Marine MCHM(Master Chief Hospital Medic) - Combat Medic in layman termsPhysical Features:
Moses is a tall guy, about 6'4. And he's always kept in excellent shape, so he's broad shouldered, thick armed, and well muscled; tipping the scales at around 230lbs. Simply put, he's a man mountain and he's not afraid to throw that around. He's dark skinned which believe it or not helps out an awful lot in a post apocalyptic, zombie filled world. He's gotten away on the skin of his teeth simply by hiding in a shadow and staying stock still. His eyes are unique; a piercing hazel that he got from his moms side of the family. He's also got a scar
over his right eye from a brush with an IED. A piece of shrapnel sliced it's way up his face and got embedded in his helmet. He's got black, naturally curly hair that he tries to keep shaved close, but it's curly more often than straight due to a shortage of hair supplies in this fucked up world we live in nowadays. He's got a multitude of military tattoos over a good portion of his torso front and back, as well as his arms.Stats:
Moses was attached to a heavy combat recon unit, so he knows that the team is only as strong as its weakest link. Since that's true, he does his best to keep all
the links strong. He's a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear, a hug if you need it. Ever since he was little it was Moses' dream to help people, and that shows in his actions.
He's a great guy to be around; kind and friendly, as well as loyal to a fault. He's also got a good sense of humor, however it can get grim at times considering he saw near constant action for eight years. He can take charge if necessary, and has no problem working with people unless they're trouble. He'll never ask more of anyone than he'd be willing to do himself, and knows when to not push things. Strengths:
- World Class Doctor: Moses has been interested in medicine and the human body since he was twelve. From going over every last page of his biology and health books in class to deciding his major when he graduated high school. He continues to learn himself even now, reading through any book he can find even if it contains information he already has dedicated to memory(it helps him keep his head). That plus his medical training and schooling makes him an extremely skilled doctor in many medical fields.
- Combat: Being broken down and raised up by the Marines changes you, makes you into a machine. Well Moses was a machine for a decade and is a highly skilled fighter, trained in MCMAP(Marine Corps Military Martial Arts Program), where the motto is "One Mind, Any Weapon". It's a very practical style and virtually anything can be a weapon in the hands of a trained practitioner. Although he's not really keen to try and arm lock a zombie. Crushing the skull seems to work just fine.
- Persuasive: For ten years, Moses' job was not only to bring people back from death's door and to keep them healthy. It was also to convince them everything would be okay when he knew for a fact that they wouldn't. So many times he's had to lie to a friends face and tell him he'd live, or that they could probably save his leg. So many times he lied with such desperation and the need for people to believe him that whaddya know...people began to believe him, and nowadays he's a silver tongued devil. If you can tell a dying man he'll be able to go home and see his infant daughter with a straight face, and he believes you? You can sell ice to an Eskimo.
- Engineering: Moses has always been just as interested in engineering as he has in medicine and is similarly skilled when it comes to building and fixing things. He's not as good at this as he is putting people back together, but his skills come in handy, especially since most medical equipment is incredibly finicky(if he can find any that actually still works).
- Survival: Being in the Marines has taught Moses many things, but the most important is the ability to not die and stay healthy while staying alive. His military training and experiences have helped him realize the best ways to stay out of danger altogether, and how to stay safe and breathing when dangers you.
- PTSD: Moses was in the shit for a looooong time, and he's seen horrible things in his time. Heads blown off from sniper rounds, body parts sent flying from IED's and RPG's. A good friend stepped on a landmine once. Moses was just close enough to be blasted back, but not get hurt. He had to wipe blood and bits of flesh off himself for an hour. It manifests in headaches, mood swings, and flashbacks at seemingly random moments.
- Guilt: Moses feels guilty every day for every person he wasn't able to save over his career. Not only his friends and fellow soldiers, but civilians as well. Every time he lost a patient it hurt like it was the first time. What's worse than the pain he feels from not being able to save people, is the guilt he feels for all the lives he took. As a soldier and a medic, it was an inevitable moral contradiction he'd have to face, but knowing that didn't make it any easier when it happened again and again and again. He still has nightmares where he sees the faces of the people he's killed; in war and beyond.
