Jason MatthewsNicknames / Aliases:
Jason / Mr. J / Mr. Matthews.Age:
Divorced Former Occupation/Position:
Police Officer, before the divorce. Private Investigator after. Strengths: Athletic
- From once chasing down baddies in the distant past, he still sees it key to keep his body in shape in the present. Even in the freelance detective world, one never knows who they may be running from or even have to chase after. Plus, there are also those hard to reach places that he might not get to if he was not fit enough. Firearm (Handguns)
- He knows his way around pistols and revolvers and in his line of work usually relied more on the former than the latter. If he was not cracking cases, screwing around, or working out, than he was down range with a gun in hand sharpening his skills. Analyzer
-The key factor of his detective days. He always had an eye with his surroundings and things that may stand out that some may often miss. Generally speaking, he memorizes the complete layout of an area in his mind. This does have its fall backs, but it normally works best whether he is in a building or open environment in a good mile radius. Stealth
- Something he has begun to practice more during his detective work; whether it goes as far as quieting his steps and taking his approach slow and steady or blending in with people or surroundings in a place he may have no business in being in. Lock Picking
- A more frowned upon technique in the police world, though who said all cops were clean enough to investigate without a warrant? Of course, breaking in is still far from legal during his Private Investigator years; but hey, it is not like a criminal is going to let you in and snoop around. Hand Combat
- Not necessary martial arts, but he does know a few moves of disarming an opponent, bringing them down and subduing them. Of course it won’t work on biters, but more living prey may fall easily victim. Weaknesses : Mechanic
- He doesn’t know much about vehicles or fixing them. That was what auto repair shops were for, right?Women
- He is a bit of a womanizer, per say, possibly the reason of him being divorced. If the female is even fine enough, he might let his guard down like any typical man with a raging hardon. Cooperating
- In the long run, he is out for himself. He is the guy that will opt out if he believes something is too dangerous to do. He prefers more tactical approaches than suicidal ones, even if the latter is possibly with a good crew.Firearm
-He isn’t well verse in using ‘everything’ else. If it isn’t small, compact, and handgun related, his skills with it are probably going to be okay at best, shit poor at worse. Forgetful
- His mind acts as an information sponge and sometimes even he can forget things, people, places and other important tidbits that may of happen however long ago. Hell some of them could of just happen recently and he might forget to grab that one, key, important item. Just maybe. Hand Combat
- Most of his skills are purely defensive ones, he lacks aggressive maneuvers so that is why he normally focuses on one on one fights or the art of surprise to take someone down quietly. Blunt
- He isn’t the type to sugarcoat his words to anyone. If someone wants his opinion they are going to get it honestly. If they get butt hurt over it, that isn’t his problem. Special Gear:
- SIG Sauer GSR (1911 Clone) with a tactical flashlight equipped.
-Two extra magazines
-Two boxes of ammo.
-A camcorder fit with night vision.
-Pack of batteries.
-Water and some canned food.
-Few disposable razors and shaving cream.
-And his trusty lock picks. Height:
5’10”Weight / Body type:
185 lbs / Muscular and toned. Hair:
Mr. Matthews is a rather complex individual. There are various sides of his character, both good and bad. He is far from being a perfect, God loving, angelic human being. In fact, he might even fit a few bills that makes him more of a crooked cop during his policing days. He is a man of temptation, he can hardly resist a woman with a wonderful body and pretty face, even when he was married it didn’t stop him. Even on duty, it did not hinder him, which is part of his dirty side as far as pulling over poor offenders of the opposite gender and doing all sorts of awful things to them behind the scenes; depending how willing they were in extorting themselves from getting out of trouble.
As far as being around people, he walks a fine line between being solitary and a people person. He doesn’t outright reach for the spotlight, nor is he recluse in avoiding others. He addresses people when he may see fit, carries a conversation of importance, and normally aims to keep to himself in all other pressing matters. Ideally, that is how he acts, but this is different around certain females whom he may flirt with depending who is around and who may know him. A player? Ironically he does not see himself as such and hypnotically frowns upon those that do that very thing. In his mind he is just sneaking his hand into a different cookie jar whenever he gets the chance; unfortunately doing so has lead to his divorce and surprisingly he has far learned his lesson to this day.
