You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

March 01, 2021, 01:51:08 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: We're In a Band Duh! (Looking for band techs and set designers!)  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Bekah BooTopic starter

We're just teenagers looking for our shot at fame.....

Every teenager at one point in their life has always dreamed to be part of a famous band sometime or another, who wouldn't want that life? The fame, the wealth, the recognition?Millions of fans lining up just to hear your music, your woes and dreams put to lyrical form, there is little doubt the appeal in becoming famous in the rock and roll world and yet it's an straining if not fleeting pipe dream for many.
This is the story of one such band, a group of friends who's dream to make it big has finally come true after years of struggling and putting their hearts out to be smashed time and time again. All the disappointment and suffering finally seemed to pay off, but now that the hard part is over what will it be like now that they're growing in popularity?

What I'm looking for in this story is the day to day life of our band, their own inward struggles as the pressure of fame burdens them, how they cope and what sort of drama may occur. Maybe there is back stabbing that could result in the band splitting? Maybe one member can't take the fandom and simply dives into whatever vice to cope? Maybe romance ensues and brings more turmoil than what they could have ever expected? It's all on the table, and really something I want to experience in.Along with fame many outside forces could be turning heads, a few stalkers and obsessive fans, the wear and tear of the lifestyle on the road, groupies getting over their heads and even egos getting out of control;there are many possibilities.

I am looking for a few key roles to be taken, this short list can be altered and such but we need them mainly to of course bring the band together.

Singer
Drummer-Taken by Swashbuckler
Lead Guitarist -Taken by AribethAmkiir
Bassist -Taken By Bekah Boo
Rhythm Guitarist- Taken by HannibalBarca
Manager (If interested please message me)
Roadie 1
Roadie 2
Roadie 3

Rules:

So because I am apparently an glutton for self punishment I decided on another group idea I've had tinkering in the back of my head for a while, as I have only one other group story and it's going fairly well. By no means am I an expert yet, though I figured I would give another one a chance. That being said, I will not tolerate drama.The first little snippet of it I will not hesitate to kick people out. In the past I've seen drama completely tear a story apart, so please for the sake of common decency just try to be respectful to others okay? If there are any issues don't hesitate to message me and I will clear up the matter quickly.

As far as posting length I want to maintain at least 3 to 4 paragraphs if not longer as my normal rules apply to this as well; no one liners and god moding. I want to create a story full of emotion and depth, so posts should be detailed and be much more than sheer reaction if it can be helped. Any OOC chatter will be in it's own thread that I will set up as the main thread is nothing but IC posts.

I live in South Carolina so my time zone may vary compared to others, that being said I tend to post in the later afternoon going to the wee hours of the morning as I tend to not sleep all that well. Some posts may need to be paused in order to get into a routine though that doesn't mean we skip over due to an inactive partner. There may be posts that can further explain your own until we can move the story along, but try and be courteous to others given we are all in different time zones. That said as well I at least want one post a week from all players, nothing too extreme but any inactivity longer than an week unless stated will result in a character being taken out in some form.

As always all are welcome so don't be shy, as well as if anyone has anything to add do message me as I don't bite too hard ;3
This story in particular will have sexual elements as well as drug abuse, alcohol, and most anything that can be associated with the rock and roll lifestyle.

If interested please message me with the sheet as well as any other questions you may have. If accepted I will message privately, so do not bother me on the matter. This is merely an interest check for the time being as if there is enough serious players involved I will be making the other threads such as the OOC and IC in due time. Along with the character sheet I will require a sample post, to narrow the decision. I am aware that having a certain word number and sample posts may seem a bit much but as this is my third attempt at this story I am cracking down on those who wish to join, that if I feel they are not a good fit I will politely tell them so. If I offend anyone I do not mean such, simply it has come to this and I have no other way around it.
Please list in this sort of format:

Code: [Select]
[image height=350]Your image here[/img]
[b]Player Name:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Character description (pictures are accepted):[/b]
[b]Band Position:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]

As well as character sheets, if there are any questions feel free to ask them here and I will answer as best as I can. Thank you and all be well.
Please message me all Character sheets, as I don't want to clutter up the interest check. Questions and such can be posted here however so don't be shy ;3

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 07:57:57 pm by Bekah Boo »

Re: We're In a Band Duh (Band roleplay interest check)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 02:25:54 pm »
To add a bit of clarification my thoughts were to have the close group of friends start off in their everyday sort of routine, after their menial jobs/life/and all they jam out in my character's garage, the place like a second home complete with a beat up couch and mini fridge stoked full of sugary drinks. The plan is to play this out in a sort of freeform basis, allowing for some character exploration and all before they get the call and of course swept up in the now distinct possibility of being more than just some garage band of friends. I sort of like the idea of seeing all these characters together in their natural habitat, like spending time and goofing off, being rebellious teens and going through the sort of stigma that comes with not conforming to the norms of their sleepy little town.

