Systems Machine][Dapper Automaton][Pied Piper of Perverts][Duly Elected Boob Minister][Junker]
  • God
  • Addict
  • Beware, I was cursed by a wicked dice witch.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 21
« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2017, 09:55:23 PM »

No need to worry on that account clonkertink, since I was mostly hoping for it being between PCs, though their doesn't seem to be any bottoms O:)

Thank you for the consideration though! :-)

Oh, I definitely don't mind bottoming. Pegging is totally cool, futa on guy is intriguing. And honestly, in guy on guy roleplay, bottoming interests me more. It just needs to be with the right guy, possibly with the encouragement of the right girl.

Offline CeruleanSerenity

« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2017, 10:13:38 PM »
Okay. The weekend was pretty hard on me... but I'm recovering and I think my sheet is all in order now. Let me know if there are any problems.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Iris

Race: Tiefling
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual (no preference)
Class: Rogue 1
Background: Urchin
Alignment: Chaotic Good

HP: 10/10
AC: 15 (studded leather; 13 unarmored)
Speed: 30 ft.

Hit Dice: 1/1
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Insight: 10

Str 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Con 14 (+2)
Int 12 (+1) Wis 10 (+0) Cha 12 (+1)

Attacks

Unarmed +1 to hit, 2 bludgeoning
Shortsword +5 to hit, 1d6+3 piercing
Dagger +5 to hit, 1d4+3 piercing (thrown 20/60)
Shortbow +5 to hit, 1d6+3 piercing (80/320)

Proficiencies
Weapons: Simple, Rogue (hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords)
Armor: Light
Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Athletics (Str), Deception (Cha), Perception (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Stealth (Dex)
Saves: Dexterity, Intelligence
Languages: Common, Infernal, Thieves' Cant
Other: Disguise Kit, Thieves' Tools

Feats:

Athlete:
-Increase Dexterity by 1.
-Standing up from prone costs 5 feet of movement.
-Can climb at full speed.
-Can make a running jump after 5 feet of movement.

Features:
Background City Secrets: When not in combat, you and anyone you lead can travel between locations in a city twice as fast.
Racial Infernal Legacy (Thaumaturgy cantrip)
Racial Hellish Resistance
Racial Darkvision 60 ft.
Class Expertise (Athletics, Stealth)
Class Sneak Attack (1d6)

Inventory
shortsword
dagger
shortbow
-quiver (20 arrows)
studded leather armor
thieves' tools
pouch
clothes, common

Iris has been alone for as long as she can remember. Well, maybe alone isn't quite the right word; she wouldn't have survived as a child if not for the generosity of the locals, and her earliest memories are of pestering local tavern-goers for food and stories. But she never really had a proper home, and she never knew her parents. Who they were, and why they left her in Besander, nobody claims to know... but she can guess.

Iris is a youthful, fair-skinned girl almost out of her teens, with jet-black hair and bright green eyes that give a piercing edge to what is otherwise a usually unkempt appearance. She's just a bit short for her age, but she's tougher than you'd think; her body is lithe and toned, and quite noticeably developed in all the other ways she could have hoped. She keeps her hair somewhat past shoulder-length and typically tied back, and when she's not dressed for bad weather or trying to hide her identity, tends to wear as little as she thinks she can get away with - a piecemeal outfit she has scrounged up and replaced or modified over time, cut inexpertly for comfort and catching wandering eyes.

But despite her appearance Iris is not quite human, but a tiefling, said to be cursed by some dark power - and possessing some uncanny abilities to prove it. While she never got much of an education, she picked up enough about the subject from gossip and tall tales to know what this means, and guards her secret with her life. She doesn't think she's a monster, and she sure tries to be good, but the doubt always nags her and the fear of what will happen if she's found out is even worse. But she's used to dealing with that. Mostly she tries not to think about it, and she doesn't stick around anyone too long.

Ever since she was old enough, Iris has been getting along by helping out and taking on odd jobs where she can, and scrounging for more where she can't. She's not above a little stealing too, but only when she thinks someone won't miss it - she doesn't want to hurt anyone, but, well, she needs to live. And rule-breaking is fun. She's gotten a reputation as a troublemaker and, over the past couple years, an inappropriate flirt, and neither is really undeserved. Iris has always had a knack for mischief and a liking for testing limits, and when puberty hit her hard (and treated her well), she developed a serious perverted streak that hasn't helped matters at all.

Publicly, at least. Iris seems to have her charms, and more people like her in one way or another than would care to admit it. Life in Besander hasn't been too bad for her, and she's still getting along as comfortably as can be expected without listening to her elders and settling down into a proper hardworking farm life like the others. But with every season that passes, she thinks a little more about the future, and she worries. Iris has never known a life beyond her little village, and the thought of being stuck there living like this until she's old and wrinkled is starting to scare her. Maybe it's time she did something about that.