Other personality traits may involve him being both a team player when he chooses or even stubborn enough to bow out and argue in scenarios involving danger. Truthfully he is always looking out for himself than his fellow comrades, if someone becomes zombie bait than that is their fault not his. He has enough to worry about than babysitting everyone else around him. His motto. “You clean your own shit out of your pants.”Likes:
- Hot Women.
- Solving things
- Recording things
- Old black and white moviesDislikes:
- Loud music
- Bad drivers
- Ex wife
- Cop drama shows
- Know it alls
- Show offsFears:
- Being left for dead
- Being eaten
- Being buried alive
- Becoming a zombie.History:
Ah, Jason lived most of an ordinary life before the outbreak. He was born in a good ol Southern state; but hardly did he see himself as a country boy. He went to school, and after graduation enrolled in college taking a major in criminology and minor in psychology. As any student growing up, he mingled, partied, and found time to work out and stay in shape. Unfortunately, he was not that outgoing in his college days, showing little to no interest in any sports, even though there were plenty to try to recruit him for their teams, he just generally ignored them and stayed focus on studies, girls, and of course his daily exercise regime.
Upon earning his degrees in college he moved out of the southern town and decided to find a possibly city in need of the skills he learned. Being still young at the time, he did plenty of that online job hunting and eventually snagged an enrollment exam with the N.Y.P.D. Within the week he prepared some of his personal items and took a flight to New York, participating in both the written exam and even the field exercise event. He couldn’t express his joy more to know that he was one of the few candidates to pass it.
Life on the force was good for the first few years after his physical, driving, and firearms and other weapons training; a rookie cop learning the ropes. He made many interesting friends, some of which who begun to spoil him rotten on a dirtier side of the job. He had seen plenty of blackmail in the force, but being new and in a corrupted department he could say little when fellow officers often compensated drugs and liquor for themselves. He never partook in similar activities, but he had his equal guilt when giving into temptation involving certain female offenders. Some of which were more than willing to give him what he wanted, others, well….
Other bad habits were gained when one of his coworkers showed him how to pick a lock. A partner who he often went on that involved them breaking into a home without a warrant to look for any incriminating evidence on those that may be generally ‘untouchable’ in some senses of the law. Worse yet, there were times that false evidence was planted to justify an arrest on someone who was guilty(or maybe even innocent in the rare situations.)
Eventually he got married, but never had children. It wasn’t till later he discovered his spouse was unable, perhaps this was one of his excuses of his playboy ways behind her back? Still, work didn’t help in time spent with her, around that time he was also doing various undercover scenes and that too pushed the relationship closer and closer to the breaking point. The pieces did finally snap when he was pretending to be a boyfriend of a woman involved in a large drug run. Maybe he did fuck her, but that was besides the point, it was part of the job. Little did he know his wife had someone tailing him and investigating him and even after he had a helping hand of bringing down a drug ring, he was busted himself for his deep involvement and that put his work in a spiral.
To keep things from getting too out of hand, the police department decided to let him go, put in a good reputation for his line of work. After all the legal issues and being near broke, he took what remaining savings he had and started a new life in California.
For the past few years before the outbreak he has been acting as a private detective, it was a good time. A cheap run down office of his own, various cases he resolved from silly ones to serious ones. There had been times he even helped the local police department in investigations, so the money was soon rolling in and his office was upgrading. This line of work he begun to enjoy more and any women he found himself involved with, well, he kept them a various city’s apart from one another; and if anything else, never prolonged a relationship to a marriage standpoint after the last practically wrecked him.
With the outbreak, he has been doing his best to survive on his own, has been making plans of even trying to make it to a smaller city or even the country. Unfortunately, with traffic pileups and shambling zombies everywhere, that is hard to do. Also, they are the least of his concerns, he has seen how groups begun to turn on others, human nature itself is just as dangerous. He doubts help will be ever coming and thus this too has lead to a colder psychology to develop. Sexuality:
Heterosexual Sexual On's and Offs: Touch MePlayer: Drake Valentine