You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 29, 2020, 09:21:55 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

"Thank You Veks"
You're the best!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [DnD 5e] The Advent of Shadow (Closed)  (Read 8233 times)

Offline Caitlin

Re: [DnD 5e] The Advent of Shadow (open for Character Applications)
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2017, 01:21:55 AM »
I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but you get to add your modifier in, for example, acrobatics when you're not proficient in it. :-)

Cool character by the way, I've always been fonds of clerics and yours is giving me inspiration for future games of my own. ;D

Offline Snake

« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2017, 01:23:12 AM »
Wow this is filling up faster than a tankard in a beer festival.

Offline Naughty Miss AdventureTopic starter

« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2017, 01:38:15 AM »
I think I'll need to consolidate all of them in the opening post to keep track and so that everyone knows too.

Also, just to note, the cosmology and mythology will be getting a bit of an overhaul so don't think to rely on OCC knowledge - it'll still be D&D, just different >:)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:34:45 AM by Naughty Miss Adventure »

Offline Caitlin

« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2017, 04:24:38 AM »
I think I'll need to consolidate all of them in the opening post to keep track and so that everyone knows too.

Also, just to note, the cosmology and mythology will be getting a bit of an overhaul so don't think to rely on OCC knowledge - it'll still be D&D, just different >:)
This is the reason why I haven't filled in the Deity part on my sheet yet. I'd have to learn what's available first when it comes to deities. :D

« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2017, 04:39:30 AM »
The current deities are drawn from the Eberron list.  All present with the except of the Blood of Vol.  They're still there as presented, though their stories may be different.

Likewise, it will not just be the gods, but also how other races are placed and their role in the world - by way of example, orcs are not the standard villain horde in the world and are more into the position of the 'barbaric people' type; hence why half-orcs don't have the same social stigmata in this world.

I needn't extrapolate too much on it, as the characters are pretty much village bumpkins (no offense! O:)) and will learn of things as they get out.

Online euanthe

« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2017, 05:21:32 AM »
How 'Eberon-like' will the setting and style be? It's one of my absolute favourites... if I do make a character, how much time do I have? It looks like the group could use a Sorcerer, but I'm also tempted by a Paladin, especially if the Silver Flame is on the table...

« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2017, 05:27:09 AM »
I'm afraid most of the world will be modelled on almost standard medieval fantasy fare, with only very rare exceptions - the inspiration for this idea is Lord of the Rings after all.  I've only used the Eberron pantheon since it somewhat mimics more closely how I want the role of religion to be structured in this particular world (which reminds me that I need to write that up).

I think I will be closing up recruitment sometime near the end of this coming week (Thursday or Friday).

Offline Caitlin

« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2017, 05:31:05 AM »
I figured The Traveller made most sense as a deity for my character. It's too bad there wasn't a deity dedicated to arts/ performance/ beauty here, but at least this deity matches her allignment.

I figured she wouldn't be particularly religious anyway, but generally a character picks a deity he/ she feels most comfortable with.

Online euanthe

« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2017, 08:00:15 AM »
I'm afraid most of the world will be modelled on almost standard medieval fantasy fare, with only very rare exceptions - the inspiration for this idea is Lord of the Rings after all.  I've only used the Eberron pantheon since it somewhat mimics more closely how I want the role of religion to be structured in this particular world (which reminds me that I need to write that up).

I think I will be closing up recruitment sometime near the end of this coming week (Thursday or Friday).

Ah, good choice then! I think I should decline, though. Lord of the Rings isn't quite my thing.

Yours,

euanthe

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Jewel of her Soul -- Neko's Catnip -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination -- Blessed by Aeval
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 10
Re: [DnD 5e] The Advent of Shadow
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2017, 10:27:16 AM »
Rini

I have an errand.  I will edit this into proper character history form soon!

Rini's maternal grandmother is a midwife/healer.  Think of the Wisdoms from the Two Rivers, but instead of the respected head of the woman's circle, she's a pagan who can call upon minor supernatural power summoned from mysterious gods, pagan and fae.  So, she's both respected and feared, and even the people who welcome her socialy are a little antsy.  (The village witch!) 

Rini's father is a ranch hand working for the town's most sucessful horse rancher.  Rini's mother--kimi--could be a relatively soft spoken homaker with a gift for the violin, or she could be a figure of mystery who wandered off when Rini was young.  I leave that to you, Miss! 

Rini love's her father very much.  She got her first hints of awareness of the Green--not from her grandmtoher--but form observing the life systems in the barn.  Cats, Mice, Hroses, Flies, birds.  All itnerconected in a soft of brutal harmony.  It was speaking ot her grandmother about this that made her grnadmtoher begin to teach her.  Her first healing was of a ginger kitten who'd fallen from the loft.  He is now her best friend, a proud tom cat named Strut.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 11:28:09 AM by Muse »

Offline Snake

« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2017, 12:48:19 PM »
Im still interested and I'm in the final phases of finishing my character up.

