IMPORTANT: All in-depth information such as history, setting, and rules, can now be found on the group's wiki page. Simply click here to go there.
On the northern most pole of the world, amongst the frozen land of snow and ice, if your eyes know of magic they will suddenly rest on a Eden of wonder. Step forth from the cold frozen tundra into warmth and life. Look up to the sky and see that at night the stars and moon are a indigo blue as if looking through a color filter on a camera lens. But you notice as you watch the Aurora Borealis (aka the Northern Lights) dance across the sky as they almost always do here, that the stars and moon are the only things with altered color. So maybe it's a spell, a trick of the mind. The weather is not cold here as you would expect but is rather perfectly warm when it needs to be, and cold when it does not. If you start to wonder where you are in this beautiful magical land where it seems anything is possible, it is the Indigo Kingdom. For 7,000 years it has be a stronghold of magic and peace. All are welcome here in Indigo under the rule of Queen Alluriella
(Taken from Moraline's Game Info Checklist
)The Indigo Kingdom:
Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level (If/where applicable)
- This game is in the extreme section to allow openness and creativity on all levels. However, this does not mean they things will necessarily become extreme and even if they do, that is why we employ the warning system in the header. Additionally, this is a freeform game, meaning that I as GM will not deploy any sort of dice system moderate combat or anything else. If the players wish to deploy their own system between themselves, that is up to them. This game is also freeform in story, meaning that what you do with your characters is entirely up to you. However, if you make a destructive character character, do not expect their misgivings to go unnoticed.
- The game is open to anyone regardless of gender, sexuality or preferences.
- There are no set roles for players to pick up. That said,it is perfectly reasonable to request a certain role such as castle guard, librarian, or anything else.
- This is a medieval high fantasy freeform kingdom.
- While they is no mass guided plot, the game is set is a magical land hidden near the North Pole. It is a land created 7,000 years ago as a safe haven for magical beings. A complete history can be found in the group's wiki page.
- There are few, if any character creation limits. That said, what I do have on the subject can be found in the wiki.
- This is a completely original game of mine and therefore has no outside information. I do however have a map and some general world building information which can be found on the wiki page
- The pacing of the game is variable. I normally say at least one post per week. However, real life is real life and if you are held up, that is understandable. The only exception to this is in events where the game must keep moving at a reasonable pace.
- Sexual activity and how much is to occur is the players decision. This is not a sexual or pairing bases group, and therefore will not be treated as such. However, if you want to have a sexually charged personal story, you may.
- A complete header system including tagging and picture is used and expected at the top of every IC post. The header code can be found in the OOC thread.
- As of right now, I am the only GM. If it becomes needed, I will add a Co GM or two. However, I will be especially picky about who I choose.
- This is a sandbox style game, meaning that I do not guide the players in story or decisions at all. The exception to this is story events, which will be heavily guided by myself and may affect the kingdom as whole. However, the choice to take part in these guided events is entirely yours.
- I have put a lot of work into creating the environment of the Indigo Kingdom. How you use it to your advantage or disadvantage is entirely yours, so long as you don't go overboard to a GM/God-mode level.
- Public, story, and event NPCs (such as the Inn Keeper in the Village or the kidnap victim/kidnapper for a story event) are primarily handled by me as they are as much my characters as my PCs. However, background NPCs around your characters ( such as passerbys on the streets) are mostly at your control, and you are also given the choice to make a pet/companion as a NPC that accompanies your character
- This is my darling that I have had across several years and several sites. So, I am very active with it. Though it certainly does not get all my attention, I do try and give it the blunt of it.
- There are two OOCs (links in first post here), one for general chatter, the other announcements and questions related to the game.
- New players PM me or post your questions here. Approved players PM me or post your questions in the Game OOC
- If any conflict or confusion arises between characters, please bring it to me in a PM. I will do my best to resolve it in a none bias way.
- PvP is allowed and even encouraged, so long as you don't go tearing too much up around you. I even have arenas that while aren't in use for a event, are free to be used for PvP.
- While it is not required, I do hope that players who wish to join familiarize themselves with, and even sign the Oath of the Drake as well as take a peek at my Guide to RP Etiquette
- And with that in mind, remember to always respect your follow players in all ways, including, but not limited to, their Ons and Offs.
- At least one post per week is generally expected. However, if something comes up, that's fine. Just inform us so we know. Same if you are a slow or variable writer, just let us know. If a player leaves completely, it is requested that they tell me so I can mark them as inactive. If anyone has a scene with a character when its player leaves, they are expected to simply move on without said character. In some cases a character may have to be NPC'd out of a scene.
- Because of the sandbox nature, it is very easy to integrate new players and characters. They can simply" jump in" almost anywhere and join the fun. Scarlet Village is a especially popular starting point, especially for characters that are new to the kingdom.
- Third person, past tense, POV is the strongly preferred writing style here. However, I have never been one to complain about different styles coming in.
Character Sheet Name:
Characters must be sent by pm to me for approval! Rules for character making can be found on the group's wiki page.
Your character's full real name and nicknames Alias:
A name your character earned or that they go by that isn't their real or nickname Race:
It's pretty much anything goes here. See rules for limitations Age:
Your character's age Rank:
Your character's job Gender:
Your character's gender Orientation:
Your character's sexual preference Weapon:
Your character's main weapon or weapons Powers:
Your character's powersAbilities:
Your character's physical abilities (sword train, senses, ect)Appearance:
A written appearance describing what they look like. I require both written appearance and a image. The picture at the top should be a 150x200 picture. Anything bigger I will resize. Anything smaller I will resize. Anything else and full sized images can be cold linked here. Real photos and art are both acceptable, but please use good art. History:
At least two or more detailed paragraphs.
[floatright][img padding=5]image link here[/img][/floatright] [b]Name:[/b]
Character Pet Sheet
If your character has a pet, familiar or companion, please fill this out and add it on to the bottom of their sheet Name:
Your pet's/companion's nameSpecies:
Their age Gender:
Their gender Powers/Abilities:
If they have any. Keep it minimum Appearance:
Same deal as character appearance. Remember you must provide a written appearance as well as a image for both. Same rules for pictures.History:
At least a paragraph describing how they came to be with your character.
[floatright][img padding=5]image link here[/img][/floatright] [b]Name:[/b]