Re: We're In a Band Duh! (Band roleplay interest check)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 01:39:21 pm »
Still accepting interested folks so stop on by ;3

*hands out a plate of cookies*

Offline xPeachyPuff

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 07:17:03 pm »
Hey there,

I would be interested in reserving the Singers position for now, if possible? This sounds like it could be a lot of fun c:

- Rainbow ♥

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 07:37:31 pm »
Of course ;3
Just message me a character sheet and sample ;3

Offline xPeachyPuff

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 08:32:37 pm »
Of course ;3
Just message me a character sheet and sample ;3

Alrighty c: I will try and message something soon. Just a warning though, from the 3rd May to 22nd I will be away from home and though I will have access to a PC I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post. I hope this okay? (:

- Rainbow ♥

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 09:07:08 pm »
Alrighty c: I will try and message something soon. Just a warning though, from the 3rd May to 22nd I will be away from home and though I will have access to a PC I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post. I hope this okay? (:

- Rainbow ♥

Oh no worries please take your time there is no rush.
This is an interest check so until we have all the roles filled I won't start anything so don't worry about that ;3

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 11:11:05 pm »
So far we have possible interests in the singer position as well as lead guitar, but aside from that as well as bassist all other positions are open!

Offline WhatLiesAbove

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 12:47:25 am »
Loved the last one! Expect a CS from me soon!

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 12:48:19 am »
Woooo!

Offline AribethAmkiir

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 01:45:48 am »
Working on my sample post. 

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 01:56:12 am »
No worries take your time ;3

Offline xPeachyPuff

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 10:26:36 am »
Quick question: You say teenagers, but what sort of age are you looking for? 18/19 year olds or 16/17 year olds? I'm guessing they're all the same age or extremely close.

- Rainbow ♥

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 10:30:43 am »
Quick question: You say teenagers, but what sort of age are you looking for? 18/19 year olds or 16/17 year olds? I'm guessing they're all the same age or extremely close.

- Rainbow ♥

I was thinking at least 18 and up, so no longer having to deal with school but rather trying to be 'adults' in their small little town. The fact they gave bigger aspirations doesn't sit well with the blue collar folks, which in a way can make for good fodder for their music ;3

Offline xPeachyPuff

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 10:31:45 am »
I was thinking at least 18 and up, so no longer having to deal with school but rather trying to be 'adults' in their small little town. The fact they gave bigger aspirations doesn't sit well with the blue collar folks, which in a way can make for good fodder for their music ;3

That's what I figured c: Thanks! I've started working on a character sheet.

- Rainbow ♥

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 10:37:19 am »
Awesome can't wait ;3

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 11:38:59 am »
So far we have confirmed roles of Bassist and Lead Guitarist filled, so get em while their hot folks!

Offline Swashbuckler

• For my part, if a man must needs be a knave I would have him a debonair knave... It makes your sin no worse as I conceive, to do it à la mode and stylishly.
  • On Hiatus
  • Enchanter
  • You want posts? Cuz that's how you get posts...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 12:53:14 pm »
Sweet!  I can start working up a drummer sheet today...

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 12:55:39 pm »
Sweet!  I can start working up a drummer sheet today...

Wooo a familiar face ;3
Awesome can't wait ;3

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 02:47:20 pm »
Alright so far we have interest in both the singer and drummer positions, as I'm going to assume they will be filled and no longer available.
That said we can always use a few groupie/roadie sort of friends to flesh out the rag tag team of misfits as well that can provide support or otherwise ;3
The manager position however is one that is still open but would not take effect immediately within the story itself, so if there is anyone who is interested please message me as I have certain plot points and a demeanor I am looking for.

*Takes a huge sip of her oversized coffee*

I will be working on the OOC thread and IC thread all day so once I have them up I will message everyone who has gotten the approval from me as well as the accepted character thread.  Thank you so much for everyone's wonderful interest! I just know this is going to be quite the epic little adventure for sure ;3

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2017, 03:10:48 pm »
At this moment we are certainly looking for a few strapping men to help even out the number of hot girls, so big strong guys looking to ride on some talented coat tails would be much appreciated ;3

Offline Swashbuckler

• For my part, if a man must needs be a knave I would have him a debonair knave... It makes your sin no worse as I conceive, to do it à la mode and stylishly.
  • On Hiatus
  • Enchanter
  • You want posts? Cuz that's how you get posts...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2017, 03:18:13 pm »
Ride on what now?   O:)

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2017, 03:23:57 pm »
Ride on what now?   O:)

Pfft how dare you make me look back at my post thinking I made some horrible mistake ;3

I mean what's a band without some help behind the scenes? XD

Offline Capone

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2017, 03:32:53 pm »
I'm tentatively interested but undecided. What genre of rock will the band be performing? I imagine the roadies are more like friends or siblings at the start?

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2017, 03:39:14 pm »
I'm tentatively interested but undecided. What genre of rock will the band be performing? I imagine the roadies are more like friends or siblings at the start?

Oh awesome ;3
I was thinking something along the lines of punk rock/ hard rock sort of style that perfectly captures the angsty sort of youth really ;3
They would most likely be friends for sure, and even siblings could work if you would like to get together with one of us or any of the players to plot out some connections like family ties.