You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 01:33:46 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Best/Worst Role Playing Attributes  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Wolven SoulTopic starter

• Alpha
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • The heart of the wolf cannot be tamed.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Best/Worst Role Playing Attributes
« on: February 15, 2015, 06:24:17 AM »
We all have our strengths and weakness when it comes to this beloved past time of ours.  What would you consider yours to be?

My greatest strength I believe, is character creation.  Modestly speaking, I think I am pretty good at coming up with the histories and personalities of my characters. 

On the other side, my biggest weakness is somewhat related.  I am terrible at coming up with names for those characters, or names of places for that matter. It takes me forever to think up a name, and sometimes I have to resort to a name generator or look through lists of names.  :P

Offline Blythe

Re: Best/Worst Role Playing Attributes
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 08:32:24 PM »
My best strength? I would say dialogue and internal character thought.

My largest weakest? Sometimes I struggle to move plot forward and need pushed a bit. ^^;

Offline Zeth

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 09:08:03 PM »
My best Strength? Creativity. Sometimes I am just hit with the most epic ideas or plots.

My worst weakness? Impatience. Maybe it is the ADHD, or maybe I just watched too many forum games die off, but I always want to rush through things and this annoys many partners.

Offline Angelic Kitten

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 10:17:06 AM »
My Best Strength   ~ Getting into character, and making the character real

My Worst Strength ~ I distract easy, and rarely have time to give projects the loving attention they need.

Offline Dallas

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • "Don't push your luck..."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 05:32:14 AM »
My greatest strength? Character relationships, dynamic Villians, shock and awe and "showing-rather-than-telling". I'm told that people like my diction and they like that I'm "full of surprises" apparently.

My greatest weakness? Especially so lately... confidence. I don't feel like I stand out. So it would be confidence.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:28:06 PM by Dallas »

Offline Piper

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 01:12:02 AM »
Best- Portraying thoughts and emotions for my characters.

Worse- Adding surprise elements (twists, conflicts).

Online Nicholas

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #ReallyIAm #BlameMads
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 01:18:33 AM »
Strengths?

Character development, coming up with complex character backgrounds (giving them a history and personality), plot twists, dialogue and internal monologue, describing a setting, describing how a character feels, what they see, hear, etc., writing multiple characters in a story, adding new ideas to a story;

Weaknesses?

Plenty! ~laughs~

I often don't like my posts, I am my own, worst critic and I generally think that I am a boring writer and not a good writing partner. I know nothing about fandoms, I don't do system games. There is much I don't care to write about/know nothing about. I am a slow poster, most of the time.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:23:05 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Omnius

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 02:14:20 PM »
Best: Character building and paying attention

Worst: for systems: mapping. for free form: Resolving what happens for tense situations without dice

Offline Ralhend

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 02:41:06 AM »
Best:  All around raw power of imagination

Worst:  My ideas are sometimes outlandish to the extreme, and turn the partner off or otherwise detract the story in some way.

Offline Bedroom Lazarus

• A desire that burns the soul, a crucible that forges desire into lust and torment into exquisite surrender.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • For in his embrace, is paradise found.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 10:05:55 PM »
Strengths: Bending my words around in way to excite and inspire the imagination.

Weakness: Not being able to express praise to those I write with easily.

Offline Nova Genesis

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 04:27:51 PM »
My strength is back stories, a specific goal, and conflict.

My weakness is finding a way to create bonds  between my characters and others that will leave them more than just close on the surface.

Offline HannibalBarca

• Defiant General of Hopeless Causes * Henry Rollins for President campaigner * Mako-phile * Uncle Iroh in shades * Disciple of Dr. Cornel West *
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Location: At large, am tall. "People keep asking if I'm back. Yeah...I'm thinking I'm back."
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 10:59:59 PM »
Strengths: Dialogue, detail, and atmosphere.

Weaknesses: getting posts out in any kind of timely fashion XD
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:51:37 AM by HannibalBarca »

Online AmberStarfire

• Rogue Starlight ~ Fantasy Novelist ~ This Is Who We Are ~ Scully to his Mulder
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ❤ Snuggler of the Wyld and Hairy ❤
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 03:04:25 AM »
My best trait? Writing quality and world building. I think I'm pretty good at bringing my characters to life. I pride myself on my ability to write love scenes, fight scenes (especially swashbuckling) and courtly intrigue (fantasy historical) well.

My worst trait? Slowness and a sporadic muse. I always have a number of projects on the go at once and I have a tendency to take on more than I should at times.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 03:10:26 AM by AmberStarfire »

Offline MasterMischief

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2015, 08:47:51 AM »
I like to think I have a talent for making my read feel they are in the story.  When I get into a groove, I feel like I am simply transferring emotion to the words.

Ironically enough, I believe my biggest weakness is description.  I have done too much technical writing and now my style is unduly influenced by brevity and directness.

Offline Dallas

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2015, 01:52:12 AM »
I like to think I have a talent for making my read feel they are in the story.  When I get into a groove, I feel like I am simply transferring emotion to the words.

Ironically enough, I believe my biggest weakness is description.  I have done too much technical writing and now my style is unduly influenced by brevity and directness.

Is it too late to change my answer to something like this? I feel like this is fairly accurate for myself as well. Although, good llama, I would also argue that brevity (can be) the soul of wit. Perhaps your weakness could also be a defining strength? Heh. Just thinking, is all. ;)

Offline MasterMischief

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 09:03:48 AM »
Is it too late to change my answer to something like this? I feel like this is fairly accurate for myself as well. Although, good llama, I would also argue that brevity (can be) the soul of wit. Perhaps your weakness could also be a defining strength? Heh. Just thinking, is all. ;)

Oh absolutely.  The trick is knowing what requires brevity and what needs elaboration.

Offline Dallas

• Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 02:16:49 AM »
True that. I think that is one thing that I struggle with. That and knowing when enough description is enough. :D