Not that she's sure what that "something" should be.

I'm not quite sure about the Urchin background's feature - given that she grew up in a tiny farming village, having a knack for navigating cities seems a bit odd. But maybe we can handwave it as adapting her experience on the dirt streets to more crowded environments? Or would you rather change it?

« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2017, 10:18:50 PM »
Oh, I definitely don't mind bottoming. Pegging is totally cool, futa on guy is intriguing. And honestly, in guy on guy roleplay, bottoming interests me more. It just needs to be with the right guy, possibly with the encouragement of the right girl.
Well, we'll see how it goes ^_^

Let's not make it one of those things you go out of your way for

Okay. The weekend was pretty hard on me... but I'm recovering and I think my sheet is all in order now. Let me know if there are any problems.

Iris

Race: Tiefling
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual (no preference)
Class: Rogue 1
Background: Urchin
Alignment: Chaotic Good

HP: 10/10
AC: 15 (studded leather; 13 unarmored)
Speed: 30 ft.

Hit Dice: 1/1
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Insight: 10

Str 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Con 14 (+2)
Int 12 (+1) Wis 10 (+0) Cha 12 (+1)

Attacks

Unarmed +1 to hit, 2 bludgeoning
Shortsword +5 to hit, 1d6+3 piercing
Dagger +5 to hit, 1d4+3 piercing (thrown 20/60)
Shortbow +5 to hit, 1d6+3 piercing (80/320)

Proficiencies
Weapons: Simple, Rogue (hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords)
Armor: Light
Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Athletics (Str), Deception (Cha), Perception (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Stealth (Dex)
Saves: Dexterity, Intelligence
Languages: Common, Infernal, Thieves' Cant
Other: Disguise Kit, Thieves' Tools

Feats:

Athlete:
-Increase Dexterity by 1.
-Standing up from prone costs 5 feet of movement.
-Can climb at full speed.
-Can make a running jump after 5 feet of movement.

Features:
Background City Secrets: When not in combat, you and anyone you lead can travel between locations in a city twice as fast.
Racial Infernal Legacy (Thaumaturgy cantrip)
Racial Hellish Resistance
Racial Darkvision 60 ft.
Class Expertise (Athletics, Stealth)
Class Sneak Attack (1d6)

Inventory
shortsword
dagger
shortbow
-quiver (20 arrows)
studded leather armor
thieves' tools
pouch
clothes, common

Iris has been alone for as long as she can remember. Well, maybe alone isn't quite the right word; she wouldn't have survived as a child if not for the generosity of the locals, and her earliest memories are of pestering local tavern-goers for food and stories. But she never really had a proper home, and she never knew her parents. Who they were, and why they left her in Besander, nobody claims to know... but she can guess.

Iris is a youthful, fair-skinned girl almost out of her teens, with jet-black hair and bright green eyes that give a piercing edge to what is otherwise a usually unkempt appearance. She's just a bit short for her age, but she's tougher than you'd think; her body is lithe and toned, and quite noticeably developed in all the other ways she could have hoped. She keeps her hair somewhat past shoulder-length and typically tied back, and when she's not dressed for bad weather or trying to hide her identity, tends to wear as little as she thinks she can get away with - a piecemeal outfit she has scrounged up and replaced or modified over time, cut inexpertly for comfort and catching wandering eyes.

But despite her appearance Iris is not quite human, but a tiefling, said to be cursed by some dark power - and possessing some uncanny abilities to prove it. While she never got much of an education, she picked up enough about the subject from gossip and tall tales to know what this means, and guards her secret with her life. She doesn't think she's a monster, and she sure tries to be good, but the doubt always nags her and the fear of what will happen if she's found out is even worse. But she's used to dealing with that. Mostly she tries not to think about it, and she doesn't stick around anyone too long.

Ever since she was old enough, Iris has been getting along by helping out and taking on odd jobs where she can, and scrounging for more where she can't. She's not above a little stealing too, but only when she thinks someone won't miss it - she doesn't want to hurt anyone, but, well, she needs to live. And rule-breaking is fun. She's gotten a reputation as a troublemaker and, over the past couple years, an inappropriate flirt, and neither is really undeserved. Iris has always had a knack for mischief and a liking for testing limits, and when puberty hit her hard (and treated her well), she developed a serious perverted streak that hasn't helped matters at all.

Publicly, at least. Iris seems to have her charms, and more people like her in one way or another than would care to admit it. Life in Besander hasn't been too bad for her, and she's still getting along as comfortably as can be expected without listening to her elders and settling down into a proper hardworking farm life like the others. But with every season that passes, she thinks a little more about the future, and she worries. Iris has never known a life beyond her little village, and the thought of being stuck there living like this until she's old and wrinkled is starting to scare her. Maybe it's time she did something about that.