- Insomnia: Surprisingly this has nothing to do with his time at war. Moses' brain just won't turn off sometimes. Ever since he was a kid, he'll have some nights where no matter what he just can't sleep. The doctors said because he was so intelligent, small things like that weren't uncommon. He's learned to live with it and handles no sleep better than most, but it can still affect him.
- War Wounds: As a Medic, Moses was protected by the Geneva Convention for the most part. However danger close and explosives couldn't differentiate. And sometimes the OpFor didn't care to. The same IED that gave him his infamous scar, also embedded several pieces of shrapnel in his body. They were all dug out, but sometimes the pain flares up in a dull ache that can last for hours if not longer. He's also got a bullet wound on his left shoulder, right thigh, and a graze on his right side between the 4th and 5th rib. Luckily they were all pretty easy to take care of.
- Ganja Goodness: As many medical professionals(not just him) the world over(those not paid off by corporations) will tell you, Marijuana in pretty much all of it's forms not only gives a pleasant "high", but has a host of medical benefits, especially with concentrated THC. For Moses it helped a lot. Getting high meant for a few hours his mind wasn't racing, it meant if he got high before bed, he could have a good, deep sleep; one not plagued with nightmarish images of brothers in arms dying in his arms and sacrificing themselves for others. It meant he could have a good laugh and not worry that the person he shared that laugh with would go back on duty and just never come home. It helped calm his PTSD and just leveled him out. Of course with the world going to hell, finding a dealer is a bit of a problem. He's not addicted to weed, but he does wish he could score some just to help stop the nightmares. And while he won't risk himself or anyone else, or go out of his way to get any, if they do come across some he will absolutely volunteer to roll up and take the first hit.
Moses was born on a flight from New York to Brixton, South London where his parents were going home to visit family. His birth was a short one, only lasting about 4 hours and if you could believe it, there was actually a doctor on board who helped with the delivery. They came down in New York a few hours later and he was taken to the hospital. When it was all said and done, his parents had a healthy baby boy. After his family got a good look, his parents took him back to the states. That was probably one of the most exciting things in his childhood. His father was a soldier, and his mother was a nurse.
Military ran in his family, but knowing his mommy helped people feel better was one of the best things little Moses could think of. Even as a child it was clear he was highly intelligent, and his parents fed his mind as much as possible by making him read and giving him challenging work to keep his brain stimulated. As he got a bit older, he really began to show a passion for medicine and engineering. He was always reading his moms medical journals or trying to help his dad fix a problem with the car, or take apart and put the toaster back together. But military was in his blood. Moses was a smart kid though and figured there had to be a way to help people while serving his country.
The answer slapped him in the face one day while he was surfing the web, and from then on he was determined to be a Combat Medic. When he graduated high school, he enlisted immediately, although he continued his studies when he could. Over the next eight years he'd see heavy combat, and save a lot of lives. He also somehow managed to get his dual degrees in Medicine and Engineering. His life was never dull, you could say that much. When the reports of "African Rabies" started to come in, Moses was one of the first on ride over.
By this point he was about as high ranked as a medic could be and his skills were well known. He was brought in and it was explained to him what this disease really was. What it really did. It haunted him, but there was nothing he could do except keep his mouth shut and try to work with the others to find some way to stop this thing. Nobody found a cure though. Nobody in the entire
international think tank, with the best medical minds the world over could find a fucking cure. They kept trying though.
The entire tank of more than 200 people theorized and tested and hoped and prayed, morning, noon, and night for an answer that never came. None of them left Africa until the cases started being reported back home in the US. It was at that point they realized they were fighting a losing battle. With no progress being made on the Solanum vaccine, and reports breaking out all over the world, the think tank was dissolved and all personnel were allowed to return to their home countries, citing home defense and research interests as the reason. He was on one of the last fights before all air travel was grounded until further notice.
