16) The Airs Fine Once You Grow Gills -
This might be some tricky territory, as it's only semi my idea but since none of this is for money I say lets have fun. Before I rped here I was over in SL, where one of the lands I played in was Toxian City. I've been itching to slip back into the character I created over there. Full disclaimer the origin of Toxic City is not my idea, nor are many of the characters I have outlined here. However I have changed their names and several key aspects of their character in order to streamline a story. In fact with a few exceptions I toned down the key players so that if someone is interested they can put own spin on them. The end result is a skewed reflection, with the only bits left whole being what I created in the game. Finally this would probably work best as an rp with several players, however I am somewhat swamped at the moment and cannot take on another multiplayer game. That being said if one of the characters calls out to you, we can do a oneshot and if that goes well feel free to reserve that character.
Believe it or not this town was once a nice place to live. Business was good for a while. So good the town had a fancy opera house, swell library and everything that a cultured gent could ask for. It had the air of a mythical island. In fact Vanity Fair called it the new Atlantis. Turns out that was like calling the Titanic unsinkable.
No one is sure exactly what happened. One morning started out like any other, people going about their lives and then suddenly a green cloud descended and all hell broke loose. Some people say literally. The new Atlantis was no more, though some people say they still see it from their safe shoreline, still wrapped in that thick green fog with wicked looking lightening whipping it like a fury.
It wasn't much better for those poor souls left. Many of them died in the intial...whatever it was. More soon afterwards from an unknown plague. Those that survived found themselves hunted by new residents: vampires, werewolves, and others no one can quite pin down.
Sassy didn't live here before 'the event'. Her pimp thought he killed her one night and she washed up on shore. With only the clothes on her back she picked up where she left off, only she found her clients had very specific needs besides the obvious. Like werewolves offering to pay her in chocolate for her kneecaps. Needless to say, its kinda hard to run when a wolf man is ripping apart your joints. While the hospitals there didn't take chocolate insurance, the nice cybernetic nurses would fix her up for the experience of dealing with human anatomy.
They didn't do half bad either, after three days Sassy walked out with new knees and an addiction to little purple pills. They weren't kidding about needing the experience though. When they patched her up they wired her wrong. Now she could cum just by someone sucking on her earlobe and it took her brain about ten minutes to realize that she was in pain. A handy trait as it turned out when her other clients included Nekos, whose Toms had barbs at the end of their cocks, or Vampires who liked to penetrate her twice over.
She would later learn that when one was sick or injured here, they didn't go to the hospital. They went to the magic shop and let the magic doers fix them up. They even did cosmetic surgery, like turning normal human blood into something sweeter with a higher nutritional content. While Sassy didn't really like the idea of turning herself into a juice box it did surge her sales. As a bonus, for watching her first girl on girl, the woman doing spell tossed rapid healing. It was the only perk to this place Sassy figured, she might have been in hell but at least her two packs a day wouldn't kill her.
There were still plenty of other things lining up for a go though. Which is why when Alucard, the King of the Pit Nightclub, offered to take care of her she accepted despite her spotty history with pimps. There was no denying that things got better though, she had a warm place to sleep, a safe place to work from and a job where she kept her legs shut to supplement her income. She found working a bar wasn't unlike working a John, you kept your ears open and gave them exactly what they wanted. She even had friends, the other girls who worked at the bar: Little Bits and Trouble.
Things may not have been right as rain, but they ran like clockwork until he showed up. They didn't know if he was a grand wizzard or a mad scientist, hell he could have been the one who sank the new Atlantis. Whatever he was he wanted to rule the world and told the creatures of the night that they better get down or they better lay down. To prove he was serious he unleashed a hint of his power, a plague that wrecked everyone form the most powerful vampire to the smallest human. Everyone except Sassy.
- Nekos. In Sassy's experience they either look like Japanese Lolita's or Rastafarians. They tend to be a bit shy of outsiders, seeing as they are not violent by nature, but they're definitely willing to trade drugs for sex and there's no party like a laid back Neko party.
- Mara. Mara is one of the younger, and more unpredictable members of the pack. For reasons unknown she found herself rather attached to Sassy, often insisted that she sleep the night in the den after the Alpha was done with her and making sure she ate three meals a day, since humans were so delicate.
- The Wolfpack. Rude, crude and ridiculously good looking in leather. They own and operate the local chop shop and smuggling depot.
- Alucard. No one is quite sure what Alucard is. Whatever his species he's tough enough that he keeps The Pit neutral territory and keeps the girls asses out of the fire, not matter how much trouble they get into.
- The Vampire Clan. They also have excellent parties, but they only invite themselves. If something nasty violent goes down, it's usually them. They're steady money though, as the human population ever dwindles but Sassy makes them pay extra if they want draft rather than bottle.
- Magic Doers. This lot was just a bit...odd. Some were dark and dangerous witches, some were affable alchemists, others had their minds swallowed up with the powers, which the island seemed to intensify. They weren't dangerous really, unless you crossed them.
- The Library. These guys were the closest thing that the island had left to white hats. They were mostly comprised of humans and few other truth seekers, those who found the incident fascinating and wished to either study the phenomenon or cure it.
- Little Bits and Trouble. The two other girls that work at The Pit. Sometimes they tend bar, sometimes they waitress and sometimes they dance, but they always find danger. Most of the time it either takes Sassy or Alucard to get them out of it.
- Cyborgs. The last creatures to ask for help from. With so few humans left, Cyborgs run the necessary mechanics to keep the city going. However there's a nasty rumor that they were created by the man who now holds the city ransom.
That's all folks, let me know if any of this inspires.
Floating the idea of making this a group game...https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=247513.0
First post is up - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254307.0
Recruitment Thread - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=259436.0