Not that she's sure what that "something" should be.

I'm not quite sure about the Urchin background's feature - given that she grew up in a tiny farming village, having a knack for navigating cities seems a bit odd. But maybe we can handwave it as adapting her experience on the dirt streets to more crowded environments? Or would you rather change it?
Oh dear, I hope it was nothing serious :-[

On note of the urchin thing, perhaps you can assume she grew in the bigger town of Baroc before making her way to Besander.

Offline CeruleanSerenity

« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2017, 10:31:31 PM »
Oh dear, I hope it was nothing serious :-[
It wasn't, don't worry. I don't even know what it was, to be honest... nothing in particular, at least. Maybe it was just too much work and not enough sleep.

On note of the urchin thing, perhaps you can assume she grew in the bigger town of Baroc before making her way to Besander.
Oh, I completely forgot about Baroc... that should work, thank you.

Offline ZameRagues

« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2017, 11:45:46 PM »
*Looked up Cerulean's Character Avatar out of curiosity*

Offline CeruleanSerenity

« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2017, 12:40:11 AM »
I have seen a few of the character before, though not all of those... I don't know if she's an established character or just someone the artist likes to draw. I'm not very familiar with the artist either, but I do like some of his work.

Offline ZameRagues

« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2017, 12:54:07 AM »
It looks like it's just an artist's character that they draw.

Offline shmone else

« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2017, 02:18:58 AM »
Anyone know what setting I should change to actually see the pictures? They've got a warning symbol on them and I'm not sure how to disable it.

Finding good pictures of orcs is also harder than I'd thought it would be. Probably still going to make a (half)-orc barbarian, though.

e: Oop, found one I like. Background and sheet for tomorrow.
http://i.imgur.com/qiLbtKt.png Linked because of adorable SFW family pic.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 01:17:53 PM by Oniya »

Offline CeruleanSerenity

« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2017, 02:38:28 AM »
Anyone know what setting I should change to actually see the pictures? They've got a warning symbol on them and I'm not sure how to disable it.
I don't think I've ever heard of that happening before... it might not be the site. Maybe your browser is blocking them for some reason?

If you can't figure it out, you could try asking in the help section of the board.

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Lady White Wolf | Bucky Bait/Buckygirl | Howling's Dagger | Queen of the Underworld | A sentient pile of kittens | Always blame Bucky | Myers Fangirl
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2017, 03:16:12 AM »
I'd be interested. I'm rather a newbie when it comes to D&D stuff, though. I'm familiar with Pathfinder, but not much else. :-(

What will be the pace of the game? Sorry if this was asked. It's 4:15am for me... lol

Offline Caitlin

« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2017, 03:18:54 AM »

Finding good pictures of orcs is also harder than I'd thought it would be. Probably still going to make a (half)-orc barbarian, though.

Awww <3

« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2017, 03:41:02 AM »
Not altogether sure myself what setting it might be.  Sorry :-[

I had a quick look through the profile options, but can't seem to find anything.

I'd be interested. I'm rather a newbie when it comes to D&D stuff, though. I'm familiar with Pathfinder, but not much else. :-(

What will be the pace of the game? Sorry if this was asked. It's 4:15am for me... lol
Hello persephone, welcome!  For now, though it might change, I'm going to say I'll be updating/advancing the game with 2 or 3 posts a week.  But I may aim for more if everyone manages to get something up in faster order.

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Lady White Wolf | Bucky Bait/Buckygirl | Howling's Dagger | Queen of the Underworld | A sentient pile of kittens | Always blame Bucky | Myers Fangirl
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2017, 04:48:42 AM »
Alrighty! I'll see if my muse will cooperate with me after some sleep. Lol

I have been itching to play a Tiefling... ^^

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2017, 01:12:52 PM »

I reported this to staff so they can take it down asap but just as a reminder no underage characters can be in any image on e, even fictional species.

Offline shmone else

« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2017, 02:30:23 PM »
I reported this to staff so they can take it down asap but just as a reminder no underage characters can be in any image on e, even fictional species.

Whoops, yeah. Sorry about that!

Offline Lyku

« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2017, 06:01:48 PM »
Any room for one more?

Offline vastowen456

« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2017, 07:33:12 PM »
(Sorry if something is missing. If it is, please inform me!)
Trenton Brax
(Uh, it seems the sheet isnt working, it wont let other people view it. Hold on..) (Fixed it!)
Backstory: Trenton was raised

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 12:19:53 AM by vastowen456 »

Offline CeruleanSerenity

« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2017, 07:50:08 PM »
Any room for one more?
I think the GM will be selecting about 6 players from the applicants, and recruitment is open until tomorrow. There's still time for you to get something in.

« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2017, 11:58:53 PM »
Welcome to newcommers!

(Sorry if something is missing. If it is, please inform me!)
Trenton Brax (Stronghammer)
(Uh, it seems the sheet isnt working, it wont let other people view it. Hold on..) (Fixed it!)
Backstory: "("I was raised by an impromptu family of thieves and criminals, a group of men who trained me in my craft from the time I was old enough to steal, or to slit a throat." -Stronghammer)  He grew up into becoming a so called Velvet-masked bounty hunter, one who disguises himself as a noble and lives a separate life as one, only to catch those thieves or criminals that prey on the rich. While this was true, he was ultimately a thief. He used the power of his position to steal from the very nobles that he was protecting.

Life was perfect. He was achieving his life goal of becoming the greatest thief, and he had become known as the Shadow Thief, his thievery nickname, and Stronghammer, his bounty hunter alias. It was known that The Shadow Thief was a tiefling, but that was every hint they had.

His one mistake was trusting someone. He became close to one of the nobles, a woman that had become a noble out of her own willpower, grown from a low criminal up to the status of a noble. They fell in love- he loved her, and thus shared his secret with her. They were partners for months before he was burned.

She told that she knew who the Shadow Thief was, and thus traded his freedom for riches, becoming more cemented as a rich noble with connections. She asked to be the one to execute the Shadow Thief as her reward for finding him- He was tied, tied in a bag and thrown into the river. Why this was done instead of a more proper execution or imprisonment is unknown. His body has not been found." 

- The Book of Notable Thieves | Edition XIV

Unknown to the public, he survived the ordeal. She loosened the knots on his wrists and ankles beforehand, and when she threw him into the river, he let himself get downstream aways before escaping into the wilderness. He walked for days- possibly weeks, searching for a sufficiently far enough away small town to lay low. He thought at the time he would start again after a few years, but he actually just ended up retiring- though he still had his urges to steal and his need for a reputation, he could suppress it. He became well known as a charismatic storyteller, a man who loves to recite stories in exchange for drinks.

Just a quick note vastowen, the characters are meant to be built as the very basic kind with little life experience outside of a village life (you may want to check the world building thread in the OP post for that), so it sort of precludes more world-wise types.  And, as a 1st level PC, your character may not quite live up to the reputation and prowess you've built him to be (keeping in mind that 1st level is about as green as a character, PC or NPC, can get)

Just a quick reminder to all that there's about 1 day, dependent on where you are in the world, left to get characters in.

I'm going to be taking up to 7, simply because I believe there will be some dropping out due to whatever reasons may apply.  I've already made up my mind on 5 of the presented PCs, so 2 remain.

Offline vastowen456

« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2017, 12:10:48 AM »
Welcome to newcommers!
Just a quick note vastowen, the characters are meant to be built as the very basic kind with little life experience outside of a village life (you may want to check the world building thread in the OP post for that), so it sort of precludes more world-wise types.  And, as a 1st level PC, your character may not quite live up to the reputation and prowess you've built him to be (keeping in mind that 1st level is about as green as a character, PC or NPC, can get)

Just a quick reminder to all that there's about 1 day, dependent on where you are in the world, left to get characters in.

I'm going to be taking up to 7, simply because I believe there will be some dropping out due to whatever reasons may apply.  I've already made up my mind on 5 of the presented PCs, so 2 remain.
Ah, okay yes. My bad- I forgot that we are first level. (I'm used to starting at 3rd or 5th level)

I will re-write that :P

Now I feel silly XD

incredibly silly.
I'm going to keep the character, just re-do the backstory so that it's less extravagant xD
Actually no, the backstory is integral to the character's build, so I think I'm just gonna hop out on this one, and keep the character in reserve.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 12:33:28 AM by vastowen456 »

« Reply #174 on: September 07, 2017, 01:02:40 AM »
Ah, okay yes. My bad- I forgot that we are first level. (I'm used to starting at 3rd or 5th level)

I will re-write that :P

Now I feel silly XD

incredibly silly.
I'm going to keep the character, just re-do the backstory so that it's less extravagant xD
Actually no, the backstory is integral to the character's build, so I think I'm just gonna hop out on this one, and keep the character in reserve.

Good luck!
I understand vastowen.

I have just posted up the OOC page.  No one should post in it, until your character has been officially confirm here in the recruitment thread.  The reason I'm directing everyone to it is because it contains some pointers that everyone should be clear on and agree to.  If any of them are going to be a problem, it would be a good time to bow out (or PM me if you don't want to do so publicly).