He returned to his base, and tried to get his parents in. He was denied every request though, and he just had to trust his father to keep his mother safe. But he talked to them every day and visited on the extremely rare occasion he was allowed to leave. That many people in such a comparatively small place with limited supplies and such strict rules? On top of attacks from zombified people? They were even shooting anyone infected without mercy. Men, women, children. Didn't matter. If they were infected they had to die so everyone else could keep going. Not a popular business model even if it was necessary. The whole thing was a clusterfuck waiting to happen, and one day it boiled over. It had been a month, maybe
two when shit hit the fan.
He'd just done a double shift and was due for some sleep; about four hours total. That blissful sleep was interrupted however by gunfire, explosions, sirens...and screams
. He scrambled awake, found his uniform and his Unit One Pack. That would be paramount. After that he gathered what he could before leaving, and that included his personal weapons(no time to make it to the armory), ammo, a box of rations, and some water. All in all it took him maybe fifteen minutes to fully pack and load his shit up into his car.
The first thing he did when he opened the garage door? He had to shoot an infected that was attracted by the noise. He thought long and hard about hopping out of his car and helping who he could as infected chased people down like rabid dogs on a steak. He wanted to take some people with him. Maybe patch a few up. But he knew what Solanum did. He knew that any
damaging physical contact meant it was only a matter of time. He kept going. He wanted to stay so badly, but that meant suicide; besides, the base was pure chaos.
He cried like a baby as he sped away from the base, weaving around monsters and people alike to keep himself safe. It was the hardest thing he'd ever had to do. Until he got to his parents house. The front door was busted open, and a car had driven into the garage. He found his father zombified and trying to break into the master bedroom where his mom had barricaded herself. He had to put a bullet in the back of his fathers head to keep his mother safe. But he was already too late. When he opened the door and found her, she hugged him, and kissed him and told him how happy she was.
She had a big gash on her arm from his dads teeth though. It was too late for her. He bandaged and cleaned the wound though and sat her down. He explained everything to her. He told the woman who'd given birth to him and shaped him into the person he was...he told her that soon she would die, and then return to a hellish existence where all she did was seek out food. She cried. She cried long and hard at the thought of her dead husband, the state of the world, and what came next. She hugged Moses, and kissed his forehead. She told him she'd always love him. Then she told him to save her life. With tears blurring his vision, he held his mothers hand and hugged her tight.
Then he killed her. In under an hour he killed both of his parents. He had nothing left to live for, but he kept on going because he knew they would be ashamed if he threw away the gift of life, no matter how bad things were. So he will continue to live until he's old and grey. He refuses to leave this Earth as zombie food.Starting Gear:
- Duffel Bag(Holds all his non-medical gear)
- Unit One Pack(his medical bag)
- Adaptive Combat Rifle(ACR) w/Scope. 30 Round Magazine
- One Bulk Box of Rifle Ammo(100 rounds left from 500)
- FN FNP 45 Pistol(15 round magazine)
- Box of pistol ammo(30 rounds)
- 2x Tactical Tomahawk(serves as a melee weapon, throwing weapon for hunting, and a multi-purpose tool)
- 1x Combat Knife(Kept in his boot just in case)
- 5x MRE's
- A pair of Aviator Sunglasses
- 3 1/2 bottles worth of clean water in a jug
- Medical Supplies(All supplies are listed here and easily fit inside his UOP) He's had to use surprisingly little of his own supplies as he can often find substitutes with a bit of ingenuity and thorough searching.
- Marine Uniform(has a multitude of pouches and pockets where he can keep small items)
At this point there's no time for kinks or any of that. He just likes intimacy with an attractive woman; maybe some rough sex. Still though he's not into anything gross, like scat, gore, watersports or anything like that.Player Ons/Offs:
Same as character for the most part