Offline CeruleanSerenity

« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2017, 12:53:33 PM »
I got most of my sheet finished yesterday... I just need to find a picture and write up her description and history and whatnot; I'm busy at the moment, but I ought to have time tonight or tomorrow. I went with the tiefling rogue concept.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Jewel of her Soul -- Neko's Catnip -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination -- Blessed by Aeval
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2017, 01:00:44 PM »
*chuckes*  Is it just me, or am I the ony human aplication here? 

Offline Snake

« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2017, 01:08:10 PM »
My char's human Muse.

Aformer merc that uses sword/board and likes to put boot to face Spartan style ;3

Online clonkertink

• [Noob-Friendly][Systems Machine][Dapper Automaton][Pied Piper of Perverts][Duly Elected Boob Minister][Junker]
  • God
  • Addict
  • Beware, I was cursed by a wicked dice witch.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 21
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2017, 01:09:05 PM »
I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but you get to add your modifier in, for example, acrobatics when you're not proficient in it. :-)

Cool character by the way, I've always been fonds of clerics and yours is giving me inspiration for future games of my own. ;D

Yeah, I knew that bit. Leaving non-proficient skills blank is a personal shorthand I use. If it's blank, then it just defaults to the the standard ability score. Plus, when my proficiency bonus increases, I can just go down the list and increase every skill that's filled in by one.

And thanks! I got the cleric bug after playing one in a Curse of Strahd campaign. It's quickly becoming one of my favourite classes.

Offline Caitlin

« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2017, 01:11:54 PM »
My back up would have been a human version of my character, although I prefered to go with Human Variant in that case, which, unfortunately, is ruled out. Normal human is pretty hard to get right statwise, so I was very happy to see that the other elfs were also allowed.

If it matters, my character is posing to be a full blood human. ;D

Yeah, I knew that bit. Leaving non-proficient skills blank is a personal shorthand I use. If it's blank, then it just defaults to the the standard ability score. Plus, when my proficiency bonus increases, I can just go down the list and increase every skill that's filled in by one.

And thanks! I got the cleric bug after playing one in a Curse of Strahd campaign. It's quickly becoming one of my favourite classes.
It's a really cool class yeah, lots of things you can do with it and they have a big damage potential to boot. :-)

Offline Corinthi

« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2017, 01:12:25 PM »

I was going to do human after Miss Adventure described the town, but the halfling fluff fit Ranger so well and I became enamored with the idea.

Offline Frelance

« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2017, 01:26:02 PM »
I am just buying equipment and writing up a backstory for my applicant. I will have it up soon.

Offline Snake

« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2017, 01:27:21 PM »
I'm doing that too Frelance :3

Offline Frelance

« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2017, 01:34:36 PM »
Nice. I love how fast it is to build role up a character in 5e.

Offline Snake

« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2017, 02:38:52 PM »
I can't decide between male or female though. :p

Offline Frelance

« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2017, 02:51:27 PM »
Have fun deciding! I just finished the sheet. Now I just need to write the backstory.

Offline ZameRagues

« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2017, 04:44:16 PM »

My character is also human Muse.

As a note, as per the orcpub warning, I have put a text sheet in my character app post.

Offline Snake

« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2017, 08:48:54 PM »

Race: Human
Class: Fighter 1

Height: 6'2
Weight: 184 lbs

Personality: Tyriel is confident but laid back.  Socially Awkward but world-wise, he was never the best pupil as it pertained to book-learning but has reasonably high intuition. He is also unflinchingly courageous in the face of danger but prefers to face issues head-on which may land him in trouble at times seeing as he has little tact in social situations. He also values his own independence and respects others as well; but sees alot of ideals that people fight over to be trivial and not worth his time. He values his comrades in battle and is often proud to fight beside them but won't give unproven warriors much respect.

Biography: Tyriel is the eldest child of two professional mercenaries, or travelling sellswords whom would fight for anyone if their cause was right and the coin was good. In fact, He was born in Besander when the group settled in with a minor contract to serve as additional security over the spring and summer of his birth. Though he'd depart with them afterward, But as time went on; most of the older members began to retire and returned to the quaint village; seein as the pay was fair and the conditions tolerable; even comfortable. Tyriel's Parents were among those that returned for a more stable line of employment.

So he's lived more or less in Besander all of his life; bu this parents are very travelled and worldly, teaching their 5 children: 3 boys, 2 girls all about what they'd learned. From combat to worldly lore; they were probably amongst the most well educated people in the little community.  Tyriel grew up more or less just like anyone else really; until he left home about 16 to join up with a group of friends that wanted to strike out on their own as mercs too.

Which quickly ended in failure when they got lost and haven't been heard from since; leaving him to wander back to Besander on his own. He learned from that mistake and took more closely to learning more about the best ways to do it from his parents and elders; aiming to try it again when he was older and more experienced.

Sexuality: Tyriel is Heterosexual and won't consider anything else. Having been raised to believe that's the way of the world.

Offline Caitlin

« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2017, 10:32:30 PM »
Snake, out of curiosity, how did you calculate your stats? I tried to emulate them, but I ended up with this. http://chicken-dinner.com/5e/5e-point-buy.html is a pretty useful tool in general to help with these calculations.