You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 21, 2016, 10:04:59 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Gravity Falls-esque game but darker [d20 Modern/FAE; Interest Check]  (Read 35 times)

Offline Silver PhoenixTopic starter

Once again, running another interest check.  For those of you familiar with Gravity Falls, the concept is similar - in a way, what I had in mind is sort of Gravity Falls meets Alan Wake meets Silent Hill.  For now this is purely to see if the idea has any favour here; I currently have one group game to set up, so at the very least, if this idea goes ahead, it won't see even the start of recruitment for at least another week or two.

If the idea does have interest, then by all means, we can discuss what would make it great and what to include.

The setting I have in mind is Dead Woods: a small, remote community nestled amidst deep forest, best known for its numerous gigantic desiccated trees that intersperse the green woods like grey monoliths and beautiful secluded lakes hidden in the woods.  Numerous eerie things occur here, but since no one has ever been hurt or gone missing, folk just put it down as one of those things.  A brilliant, but eccentric professor comes to investigate and purchases property, but eventually dies under mysterious and grisly circumstances.  The games characters are former proteges/family/friends who get summoned for the reading of his will.

Could be hammered out more, but yeah, basic idea.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:38:00 AM by Silver Phoenix »